the duggars

coccyx

Reaction score
my children love watching '17 kids and counting' Does anyone know what religion they are

They are Independent Baptists. The Duggars also are associated with a Conservative Christian movement called Quiverfull. Quiverfull families try to have as many children as possible and do not use any birth control.They just have as many children as "God intends them to have."

i find them interesting,sooo organised. does mum ever get cross.

the mum never gets cross and is soooo organised its amazing !

she should write abook!!!!!!!

just seen baby 19 is on the way

I think my OH wants to be a Quiverfull. lol. If I had millions I think I probably would have as many as I could.

ive just started watching this and i cant believe how well mannered their children are if that was me i would be having a nervous breakdown and the kids would be swinging from the roof. i love their house its like a hotel!!

Think they are home schooled. Seem great kids

I love the Duggars... I think their children are so well behaved and lovely. They are all so helpful. My mom doesn't think that it's right for the older children to have to help raise the rest of the children, but it works for them! :thumbup:

its interesting...but..no physical interaction except hand holding until marriage!!!

the thought makes me want to cry! i can barely go a day without sex, lol. :blush: but okay if i thought about it maybe every other day, but to go without kissing?! kissing my OH is one of my favourite things ever (sounds childish, lol)

each to their own i guess? *still shuddering at the thought of no physical interaction*

I am bothered by the lack of choice such strict religious dogma offers the children, particularly the girls. I also bet you any money that the Duggars have an iron-clad editing clause in their TLC contract. So of course you are only going to see a perfect family. I don't think there's all that much reality in reality TV.

^^ good point Sarah :thumbup: I'm one of those guillable people that never remembers things like that

I love their show, I'm sure we don't see everything, with that many kids she has to loose her temper at some point, but I think the important thing is they all seem very happy, healthy, very smart and well adjusted. Like their oldest that has moved out owns his own business already, has a house, wife, child...productive member of society you know? I love the Duggars lol, I wish I was so organized

she should write abook!!!!!!!

They do have a book! Not sure what it's called though!

I have to agree with Sarah though. They are obviously a wonderful family but nobody's perfect.. so they must be editing something out or something! And the oldest boy took an online training certificate or something and has a business.. what's their oldest daughter doing?? Waiting for a man to find her and marry her?? :shrug:

Did everyone hear, they delivered baby number 19. She wasn't due until March but had her already. She is 1lb 6oz and obviously in the NICU but stable right now. I hope all is ok and the baby and mom are really fine

I would be scared to have that many babies, just for that reason. After so many pregnancies, there is bound to be complications eventually. I hope the baby is okay though.

Oh I didn't hear about that! I agree with Rae, I'd be worried about something happening after so many children.. I just googled apparently she was born at 25 weeks!

My thoughts are with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->