The difference in a year...

This time last year I was 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant and on cloud 9! I am now a mummy and thinking about ttc my next bundle of joy towards the end of the year so hopefully this time next year I will be pregnant with baby no 2 :)

At this time last year I was still in the "I don't want kids" boat! :haha:

This time last year I was just completing my Access course at college and had failed to secure a place at Uni to study Midwifery :nope:, instead I had just been offered a job as a Neonatal Support Worker in a local hospital :thumbup:. Had no intention of planning for another baby :nope: (although had always regretted my sterilisation op).

Now I am in uni studying Midwifery (got a last minute offer from a uni that had originally rejected me) :happydance:. I have almost completed my first year and I love it :flower:. Me and DH also had THE conversation where he admitted that he too regretted the sterilization and so we recently decided to have the reversal and try for our last baby :cloud9:.

This time next year I hope to be about to complete my second year of uni and to have had my reversal operation and be getting myself in tip top condition for ttc around November time :thumbup:

I kind if got this idea from something pnkpolkadots said in her blog
I hope you don't mind me turning it into a post! :flower:

It's almost my birthday so I can remember specifically where we were in life this time last year. We had just bought our house, had no money or even furniture except for an air mattress that served as a couch/bed/dinner table thinking about how 'stuck' we were. I didn't think we would ever have kids because of how bad we were struggling, choosing between food and bills every week and we don't qualify for assistance. I thought getting this house was a mistake because while our income was too high for assistance, I couldn't figure out why it wasn't enough for bills and other important things (gas, food, etc) I was looking at all my pre-baby goals and thinking "we are never gonna get caught up on bills, much less save money or get married!"

Then i learned to make a budget (something i'll teach my children about very early on) i honestly didn't know how to make one before we had big money bills, nobody I knew had ever used one.
Then he got a small raise (a few cents an hour makes a huge difference). Then I got a job after looking for forever.. Now we have saved $800 In 2 weeks to pay off the car, and not one bill was overdue these last few months. Oh! And now we are happily married with plenty of furniture :)

This time next year I hope we have all of our debt, besides the mortgage, paid off. I hope we are putting all the money I'm making into a savings account and are living on his income alone...preparing us for when I can be a stay at home mommy,
i hope to be pregnant or TTC, maybe (if I'm super lucky) ill be a mommy!

Where were you early summer last year? Where do you hope to be next year?
It will be pretty cool to look back next June to see how far we've all come!

Going through old subscriptions and found this!
To add to last year my husband lost his job jun 5 and I found out I was pregnant June 6.

Since then he's had trouble holding down a steady job, but just got hired back at his job he got fired from last year so hopefully he can keep this one.
We did manage to pay off the car, so now we only have our mortgage and debt to family who has helped us. We're waiting on my inheritance from my grandfather so hopefully that'll come this year..he's been gone for 2 years now so I'm not hopeful (I hope that doesn't sound cold, I love and miss him very much)

The biggest thing that's different is that I'm a mommy :) he's so perfect. Now I'm thinking about having him a sibling.

This time next year I hope our house has been sold/rented and we're building another. We have plenty of furniture for a few bedrooms and a nursery. I don't want to be pregnant with #2 quite yet but we will see.

Can't wait to read everyone's updates!

What a great idea for a thread! Mellipaige i read your first post in this thread and so happy for you that you are now a mum! Just liked you hoped :)

This time last year I was living in London and working a fixed term contract in a job I really enjoyed. I also had no real idea when we would be able to ttc as there was no way in London and we wanted to move home but had to wait fir OH to progress in his job and then get a promotion that would lead us back home. A year on we have now moved home due to OH getting his promotion! And I am now job hunting. We are starting to ttc in December so the rest of this year will be spent enjoying time together and with our friends and going to festivals and holidays plus training for my first marathon in October.
This time next year I hope to be pregnant! If we are very lucky and are successful first time I will be almost 6 months! I will come back and update next year :D

This is cool, I love seeing updates on how people get on and it is fun not having to wait a year to read them :haha:. This time last year things were pretty much the same as they are now. DD was about 7 weeks old, DS was about 22 months old and I was on maternity leave. now the kids are older (of course lol) and I'm back working but nothing else has changed, which I'm pleased about :). Hopefully this time next year things will be the same, except I'd love to be pregnant with number 3 or looking forward to ttc soon- I can dream :haha:

I remember doing one of these a couple of years back when we were wtt#1. Makes me want to scour through to find it :haha:

This time last year I was 5 months pregnant. We'd been in our house 6 months are were still slowing getting there with the redecoration. We were also saving every penny we could for once my maternity leave started. Both in steady careers and extremely happy with where life was taking us.

This year, DD is 7 months and she's just amazing. I am loving being a mummy, I see so many of both mine and OH's personality traits coming out in DD. She's definitely got my stubbornness. I'm enjoying being on maternity leave, not looking forward to leaving DD when I have to go back, luckily I'll only be returning part time. Our house is decorated to as much as we can do, we can't afford to fit a new bathroom just yet. OH is climbing the career ladder in his respective field, and he's happy in his job.

This time next year I'll be back at work, DD will be in nursery. Hopefully OH will be getting more credits for his work, and we'll be preparing to ttc#2. I would like to think OH might've popped the question by then too.

At this time next year I hope to be accepted into the Early Childhood Education program and hopefully live on my own soon. I love my mom and living with her but I don't want to live with her forever.

Last year at this time I realized I wanted to work with children so I took a grade 12 english class last September. It's the only mark I need to get into the ECE program but my final mark wasn't high enough so this September I'm taking it again. I was hoping to do the ECE this fall but I guess it wasn't meant to be. :shrug:

Hopefully in a few years when I have children I'll come along this post.

This time last year I was 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant and on cloud 9! I am now a mummy and thinking about ttc my next bundle of joy towards the end of the year so hopefully this time next year I will be pregnant with baby no 2 :)

Last year I was a mummy to one gorgeous girl and now I'm a mummy to two little girls :) my family is now complete

This time last year: saving every penny for a down payment on a house. Paying down some debt.

This year: bought house at beginning of year. Renovating basement into suite to rent out. Getting ready to NTNP/TTC next month

Next year: hoping to be preggo or already have the little one here. Looking into getting a second dog.

This time last year I was three days away from my wedding!

I was frantically finishing up last minute details and worrying about the huge hurricane running up the east coast. Luckily, it cleared up beautifully for our big day! We are going to our venue on Sunday (anniversary) and having a nice picnic lunch to celebrate one year together. ^_^ Weather is supposed to be beautiful again June 8th this year.

This time next year I will be finishing up my Masters degree in Elementary Education. I hope to have a job for the fall lined up already but was told by my professor the county can't announce any new hires until July. So very shortly after hopefully. :)

This time last year I was just completing my Access course at college and had failed to secure a place at Uni to study Midwifery :nope:, instead I had just been offered a job as a Neonatal Support Worker in a local hospital :thumbup:. Had no intention of planning for another baby :nope: (although had always regretted my sterilisation op).

Now I am in uni studying Midwifery (got a last minute offer from a uni that had originally rejected me) :happydance:. I have almost completed my first year and I love it :flower:. Me and DH also had THE conversation where he admitted that he too regretted the sterilization and so we recently decided to have the reversal and try for our last baby :cloud9:.

This time next year I hope to be about to complete my second year of uni and to have had my reversal operation and be getting myself in tip top condition for ttc around November time :thumbup:

Oh wow glad I found this thread again :)

It's been almost a year exactly since I posted, I am nearing the end of the second year of my degree (it's been quite a journey), and although I haven't had my reversal operation yet, I have an appt with the surgeon at the end of the month :)

Great thread :happydance:

This time last year I was battling through my supervised placement as a third year student nurse after the enormous relief of finally submitting my dissertation. I as a job waiting for me on the ward I was doing my supervised on so I was conscious of attempting to look like I wasn't falling apart with the stress of it all. Me and OH were hardly seeing each other as always working or studying and burning the candle at both ends. I was desperately broody which was demotivating and depressing me. OH was getting depressed as not working. I was fed up but holding on by my nails :wacko:

Right now I am a qualified nurse, survived the rocky first six months which either makes or breaks a new nurse, loving where I'm working! I'm organising my time better so spend as much of my time off with OH... who is now my hubby :happydance: OH not working still but started sounding more optimistic about the future. Still broody but not as desperately as before and with talks of starting a family slowly progressing I'm feeling hopeful :thumbup:

Last June we were struggling to come to terms with our son's additional needs. We've all come a long way since then.

It was also a lovely summer, our first in our new home. It's not so lovely outside right now!

It's only our son's issues that have been a massive change for us. Everything else has stayed the same, except our eldest dog passed away in April :cry:

One thing I did think last year was that we would be TTC or I'd be pregnant this year. The plan has changed and we are WTT until 2015 at least.

Well this has got me thinking.

This time last year I was engaged and we were living in a flat that was so expensive we were not saving anything. I worked at a hotel that was owned by a couple who had not long split up and it was a nightmare being the third person working between the two. They hated each other and would talk to me about the other one all the time. I was piggy in the middle :wacko:

We have now moved to a smaller and more basic flat which is cheaper and we are saving every month. We are now married and I work at a different place. It still has it's dramas but it's more comedy than crazy.

This time next year DH will hopefully have passed an exam for promotion and we will have just saved enough money to be able to start looking at houses :happydance:
I'd like to think that I was in the first trimester but if not then we would definitely be TTC for our first baked potato!

Well this was my quote from this time last year and I can happily say that we saved and saved and saved and we are now living in our first house. We're absolutely skint now but we're happy! :haha:

I still work at the new place I mentioned above and I'm very happy. DH passed his exam for promotion though he is yet to get a senior position and as you can see from my ticker we are baking our first potato.

It's been so lovely finding this thread. Don't get me wrong, it's not all been a bed of roses but we've knuckled down and we're finally making progress after years of WTT.

I'd recommend you all put down where you are now and look back on it in a years time. It will make for some good reflective reading :flower:

Oh I didn't say my 'this time next year'....I'd love to be coming to the end of my Mat Leave but TBH I'll probably have to be back at work a few months sooner. Maybe we'll be giving some thought as to when we should try for a sibling for our little Monkey.

Keep up the updates ladies x

Mo forgot to say what I hope for this time next year.

I hope to be nearing the end of my degree, with all the academic work done. I also hope to have a baby bump 😀

At this time last year...

I was 23 weeks pregnant with DS.

SIL was living with us and driving me absolutely bonkers.

I was excited for our first anniversary coming up that Father's Day.

I was working towards my medical billing and coding certificate.

I felt like I was in pregnancy limbo and couldn't wait to meet my son. I was so done with being pregnant, it was a very uncomfortable pregnancy the whole way through.

Our finances were awful and we were really worried about them.

At this time this year...

We have a beautiful DS that is crawling around and starting to talk.

SIL is no longer living with us and it's nice to have our home to ourselves again.

I'm excited for our 2nd anniversary in 3 more days.

I'm procrastinating on my medical billing and coding certification.

I'm feeling broody for #2 and hopeful that we'll be able to start trying when I'd like to after we get married next year.

Our finances still aren't great but they're getting on the right track. All of our credit cards are paid off, we're down to one car payment, and we're moving to a more affordable place at the end of July/start of August.

This time next year...

DS will be nearly 2 years old, walking and talking, and I will probably be impatient to be able to start potty training him, lol.

I hope to be married. If all goes according to plan, we will be. Our wedding date is June 6, 2015 and our deposit for our wedding package is paid and my dress is completely paid for.

I'll be excited to celebrate our 3rd anniversary as a married couple instead of an engaged one.

I hope to have finished my medical billing and coding certificate and at least have a part time job, from home if necessary.

I hope to have enough space for a second baby. Renting a 3 bedroom house would be nice.

I hope to have our debt mostly paid off if not all the way.

I hope to be full on TTC baby #2.

Last year at this time, I was beginning my last year of grad school and feeling like it would never end. OH was working and taking classes and we were saving for a house and planned to ttc in November.

Now, I have graduated, OH is still at his job (which he loves and never plans to leave) and taking courses for his license (a couple more years on it due to the on the job training required) and we are looking at homes to buy. We are going to start ttc in late July because of ins programs which pay out if we conceive after July.

Next year, we should be in a home, with a newborn or me being pregnant and continuing with our chosen careers!

Fun thread!

I last posted almost exactly a year ago. We have a 12 week old infant, having conceived in mid July. Unsurprisingly, we did not receive the ins payout :haha:

Oh and I purchased a home in Nov and we continue with the same jobs as before!

Very much and very little changed over the last year! A house purchase and a baby isn't much but is also everything!

One year from now, it is unlikely much will change for us in any big way! We are still riding out the changes from last year.

This time last year I had no plan or no idea I would be falling pregnant in a couple of months time. Or that in a years time I would be in a living hell having lost her.

I hope that in a years time I will have my rainbow baby, either in my arms or nearly due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->