*~*~* The Decemberists! *~*~*

I have the same dilemma as you, I think our rooms are about the same size.

I really liked the idea of the cot top changers but ruled it out as I would prefer a drawer set with a changing bit on the top so I can put nappies, wipes etc in the drawers.

I'm also not having a chair as much as I would love one!

Awwww Hanyou that is so rough.

I feel ya though, just when I was starting to think I was in the clear today was a bad day...I started to get too cocky and not even eat something before I got out of bed. Well, bad move, I spent 30 min puking up bile. It would have been much nicer had it been a banana, lol.

Lesson learned - I am NOT out of first tri yet and I need to stop getting ahead of myself...

I am just so ready to move on to the energy, bump and movements phase!!!!
What kinds of foods do you keep next to the bed to eat before you get up? I dont think crackers are helping me out. Any suggestions? I puked again this morning, but only once. I dont want to have to take those pills again if I dont have to, they made me feel like I was hung over and gave me a huge headache. I want to look into more natural means of relief.

Morning Ladies!

Sooo glad it's the weekend, I love short weeks!!

Hanyou - sounds like the MS is getting worse, hope the pills help!
Me too, but I want to keep using as natural means as possible. I dont like feeling hungover lol

Gaia and Han - the movement and bump stage will more than make up for the sicky stage :thumbup:
I'm sure hoping so. I can't wait!

Hanyou - for awhile it was nuts (almonds and walnuts) because they are such good protein but I started getting sick thinking about them because I overdid it, lol. Sometimes I'll get DH to bring me a yogurt which works but also...bananas! They go down easy and really coat your stomach quickly. Those are my top three for sure!

Banana this morning in bed, then a turkey sausage and two eggs...and so far today is like a completely different day!

Hanyou - for awhile it was nuts (almonds and walnuts) because they are such good protein but I started getting sick thinking about them because I overdid it, lol. Sometimes I'll get DH to bring me a yogurt which works but also...bananas! They go down easy and really coat your stomach quickly. Those are my top three for sure!

Banana this morning in bed, then a turkey sausage and two eggs...and so far today is like a completely different day!

I will definitely try to keep some of those things close the the side of my bed. I couldn't get enough of the banana's last night in my cereal, so maybe my body needs them.
A turkey sausage sounds divine! I love turkey sausage!
I will try out these suggestions and I hope they help. I can't stand the constant puking :nope:

Hello all

Just popping in to say hi! This has turning into a real pregnancy thread - you are all blooming nicely.

Hanyou - no experience (obviously) but since I am vomit-phobic I did a LOT of research prior to feeling able to TTC . . . natural methods you could try are wrist bands https://www.biobands.com/ they seem to work in our family for sea sickness and have good reviews
Self hypnosis cd https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/9.html I've used the relaxation and TTC ones - they are VERY good at relaxing me. Obviously the conceiving bit hasn't worked YET but I feel much better afterwards.
Also chinese remedies say ginger or peppermint works for sickness depending on whether you are hot or cold (if hot should take peppermint to cool down), if cold should take ginger to warm up. But worth checking with mw first as I've read some don't recommend peppermint tea when pregnant as it can cause uterine muscles to relax. Others seem to say its great for ms so who knows.

Hope that helps.

AFM. I think I OV'd yesterday so please send some dust my way . . . would be great to join you this month. I know its not been that long especially as I had a chemical in feb but it feels like we've been TTC for ages! We had loads of BDing this month but typically not yesterday! I'm hoping it doesn't make a huge difference as we had some the evening before and morning after. FX'd!

Hello all

Just popping in to say hi! This has turning into a real pregnancy thread - you are all blooming nicely.

Hanyou - no experience (obviously) but since I am vomit-phobic I did a LOT of research prior to feeling able to TTC . . . natural methods you could try are wrist bands https://www.biobands.com/ they seem to work in our family for sea sickness and have good reviews
Self hypnosis cd https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/9.html I've used the relaxation and TTC ones - they are VERY good at relaxing me. Obviously the conceiving bit hasn't worked YET but I feel much better afterwards.
Also chinese remedies say ginger or peppermint works for sickness depending on whether you are hot or cold (if hot should take peppermint to cool down), if cold should take ginger to warm up. But worth checking with mw first as I've read some don't recommend peppermint tea when pregnant as it can cause uterine muscles to relax. Others seem to say its great for ms so who knows.

Hope that helps.

AFM. I think I OV'd yesterday so please send some dust my way . . . would be great to join you this month. I know its not been that long especially as I had a chemical in feb but it feels like we've been TTC for ages! We had loads of BDing this month but typically not yesterday! I'm hoping it doesn't make a huge difference as we had some the evening before and morning after. FX'd!

Thanks for the tips :thumbup:

:dust::dust::dust:
To you Mini!

Hello all

Hope that helps.

So good to hear from you Mini! Chart looks good so sending lots and lots of dust your way!! :dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust:dust

wow smawfl that's a lot of dust . . . it will have to be my month - thanks!

Mini, I don't think I can match smawfl but I wish you lots and lots of :dust: too. Fingers crossed it is your month. It's good to hear from you hon :hugs:

Hey mini, 1000 times the amount of dust sent by smawfl!!! Really hoping this is your month.

Smawfl, I've read that you can have LO sleep in the iCandy strawberry carry cot overnight. I'm trying to do some more research on this but if true - more of an incentive to get the strawberry!!! :thumbup: this will then hopefully eradicate the need of a Moses basket too?? What's your thoughts?

Pusscat, hope you manage to get your nursery sorted!! I'm just in the process of getting some fitted wardrobes in there - looking forward to decorating ours - I enjoy being creative!!

Afm - 20 week scan was amazing!! :cloud9: baba had muscles!! S/he had biceps! Even though team yellow, I was trying to spy but couldn't make out any dangly bits or not! Ha! Sonographer was great! Explained things so well and was really encouraging during measurements, saying things like perfect, lovely, I'm happy with that, etc!

Baba had his/her feet crossed at the bottom and clenched fists by their face!! Unfortunately, I have a low lying placenta. Although not covering my cervix, I have to go back for a rescan at 32 weeks! :winkwink: The midwife explained it all really well, and in 9/10 cases the placenta moves up. IF it doesn't, I'd need a c section... Plllleeeaaassseee move up placenta!!! I'm just so glad that lil baba is growing well. Can't wait to meet him/her!!

How's everyone else doing? All good I hope x

FSB I'm so glad your scan was such a great experience and that baby is doing well :hugs: He/she will be delivering some mean punches soon with those muscles, I bet! :p Do you know how far from the cervix your placenta is? Mine was covering at 13 weeks and as of yesterday is 2cm away...I think if it stays at 2cm I would still have to have a section but I'm hopeful that it's moving in the right direction (I think 2.5 might be enough so not much farther to go). As you said, the vast majority of them do move up so I'm sure you will be fine! It will be cool to have that extra scan, too!

Wondering if any of you, particularly those who are slightly farther along, are beginning to feel slightly crowded...my bump isn't even that big but suddenly I'm having trouble bending forward at the hip! It was uncomfortable to put my shoes on this morning! I knew this was coming at some point but it's surprising to feel it so soon. I asked my due date group and none of them could sympathize yet, so for now I'm the only freak feeling it early :haha:

Thank you SWE! I hope yours continues to move also - they didn't measure mine at the 12 week scan?

I initially thought I was getting kicks from the big bean, now I'm convinced they were punches! :haha:

And yes, I'm feeling slightly restricted in terms of bending over! I've only got a tiny bump really but I've always been lucky in having a small waist (and massive thighs - genetics) so I think it's really noticeable!

I go back to school on Monday but I've been so distracted with baby stuff, I've not done nearly enough work! Oh dear! I think the kids and my colleagues are going to think I ate all the Easter eggs as I didn't reveal my pregnancy to everyone before we broke up! I think my bump is more noticeable now... I'm prepared for all the banter and jokes! :haha:

Have a lovely weekend all :flower:

Minimoo - mega loads of :dust:!! Good to hear from you and really really hope this month is the month!

FSB - aw, your scan sounds like it went perfectly, appart from the placenta being low, but in terms of happy baby, it's all looking good :thumbup: I really hope my sonographer is nice and explains things properly! The last one we had was rubbish and I couldn't understand what all the baby bits were because he rushed through it all too quickly. Hopefully that was just because I was there for the NT scan. But still hope I get someone else!

We had a little look at prams in John Lewis today and we both liked the Icandy, I think it was and apple jogger. The main issue with prams will be fitting them in the boot of my car as my boot is tiny. So mustn't set my heart on a pram before measuring it up when folded. I hadn't considered having the baby sleep in the pram carrycot, but looking at the icandy web site, it says you can. Only trouble would be I wouldn't be able to fit the carry cot in my car boot :wacko:

Seaweed - I can still bend over to put shoes on but it does feel somewhat uncomfortable now, it causes pressure and sometimes pain in my tummy so I've had to start sitting on the stairs to put my shoes on. You're not the only freak on here :hugs:

FSB - I'm the same, back to school on monday and still not finished planning :dohh: All my colleagues know but none of the children or parents. I'm going to announce it when we get back but not quite sure how I'm going to do it! Have you told your class? I think you teach older children than me so it might be different for you. I might take the scan photos in and show them, although not sure they'd understand the picture? Or maybe they would, it's quite clearly a baby. I'll start preparing myself for the easter egg jokes now!

FSB - is your avatar photo still your old scan photo or is it a new one? Can we see your 20 week one if you have it? :flower:

Hey Pusscat - hope you have a nice sonographer too. My 12 week one was a bit miserable and unfriendly. She took a rubbish picture and I had to ask for a clearer one - she tutted and snapped again! Ha!!

My class are 15-16 year olds leaving in 6 weeks! Part :cry: part :happydance:!! More free time but more things to do also! I'll miss them. They were my first form so I've had them for five years!! One of my colleagues who I have told said they were asking her just before we broke up whether I was pregnant! How on Earth did they know!!?? Not even staff had clicked on!! I like the idea of showing them scan pics, I'll probably put them on my laptop and project them. We have a really good rapport so I know they'll be dead chuffed!

I will upload my 20 week pic tomorrow when I drag my laptop out (and actually start planning) ha!! I'm just awful for distracting myself!!!!! :blush:

Hi ladies. WOW there is a lot to catch up on!

CONGRATS HM on the :bfp: So happy for you!
Hard to believe how far along a lot of us are! Seems like it has flown by! Quick catch up.....second genetic screening came back and everything was fine with a risk for Downs at 1:9400 or so:thumbup: Have had a horrible UTI for the past few weeks but seems to be getting better slowly and m/s has finally slacked off for now atleast but the exhaustion has gotten pretty rough this past week. Also having some pinching pains in my lower abdomen which is suspected of being "round ligament pain" from my uterus growing. And last but CERTAINLY not least had my 18wk scan and we are having a...drum roll please.............................:blue:BOY:blue:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now FINALLY starting to get SUPER excited and I think the mommy bug is finally starting to bite!! Was getting scared I wouldn't ever get really excited.....guess it just takes some a little longer than others:cloud9:

Ok well I won't take up any more of your time. So glad to hear all pregnant mommas are doing well and continued LUCK and :dust: to the ladies still TTC!
Oh, and here is a pick of my 18+6 bump! Starting to get a little bit of one lol

Attachments

• 100_0883.jpg
    100_0883.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2
Yayyyy a little boy!!! Congrats DS :yipee:
I hope you feel all the way better soon!

Hi Girls, how's everyone doing today?

FeelSoBlessed - I don't think I'm going to get a carrycot. They don't stay in them very long and I prefer the moses basket for them to sleep in I think. (Much prettier :haha:) I saw the iCandy Strawberry again yesterday (I think you're right they can sleep in the carrycot) and as much as I LOVE it I think it will be to heavy and bulky for my car :cry: Also, I can fold it down ok, but it always takes a couple of attempts :cry: So now my shortlist is:

iCandy Cherry
BabyStyle Oyster
Uppababy Cruz

Not actually seen the Cruz in real life so hoping to see it when it comes in stock at the Baby shop or at the BabyShow!

Glad the scan went well! Hope the placenta moves, I'm sure I read it often does :thumbup:

Seaweed - I'm definitely starting to feel more aware of the bump... putting socks on is difficult and it's there when I'm at the table eating! Goodness knows what it'll be like when I'm bigger!! So yep, definitely sympathise!!

DS0910 - so good to see you! Glad the screening went well and congrats on the boy news!!! :happydance::happydance: I have pullings occasionally too. Glad you're feeling excited and the bug has hit :haha:

Here's a bump piccie of me yesterday at 17 weeks!

Attachments

• 17weeks.jpg
    17weeks.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh