• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

*~*~* The Decemberists! *~*~*

Seaweed - I'm so pleased it all was ok, like Pusscat says, good advice just to get these things checked out rather than spending days worrying and stressing.

HanyouMama - You poor thing, i really hope it gets better soon, I have to say, I'm still having the odd bout, but things got much better for me at around 9 weeks, I really hope the same happens for you.

Gaiagirl - Yay for the bump!! And agreed, maternity underwear sounds fab!

Pusscat - I treated myself (and it really was spoiling myself) to some Elle Macpherson bras, they are good for both pregnancy and nursing, they were possibly my best buy clothes-wise last time, particularly the slightly padded one as I didn't have the tell-tale circles from breast pads!! They look like 'proper' underwear, so I didn't feel too frumpy, if that is possible in late pregnancy!! They also have 6 sets of hooks at the back, so they lasted my entire pregnancy and nursing, they just didn't fit when my milk came in, but then not much would have!!

Smwafl - I still think mines bloat!!

HanyouMama - :hugs: Hope today your stomach has treated you a little better? Have your tried plain chicken? I remember really loving it during the first tri and helped if I was having a off day.
I am going to be trying more plain things, grilled plain chicken has been a favorite, especially in sandwiches.

HanyouMama - You poor thing, i really hope it gets better soon, I have to say, I'm still having the odd bout, but things got much better for me at around 9 weeks, I really hope the same happens for you.

Today was the worst day for morning sickness that I have had thus far. I puked 5 times today between 8 am and 10:30 am. I actually had to call my OBGYN and have a prescription filled for anti nausea pills. I will be using them very sparingly and use as many natural means as possible, but the nausea this week has been causing me to miss work and I needed help. I would rather use natural means anyway because these pills make you feel like you have a hang over. :wacko:

Awwww Hanyou that is so rough.

I feel ya though, just when I was starting to think I was in the clear today was a bad day...I started to get too cocky and not even eat something before I got out of bed. Well, bad move, I spent 30 min puking up bile. It would have been much nicer had it been a banana, lol.

Lesson learned - I am NOT out of first tri yet and I need to stop getting ahead of myself...

I am just so ready to move on to the energy, bump and movements phase!!!!

Morning Ladies!

Sooo glad it's the weekend, I love short weeks!!

Pussycat - it always surprises me how different areas have different procedures. When did you say your 20 week scan was? Where did you get your maternity trousers from? I'm struggling to find maternity jeans I like.. some are so uncomfortable, I'm living in leggings at the moment! I also don't like the look of maternity bras, the don't really flatter your chest!

Shh - Which Elle Macphearson bras did you get? I think I need to splash out too, the ones I'm wearing are so unflattering!!

Hanyou - sounds like the MS is getting worse, hope the pills help!

Gaiagirl - it's funny isn't it, I think I've spent the majority of this pregnancy wishing I was further along than I am! I wonder if anyone actually stops and enjoys their pregnancy?! I wish I could enjoy it a little more.

Have a great weekend!

Smawfl -the one I like the most is called Fly Butterfly Fly - its slightly padded. But I also have and like the La Mere ones and like them too, very comfortable. But do go and try them one - I needed a size larger than expected!!

Smawfl -the one I like the most is called Fly Butterfly Fly - its slightly padded. But I also have and like the La Mere ones and like them too, very comfortable. But do go and try them one - I needed a size larger than expected!!

Oooh soo pretty!! i think I'm going to be treating myself today!! Are they underwired?

Shh - I've googled Elle Macpherson bras and they look really nice. Think I'll go shopping tomorrow and just take a ton of bras into the changing room to try on! I've felt a bit weird shopping for maternity things so far and I don't think I've taken my time enough! I kind of rush in and rush out because I still don't feel like I belong in the maternity sections as my bump doesn't show under a coat! Or under a cardigan for that matter. I know I'm being silly!

Smawfl - my 20 week scan is next friday :happydance::happydance::yipee: It's at 10:40, so all being well, this time next week I will know a lot more about the little one! I got my trousers from Mothercare. They're not jeans, they're more casual sweat pants kinda things, but I'm still going to wear them to work! They had a 3 for 2 offer on so I got a blue and a grey pair or these: https://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Mate...041&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

And a black pair of these: https://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Cros...B005CA3NS4&pf_rd_p=223220727&pf_rd_s=bottom-1

The yoga ones are great because you can wear the waist band over or under the bump. And the other ones just go under the bump.

Gaia and Han - the movement and bump stage will more than make up for the sicky stage :thumbup:

They're lovely, my sister gave me a pair similar to those actually.. I don't think I have the right footware though, ballet flats maybe?

How exciting about your scan, only a week to go!!

How soon did it come through? I haven't had mine yet so may give it a few days and then chase it.

They're lovely, my sister gave me a pair similar to those actually.. I don't think I have the right footware though, ballet flats maybe?

How soon did it come through? I haven't had mine yet so may give it a few days and then chase it.

I've worn converse style trainers with them so far but think I'll try ballet flats for work. If they look silly then I think I'll stick with the pumps, I think being pregnant gives you a bit of an excuse to dress down a bit! And working with messy 4 and 5 year olds, I don't exactly wear my best clothes anyway!

I got my 20 week scan booked in at the hospital right after we had our 12 week, I'm surprised your hospital didn't. They do like to make things more complicated than they need to be don't they?!!

I am sooooo excited about the scan!

I've got a load of planning to do but there's so much to distract me! Must. stop. looking. at. baby. things. on. internet :wacko:

I've worn converse style trainers with them so far but think I'll try ballet flats for work. If they look silly then I think I'll stick with the pumps, I think being pregnant gives you a bit of an excuse to dress down a bit! And working with messy 4 and 5 year olds, I don't exactly wear my best clothes anyway!

I got my 20 week scan booked in at the hospital right after we had our 12 week, I'm surprised your hospital didn't. They do like to make things more complicated than they need to be don't they?!!

I've got a load of planning to do but there's so much to distract me! Must. stop. looking. at. baby. things. on. internet :wacko:

My scan appointments get sent out in the post.. I agree, odd way of doing it!!

Oooh distract me too.. so bored at work today! What baby things are you looking at? Prams are my favourite at the moment :happydance:

My scan appointments get sent out in the post.. I agree, odd way of doing it!!

Oooh distract me too.. so bored at work today! What baby things are you looking at? Prams are my favourite at the moment :happydance:

I got my first scan appointment through the post but then booked the rest at the hospital.

I've been looking at nursery furniture. Trying to find a set that I like as that seems to be the best value. This is my favourite at the moment: https://www.mothercare.com/motherca...1?intid=catlp_nursery_collections_main_banner
£550 for the cot bed, chest of drawers and wardrobe is very good value. The draws don't have very good reviews though so I think I'd want to try and see it first. Think I might get my tape measure out this afternoon and see if it would all fit in our nursery-to-be! It's quite a small room. Shall we have some 'this is going to be the nursery' shots? I'll take one this afternoon and then we could update each other as they progress!

I've not started looking at prams yet as they confuse me with their infinite options!!

That's lovely Pussycat! We would like a cotbed but up until 6 months or so we'll be keeping Baby in with us and the cotbeds are really long so wont fit in our room. So I think we'll just get a normal size cot which fits fine.. but they don't seem to do matching furniture to go with it?!

I'll try and post a piccie of Nursery later. When we bought the house we completely gutted the place and decorated the box room (nursery) very neutral - it's all white! So we dont really need to do anything to it.. just buy furniture and put some pictures up. I might change the curtains once baby is born.

OOh forgot to say I also booked my BabyShow tickets - got two for £20 - and hopefully should get my free gift in the post!

I'm planning on keeping baby in with us in our bedroom too, maybe not for 6 months, we'll see how it goes! I'm going to get a not too expensive moses basket for those first few months and then gradually let it also sleep in the cot bed during the day so that it gets used to it. I suppose we'll just keep baby with us in our room for as long as they're still comfortable in the moses basket.

I booked my tickets too and emailed the lady. Didn't hear anything back from her but I'm still hopefully for a surprise in the post! What day are you going? I'm going on the Saturday.

I'm planning on keeping baby in with us in our bedroom too, maybe not for 6 months, we'll see how it goes! I'm going to get a not too expensive moses basket for those first few months and then gradually let it also sleep in the cot bed during the day so that it gets used to it. I suppose we'll just keep baby with us in our room for as long as they're still comfortable in the moses basket.

I booked my tickets too and emailed the lady. Didn't hear anything back from her but I'm still hopefully for a surprise in the post! What day are you going? I'm going on the Saturday.

Yeah we're getting a moses basket too, they grow out of them so quickly though!

We're going on the Sunday! I haven't heard back from her either, I guess she'll just post us the freebie, let me know when you get yours! Curious to know what it is!

Smawfl - no, no underwire, but I find them a lot more supportive than others I've tried.

I'm just going to have to hope the baby doesn't grow too fast!!

This is our nursery, complete with cat model. I don't think we even need to change the curtains because they're quite child-friendly. I think we must have sub-consciously been thinking 'potential baby's room' when we decorated, although we didn't talk about it at the time!

I've also attached a piccie of MIL's easter present to unborn grandchild! It's a lovely soft sleep suit and say 'I love cuddles' on it :cloud9: She's also bought several more clothing items from M&S plus she's knitted a toy sheep. She's going to be a great granny :haha:

Attachments

• IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4

This is our nursery, complete with cat model. I don't think we even need to change the curtains because they're quite child-friendly. I think we must have sub-consciously been thinking 'potential baby's room' when we decorated, although we didn't talk about it at the time!

I've also attached a piccie of MIL's easter present to unborn grandchild! It's a lovely soft sleep suit and say 'I love cuddles' on it :cloud9: She's also bought several more clothing items from M&S plus she's knitted a toy sheep. She's going to be a great granny :haha:

Ah gorgeous room, and cute outfit!!

My MIL gave us a couple of bits at the weekend... a set of cute tiny socks! I don't think she realised but they're all different and they're actually for girls.. Bless her I didn't have the heart to tell her!

Have you got an idea of where you want to put everything in the baby room?

Ah gorgeous room, and cute outfit!!

My MIL gave us a couple of bits at the weekend... a set of cute tiny socks! I don't think she realised but they're all different and they're actually for girls.. Bless her I didn't have the heart to tell her!

Have you got an idea of where you want to put everything in the baby room?

Well after measuring up just now I'm not too sure how everything will fit it! It would all go in but I'd just be left with a very small walk way down the middle of the room, which would not be nice. Think i might have to search for some more slim line furniture. I definitely want the cot/bed to go in the corner to the left as you go in the room as that's away from the window and radiator. Then I'd like a comfy chair next to the window for breast feeding and general cuddles with baby :cloud9: And then the wardrobe and chest of drawers/changer will have to fit in around that! I might have to go for just a wardrobe with draws down below, and then a cot top changer? It's difficult to know how much storage a baby is going to need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"