-The DIY club-

Thank you, that has gone straight onto my favourite sells list! :thumbup:

i made a wrap lolit was easy. just fold over the edge and do a zig zag stitch lol. im going to fabric land tommrrow lol. ive given mysef a 30$ limit so im stuck with clearance fabrics and thankfullythey have a buy 1 meter get 2 free on fabrics right now lol

Our Fabricland had all kinds of good stuff on sale too :) I made a woven wrap for $10 a couple weeks ago :)
https://stilllearninglife.blogspot.com/2008/01/diy-hood-to-headrest-mei-tai-tutorial.html is a good mei tai pattern if you are looking for one :thumbup:

i made a wrap lolit was easy. just fold over the edge and do a zig zag stitch lol. im going to fabric land tommrrow lol. ive given mysef a 30$ limit so im stuck with clearance fabrics and thankfullythey have a buy 1 meter get 2 free on fabrics right now lol

Our Fabricland had all kinds of good stuff on sale too :) I made a woven wrap for $10 a couple weeks ago :)
https://stilllearninglife.blogspot.com/2008/01/diy-hood-to-headrest-mei-tai-tutorial.html is a good mei tai pattern if you are looking for one :thumbup:

the hood confuses me on that one lol. im thinking all use my bouncy chair as the template lol. then cut down the top edge abit and put some interfacing in to make it like stand up a bit better hmm ive looke at so many patterns. its all in my head on how im going to like combine them and make something hopefully awesum lol

Howdy girlies! How are we all!
I've bought a few bits of fabric and a fabby pattern for making my own nappies and wondered what you thought..
I've got some polar fleece, waterproof nylon and cotton terry. I was thinking of doing cotton terry inner, covered with nylon then covered with polar fleece...as a kind of all in one nappy. Do you think this would work?
I bought the darling diapers pattern so its has loads of choices and really detailed instructions on how to make (89 pages long lol) nappies.

wow 89 pages x i've made my bib and was pleased i've got some new fabric and fleece toda so will do one soon x here is one i did the other day.

Attachments

• 06062010393.jpg
    06062010393.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 06062010395.jpg
    06062010395.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8

the hood confuses me on that one lol. im thinking all use my bouncy chair as the template lol. then cut down the top edge abit and put some interfacing in to make it like stand up a bit better hmm ive looke at so many patterns. its all in my head on how im going to like combine them and make something hopefully awesum lol

lol, yeah, the hood took me a while to figure out- not babybrain-friendly! I used our Baby Hawk as a template for one of our Mei Tais- I'm sure the bouncy chair would work too! Whatever works :thumbup: Did you manage to find anything good at Fabricland? I've been eyeing a canvas-type material that looks like it's camo but it's actually butterflies- if I'm going to buy it, I should probably do it while they still have the buy 1 get 2 free :shrug:

I've just made a load of double sided reusable wipes so far xx

Now my charger has arrived im making more nappies today... making a fitted one today as only made pockets before!

So....I just watched a tutorial thing. Am I right in thinking that you can use ordinary fleece as a wrap with no extra waterproof stuff? xx

Yep, you can :) Fleece sometimes has problems with compression wicking with smaller babies though (not mobile yet, so sitting in the same spot all the time). Not my favourite wraps but definitely an easy place to start if you're getting started :)

Yea you can hun.. i love my fleece wraps... we dont have a prob with wicking but logan moves about constantly!

Oooh I learnt something new today :)

I just watched a tutorial and now it looks so easy to make a nappy. I wanna have a go right now. In fact...I think I will.

I'll have no towels left in the house at this rate :rofl: xx

HAHAHAHA ive ran outta fleece blankets :haha:

Im sure youre not hun! Whats up?

i cannot find snap pliers anywhere!!! only the indsutrial one, and i dont think i will be making thaaat many nappies!

Have you looked at the Cropodile? It is a card making tool for insetrting eyelets, but I *think* it can put in poppers too... I got one on ebay ages ago for less than £20 :shrug:

yep i got fabric!! all out door fabrics so they are really sturdy lol. i got green for the straps its kind of like a canvas backpack strap matterial, then polar fleece to line the inside and out door lkike furtanture fabric that has big colourful circles :)

i made a tutu! it was surprisly easy and only cost me $2

Attachments

• p_00020.jpg
    p_00020.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 12
ooh very cute! i want to make leyla a tutu and have got material sat waiting but i want her to be walking first so she doesnt have all that tulle under her bum lol

anyways, i think you all know that i make my own stuff haha, i go on about it often enough, i make nappies, wipes, wraps, baby clothes, i made paul some jama bottoms for xmas and leyla a matching nappy hehe, its mint, i love it, i have made tons, i cant even remember it all now haha

x

im not even sure if it was actaul tulle that i got lol. it was a random weird fabric on clearance it just said assortd fibars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->