The Dukan Diet

Kymmers

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am a first-time dieter and I'm starting the Dukan Diet this coming Monday. I just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience of this diet or knew anyone who had? I'm avidly reading the book in preperation and have been out today and bought myself a kitchen scales and also a weight scales so I can see the results (if there are any of course!)

I'm actually really looking forward to this diet but as I haven't ever dieted before I don't know what I'm letting myself in for! I am aiming to lose around 3 stone but would be happy with 2 and a dress size!

Kym xXx

Dukan Diet...
Well I have not done that but I HAVE done the atkins diet which WAS a huge success
I went from 200 to 126 in about a year. Problem is i went crazy when i went off the diet had a carb fest and gained it all back (not right away but withing a few years)
The problem with diets like this is that they are not diet but lifestyle choices you must commit because if you go off you WILL gain it back.
I have read about the Dukan Diet and i find that it is more strict with food then atkins which when you restrict more yo are LESS likely to succeed

Anyway if you just want to lose the weight i dont suggest the Dukan diet or the atkins diet they will help you lose and you will lose FAST but you must stick to it as a lifestyle
good luck

Thanks, I lost 8lbs in my first week and I don't feel too restricted. I bought the recipe book with it and have been doing a lot of cooking and have learnt some great tricks to get things tasting better!

Looks like I may have found the diet that is for me :) xXx

My MIL swears by it, she has lost almost a stone (in 6 weeks)

I did this some time ago iam starting it agane today as iam sick of seein my weight go up.

there is 2 books you can get or you can pt in dukan diet on the net and it will bring loads up about it.

I stated out good yesterday untill dinner time when i had a slice of bread and then didnt have any meat in for tea so had chicken noodle soup try agane today. Iam going to do this.

My sister and I are going to start the Dukan diet tmo...hopefully it works...my OH is going away on a business trip and I'm hoping to look like a new person when he gets back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->