-The DIY club-

Ive used various waterproof materials my local shop sells. So far best one is kinda like shower curtain material and it works great!!

My pul cost £3 for a piece big enough to do two nappies so wasn't too dear. Its sold by the nappy cut. I can also manage a couple of small wipes/breast pads out of the cut offs too. I got it from pocket bots.
I have used some waterproof nylon in my pink fleece nappies and it works fine too. It was £2.95 a metre but is slightly more stiff than the pul so I used it between layers (fleece outer, nylon, then terry inner. I wasn't too trusting of just fleece as a waterproof lol.

I cant wait for payday to buy more pul and minkee pul! Haven't used my minkee pul yet - too scared cos its gorgeous and I dont want to screw it up lol.

fleece as a waterproof is much better when babies are mobile

x

Thanks! I venture into fleece outers only once she's walking. She sits on her bum all day - only 4 months old.

Anyone know how best to stich fold over elastic? I think I'm going to use my minkee to make wraps for all these terries I got off freecycle. I like using free stuff but the wraps I've got are ugly! lol. I want pretty bums!

Also - I was having a random brain wave last night as I couldn't sleep and thought that I might make a wrap with a built in skirt?! I was thinking of having almost a "wrap over" skirt that attached to the top edges of the wrap from tab round to back to tab...do you think this would work? hmmm...?

Another thing - god my brain hurts with all this thinking! Where can I get snap fasteners and how to I attached them? Velcro is a bit of a pest to sew and I'm pants at it!

Here you go hun :)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Size-16-20-2...m&pt=UK_Crafts_Buttons_EH&hash=item3cad493903

im not sure about the skirtie idea, it would work with pull on pants but not sure how it would work with tabs really?

x

well i am thinking of buying a few re-useable nappies then take the template from that. I think oh has come round to the idea. I think i will get a stash made slowly xx

Rubbish drawing but I was thinking....the red bit being the skirt sewn on to the wrap top seem from the left tab edge to the right tab edge with the purple bit being an extension of the skirt with its own velcro/snap fastener to cross over the first red bit. hmmm...my drawing really is pants! :haha:

I might do a mock up in some old bed sheet fabric and see if I can actually do what I mean lol.

That is along with:

1. night time crop top bra made of fleece and pul so I don't have to wear a bra and breast pads. I've 34H/I boobs so custom in the only way!
2. pretty reusable breast pads
3. minkee wraps
4. fleece day nappies (the ones ive already made are rather bulky so night time nappies)
5. Babylegs (if i can figure out how the hell to make them)
6. Changing bag ( I've a boring cheapo mothercare one just now)
7. Tops to match Babylegs
8. wet bags to match changing bag/nappies
9. reusable wipes from nappy making debris.

hmmm - maybe I have too many projects! lol

Attachments

• nappywrap skirt.jpg
    nappywrap skirt.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 3
I just made a fleece soaker, out on old cream fleece I'd put in the charity bag :D It's not perfect. but better than I imagined, I'm well pleased with myself.:)

Pic caz!! Well done! It get easy once you've done it a couple of times! lol

Think I might have found a shop selling cheap PUL at only 4.99 a metre. I havent ordered any as I just bought a couple of metres from minky so I dont know if its any good but thought I'd post the link in case anyone wants to try it
https://www.fabricuk.com/fabrics.php?fabric_type=220

I saw that too cath but I wasnt sure is PU is the same as PUL??

polyurethane laminated is pul

so pu wouldnt be laminated?? not sure if i would be the same tbh, but am tempted to get a sample just to see

x

i made a diaper! no leaks or anything so far. i need to make it bigger and work on putting my elastic in a bit better.

Attachments

• p_00047.jpg
    p_00047.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 29
  • p_00048.jpg
    p_00048.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 26
Great job Kiwi!

I think my next project is going to be a nappy-free mat- something big, absorbant and waterproof to protect the carpet since Emma crawls off the prefold I usually sit her on now.

haha i dont even add things to my list anymore, theres far too much on there already lmfao

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"