-The DIY club-

does anyone one know where i could find a pattern for some pjs x

I made my own nappy! I've even indulged in a whole thread about it! :haha:

I'm going to make some resueable wipes too - but what solution could I use with them?? hmmm....any suggestion?

i made a mei tai! broke like 3 needles and need to finish the decrotive stiching but look!!

Attachments

• p_00032.jpg
    p_00032.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 13
  • p_00033.jpg
    p_00033.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 14
ooh fab kiwi! looks great! was it difficult? How much fabric did you need? I'd like to make one but it seems like a lot of effort. I like small things lol

kiwi they are really good.
I am thinking i might start a batch of nappies. i am hopefulyy ttc december so if i start some now i will have a pile. oh isnt keen on them but im thinking im the one who will changes him/her the most and be with him/her the most so i migght as well give it a try xx

mei tais are so easy, its all rectangles, you just sew one big rectangle for the body then a few narrower ones for the straps

x

I've had a really rotten couple of weeks with LO (teething, reflux, growth spurt) so havent got much done at all. Touch wood, the last day or so, she seems to have settled & I've been getting busy on the sewing machine once she's gone to bed. I've made some washable wipes with microfibre on one side & suedecloth on the other & almost finished the nappy I started before LO went all clingy. Its a bit wonky but not bad for a first attempt. I cant wait to try it on her tomorrow & see if it works.

Purple kiwi, that mei tai looks fab. A mei tai is next on my list of to-dos. I have one already but could do with a spare for the car.

it was easy for the most part. as said its basically all rectangles. but i wanted a curved top so i could fold itwhen shes awake and put it up when shes sleeping but that was ok.. then i wanted padded straps and i used this craft foam which was a pain and i used 3 meters for the straps seems like alot but i cut a bit off and the body was 1 meter of canvas stuff i cut two one for the middle one for the outside and then 1 meter of fleece for the inside. but in the end it was ok lol. here it is with all its finishs edges and everything.

Attachments

• p_00035.jpg
    p_00035.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 12
  • p_00034.jpg
    p_00034.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 13
i padded mine with fleece, one layer cotton, one layer fleece, with the fleece as the bit next to the baby, then the straps, two layers of cotton with one layer of fleece inside, couldve done with making my body rectangle a bit longer because now its a bit short now shes bigger lol

on a side note, i dyed loads of nappies black haha, they are in my wash now just finishing off their second wash, cant wait to see what they look like, my auntie thinks im mad haha, which is quite surprising tbh as she knows what me and my OH are like, i wouldve thought shed expect it tbh lmao

x

i padded mine with fleece, one layer cotton, one layer fleece, with the fleece as the bit next to the baby, then the straps, two layers of cotton with one layer of fleece inside, couldve done with making my body rectangle a bit longer because now its a bit short now shes bigger lol

on a side note, i dyed loads of nappies black haha, they are in my wash now just finishing off their second wash, cant wait to see what they look like, my auntie thinks im mad haha, which is quite surprising tbh as she knows what me and my OH are like, i wouldve thought shed expect it tbh lmao

x

OOh I was thinking about dying mine ugly ones but thought that the dye might stop then being absorbant?? Can't wait to find out how your turn out!

they are just as absorbant but then i only dyed my motherease fitteds so they werent that absorbant in the first place lmao, i have 4 hot pink ones and just did 5 black but they turned out navy blue so need to do them again, i put too many in :blush:

x

Ooooh Im obsessed with making nappies now. I got my minkee pul and print pul today so made a print pul nappy to go with my two pink fleece nappies. (one poo covered and in wash so not in pic lol)
I can't wait to make my minkee nappy now but I want to perfect my stitching first and maybe try some snap fasteners as my Velcro stitching is a bit pants.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs509.ash1/30082_10150200090925346_568215345_12487062_1749670_n.jpg

Excuse my fabric cutting mat (ahem yoga mat lol) covered in off cuts!
How do you manage to cut fabric tidy? I cant seem to get it right so cut it big and trim it once sewn!

Gills - wow, well done!!!

Ok, does anyone know the best (cheapest :D) place to buy some PUL from for making my first nappy?? Cant afford to spend loads. What fleece to you all use for the inners? Is it a case of just a cheapo fleece blanket hacked up?

And, does anyone have a step by step guide to doing the leg elastic? Thats the bit that worries me the most lol.

thankyou x

i dont have any PUL yet as i dont wanna butcher somthing so expensive lol i got this weird water proff stuff that was on sale lol. i think its normaly used for outdoor furniture lol im pretty sure it should be ok as long as i air dry them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->