*~*~* The Decemberists! *~*~*

Smawfl - I hope the appointment goes well, enjoy listening to the train/galloping!! I was told at my 11 week appointment that in our area they've stopped listening to the heartbeat until past 20 weeks! She said that they'll often bend the rules though as she felt that was far too long to wait.

Thanks hun

I think they do here as my friend just told me she heard her's.. mixture of excitment and nervousness!!

Smawfl - I hope the appointment goes well, enjoy listening to the train/galloping!! I was told at my 11 week appointment that in our area they've stopped listening to the heartbeat until past 20 weeks! She said that they'll often bend the rules though as she felt that was far too long to wait.

Thanks hun

I think they do here as my friend just told me she heard her's.. mixture of excitment and nervousness!!

Yes, she did say that it was 'in our area' - so I'm guessing that means it isn't a national decision, just yet more stinginess where I live :haha: Enjoy - I loved that sound so much with my daughter, I could have listened to it all day.

Just come back from my midwife appointment, all ok! Heard the heartbeat which was amazing, so relieved!! Blood pressure and urine checked, all ok! So so relieved!!

Next appointment is my 20 week scan, can't wait!!

Smawfl, that's wonderful news :yipee: so glad it went well! When is your 20 week scan scheduled? I have always gotten worried before appointments...I think it's been getting a bit better with each one, but the worry is always there. I would like to think that I am enjoying pregnancy a bit more in between those moments, though! Certainly tons more than in first trimester!

Gaiagirl, congrats on 10 weeks! Great milestone!! I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better.

HM, how are you feeling? You poor girl :hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a miserable time. My only advice is to indulge that desire to sit on the couch and watch movies. When I look back I'm amazed that I even functioned as well as I did first tri when my energy level was so low.

I'm feeling a bit better than I did this weekend...on Sunday night I actually had a miscarriage dream, which was very scary. Hadn't had one of those in over a month. I'm sure it will pass, just need to get back to working and getting things done this week. Next appointment/heartbeat check is in about a week, and then 20 week scan a week after that, so I'm looking forward to those!

Smawfl, that's wonderful news :yipee: so glad it went well! When is your 20 week scan scheduled? I have always gotten worried before appointments...I think it's been getting a bit better with each one, but the worry is always there. I would like to think that I am enjoying pregnancy a bit more in between those moments, though! Certainly tons more than in first trimester!

I'm feeling a bit better than I did this weekend...on Sunday night I actually had a miscarriage dream, which was very scary. Hadn't had one of those in over a month. I'm sure it will pass, just need to get back to working and getting things done this week. Next appointment/heartbeat check is in about a week, and then 20 week scan a week after that, so I'm looking forward to those!

Thanks Seaweed! Havent got the date for the 20 week scan yet, I guess it will come through in the next week or so.

From what Ive spoken to people it seems it's normal to get nervous before appointments and scans!

Glad you're feeling better, sorry about your nightmare. Pregnancy is such a rollercoaster isn't it!!

Yes, my blood pressure is always much higher at appointments than when I measure it at home...the doctor said, "That's not unusual, people are often feeling especially nervous when they come to see us" :lol:

HM, how are you feeling? You poor girl :hugs: I'm sorry you're having such a miserable time. My only advice is to indulge that desire to sit on the couch and watch movies. When I look back I'm amazed that I even functioned as well as I did first tri when my energy level was so low.

I'm still feeling pretty gross :nope: The nausea is still really bad, but I havent exactly been eating as well as I should be either. I picked up a book to help me out with that and has alot of pregnancy friendly recipes in it. I think I let myself go too long without eating and thats why I am feeling so gross right now. I went to see Titanic with my sister in the theaters and forgot to bring my "Hanyou's anti-nausea snacks" in my purse which consists of ginger snaps and dry cereal. Im really hoping this passes soon :cry: That's that one thing I am having true issues with with being pregnant is the morning sickness. I knew it would be a problem for me, but i didnt think it would be this bad. Sorry, that was my little complaining session lol. Nausea is just my least tolerable part of being sick, it always has been.

Smawfl - SO glad to hear all went well :):) Sorry, was that your first time hearing baby?! I can't remember...also did you say what the BPM were? I should have read more thoroughly before replying, lol.

Hanyou - That simply sucks. I still feel gross on and off but man, WAY better than weeks 7-10 those sucked! Ginger is good, but seriously --- PROTEIN! Snacks need to be high in protein or the nausea comes back quickly and often worse...nuts, greek yogurt, cheese sticks, even beef jerky! Get lots of protein!

AFM - I am seriously getting round in the lower abdomen. I know it is still mostly bloat but I can`t even suck in anymore! I officially look fat! I even wore maternity underwear today...and wow are they comfortable! They don`t cut into my abdomen it`s lovely! Also, the What To Expect app I have says that at 10w1d I am already a lime so I think these tickers are a little behind...

Hanyou - That simply sucks. I still feel gross on and off but man, WAY better than weeks 7-10 those sucked! Ginger is good, but seriously --- PROTEIN! Snacks need to be high in protein or the nausea comes back quickly and often worse...nuts, greek yogurt, cheese sticks, even beef jerky! Get lots of protein!
I will definitely have to go to the store later and get some snacks. Would turkey jerky still be a good source of protein? I dont really like beef that much... I really should be eating more eggs. I have been trying to eat them for breakfast, but sometimes I can't handle the smell when im cooking them. Hopefully I can get this down to where I can handle it. I can't be going home from work because of the morning sickness lol

Eggs are the one thing I still can't handle sometimes :sick: they're good for you, though, if you can eat them!

I think I had at least two cheese sticks per day when MS was at its worst. Very helpful.

Luckily I never went off eggs...especially runny yolk (I'm bad I know).

I think turkey jerky is fine...I would just try to get one with the least nitrites. I had some jerky from a local butcher which was fairly natural!

Thanks Gaia and Seaweed, I will try these tips. I will try to find jerky that as natural as possible and I will be buying some cheese sticks in the morning. :thumbup:

Smawfl - SO glad to hear all went well :):) Sorry, was that your first time hearing baby?! I can't remember...also did you say what the BPM were? I should have read more thoroughly before replying, lol.

AFM - I am seriously getting round in the lower abdomen. I know it is still mostly bloat but I can`t even suck in anymore! I officially look fat! I even wore maternity underwear today...and wow are they comfortable! They don`t cut into my abdomen it`s lovely! Also, the What To Expect app I have says that at 10w1d I am already a lime so I think these tickers are a little behind...

Thanks Gaiagirl! Yes it's the first time I'd heard the heartbeat, although I'd seen it previously on my other scans, hearing it is amazing :cloud9::cloud9:

My BPM was 150, think that's pretty average?

Heheh I still think I have the first trimester bloat.. my mum thinks I'm delusional and it's definitely bump! Post a piccie!! :thumbup:

Mid week today already! Love having shorter weeks!!!

Toast/ crackers do not help in the morning :sick: I have such BAD heart burn right now, and I've already had another vomiting episode this morning.... Please, please, PLEASE be over soon morning sickness....:cry:

Good morning ladies (or good evening for most of you)! I had a bit of a scare today...had been noticing some achy pressure-y feelings very low in my abdomen since yesterday morning, quite mild but just different from anything I'd felt before, and suddenly last night it set off alarm bells. I know it's been an anxious week and I've been very vigilant for symptoms of any possible complication, but I still felt like it would really ease my mind to have a scan today to make sure my cervix was still doing all right and not trying to dilate or something. Fortunately the doctor agreed and booked me for a scan in the morning.

Thank goodness everything appears to be perfectly fine :cloud9: no problem at all with the cervix, checked on the placenta too since it was low last time and it seems to be moving out of the way. Took just a quick look at baby, who seems fine and could not be bothered to open his legs. :p I don't mind, it would have been nice to get some confirmation but it was just a perk compared to finding out I'm not losing the pregnancy. It looks like he's sitting at the bottom of my uterus so maybe that's why I'm feeling some pressure down there.

Anyway, even though nothing is wrong I'm glad I called right away and very reassured that they agreed with me that a scan was warranted. Don't hesitate to call if you feel like something might be wrong. :hugs:

I'm very glad that everything is alright Seaweed! :thumbup:

Thank you HM :hugs: I'm so sorry you're feeling sick, please take it easy...I hope your MS goes soon too! Lots of women find complete relief around 8 weeks, and even I who wasn't so lucky had the worst behind me by 7 1/2 weeks. I hope the same thing happens for you. :hugs: Soon you'll be back to your usual self!!

Thank you HM :hugs: I'm so sorry you're feeling sick, please take it easy...I hope your MS goes soon too! Lots of women find complete relief around 8 weeks, and even I who wasn't so lucky had the worst behind me by 7 1/2 weeks. I hope the same thing happens for you. :hugs: Soon you'll be back to your usual self!!

Oh im really hoping so! These past few days have just been awful! And apparently toast and crackers arent agreeing with me at all, I've been vomiting and having the most horrible heart burn. I wish I could just lay on the couch again and veg, but I have school tonight and tomorrow night and have to get some work done lol. Plus, we are moving in 19 days and I still have alot to pack and arrange. This is going to be a busy month! But the day after we move (may first) we get to go to our first appointment :thumbup: Hopefully by then things will have subsided or at least lessened.
Im hoping to be one of those lucky ones that have it go away at 8 weeks, but im not going to get my hopes up lol.

HanyouMama - :hugs: Hope today your stomach has treated you a little better? Have your tried plain chicken? I remember really loving it during the first tri and helped if I was having a off day.

Seaweed - glad you were seen so quickly and everything's ok :hugs: You give very good advice to just get things checked out if anything's worrying you :thumbup: I never expected these aches/pressures that started up a couple of weeks ago. I've had lots of pulling sensations when I get up from sitting down, down the side of my tummy. Plus back and hip pain. I never expected pregnancy to feel like this, but now I think about it it's only to be expected, there's so much rapid growth happening right now that things are going to get stretched and pulled.

Smawfl - glad your appointment went well :thumbup: I still haven't heard my little one's heart beat! Got to wait until next MW appointment which is at 25 weeks :nope:

Gaiagirl - ooh, maternity underwear sounds lovely! I bought myself my first maternity trousers a couple of days ago and they are so so comfy! I was worried I wouldn't be big enough for them but they fit very well. They're so stretchy any nice! Also bought a maternity bra which I'm still trying to get used to. It seems really really big, so it pokes out of the sides of vests. I don't like it that much! Might look for another one at the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->