The developmental milestones thread---what did your baby do today? :)

JleStar

Reaction score
This thread is not for competition. Let's keep it happy and light. As we all know all babies are different and develop at different paces. I just want to tell people what my DS has done without the fear of feeling like anyone thinks I am bragging. So please share what your LO has accomplished and I will not judge.

I will start: DS has started to take steps since January 29th but today was the first day he took quite a few consecutive steps without falling (10 steps!). I am so proud of him. He looked so cute "walking." I like to call him my drunken Frankenstein. :haha:

Ok...your turn! Tell away with no fear :happydance:

Thorrins been laughing for a month now but today he gave a sustained belly laugh that sounded more like an actual child's laugh! And yesterday he said "bababa!" With a very serious and determined face. (He didn't want to be in the car seat. First time he's expressed frustration with consonants as opposed to crying or vowel sounds)

I brushed Callum's tooth for the first time today! His first one popped up yesterday after what seemed like months of teething.

I know it's not really a development milestone per se, but it's all I've got :haha:

Thorrins been laughing for a month now but today he gave a sustained belly laugh that sounded more like an actual child's laugh! And yesterday he said "bababa!" With a very serious and determined face. (He didn't want to be in the car seat. First time he's expressed frustration with consonants as opposed to crying or vowel sounds)

Omg! Wonderful! I remember that I almost cried when I heard my son have an actual child's laugh gor the first time. I think the sound of your child laughing is by far the best sound in the world.

I brushed Callum's tooth for the first time today! His first one popped up yesterday after what seemed like months of teething.

I know it's not really a development milestone per se, but it's all I've got :haha:

Aww so happy for you. Brush that sucker good--- I bet it gave you plenty of sleepless nights :haha: unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my DS teeth to pop out. It feels like it has been an eternity of teething.

Wow, 10 steps! Isn't your baby only 9 months old? You are in serious, serious trouble :haha:

Yesterday my LO waved goodbye properly for the first time. She's been trying for a while but up until now she always had her hand in a fist instead of open. Of course her first wave was to a stranger at the grocery store and I still haven't been able to get her to do it for me, haha

Wow, 10 steps! Isn't your baby only 9 months old? You are in serious, serious trouble :haha:

Yesterday my LO waved goodbye properly for the first time. She's been trying for a while but up until now she always had her hand in a fist instead of open. Of course her first wave was to a stranger at the grocery store and I still haven't been able to get her to do it for me, haha

Yes, I guess you are right on that one bananz---I am in trouble! I could barely keep up with him now. :haha:

Aww good for your LO. Sorry it was to a stranger lol. I've been trying to teach my son for a while how to wave. He is not I interested. Lol

My LO just learned how to point over the past few days and now she points at everything! If I point back at her she laughs hysterically. Love it. :)

My LO just learned how to point over the past few days and now she points at everything! If I point back at her she laughs hysterically. Love it. :)

Lol..very cute. So does she point to things she wants?

We actually had a crazy day today. First he 'crawled' all the way up the bed by face planting and then hitching his bum in the air and pushing his torso along! Not a comfortable way to travel, but effective.

Then, we had a friend over for dinner and during his bath time she was making Donald Duck noises at him. He was in fits of giggles, laughing and squealing like I've never heard before. Unbelievably cute!

Lovely thread!

Our LO blew raspberries for the first time yesterday, hasn't stopped since. :haha:

My LO cried hysterically when I took a toy from him and clutched it sobbing when I handed it back. I know it doesnt sound like a development lol, but It's the second time he's ever reacted that way to something like a toy. The first time was yesterday. It's like he's really starting to notice the world around him and he's expressing it in little ways.

Lol..very cute. So does she point to things she wants?

She points at me when she wants me to pick her up, she points at food if she wants some, she points at the dogs and then looks at me like she's trying to show me that they're there, and she points at pictures in books!

And then sometimes she just points at the ceiling and I'm not sure what's going on there.

This is a good thread, babies are amazing little things and they learn so much so quickly. :)

My little guy started reaching out for a toy he wants when i hold it in front of him... today he laughed hysterically while nursing because he found it funny he was filling his diaper, iykwim he's definitely got his fathers sense of humor.

He reached out for me to pick him up :cloud9: I've been waiting soooo long for that one!

Holly has started to hold something up to her face and then move it and peek round it so we can play peekaboo!

He tried to crawl over the pillow barracade that I put on our bed whilst I'm doing my hair and make up. Need to find somewhere else to put him now I think!

She just rolled front to back for the first time! =D> She managed to roll back to front two weeks ago.

My LO rolled front to back last week, she's now starting to master it as well as trying to roll back to front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->