The F word

Layla

Reaction score
Does anyone watch this?

Last night Janet picked out a horse to be killed then had it sent to her so she could cook it, aperently its really good for you...

Opinions?

xx

yeah i anjoy watching this, i've never tried horse meat, but i would if offered.
But i couldn't eat it if i had to pick the horse to be killed:cry:

It said that it showed a difficult lambing... must admit to seeing worse lambings than that!

I quite like Gordon - he's a bit of a prick at time but he is very passionate with his food - prefer him to Jamie Oliver.

Made me feel ill,so glad Chloe didnt watch as she horse rides and this would have destroyed her.

But surely where does it stop? Will we be saying yes to dog and cat? Fried Rhino and Zebra?

Each to their own but I wouldnt bloody eat it,but then I see horses as pets,can not imagine Chloe eating her horses,would save on livery tho
Bex.x

Dogs and guinea pigs, are eaten i many countries.

I think its the same as any meat.

I agree with how he is wanting his kids to know all the facts about food and where it comes from, and not wanting them to be softies.

I'm fine with eating various and different meats, but couldn't choose an animal to eat!

I think that meats meat, rhino is different as they are so endangered but if people wanted to eat dog then I wouldn't have an issue. The only issue I have is if the animal is treated cruelly.

I too want Seren knowing where meat comes from, I really admire Gordon Ramsey for doing that with his children.

it'll be hamster kebabs and parrots in curry next,work out expensive though.

it'll be hamster kebabs and parrots in curry next.

Are you veggie by any chance?

Different cultures will eat different meat, animals are food and thats that.
I agree with Beanie though all animals should be treated with respect if they are for meat, I watched Gordon in the last series when he showed how his
pigs were slaughtered, i was slightly concerned about watching it but i did out of interest and i found all the process very humane and respectful (probably for the telly) but even Gordon was in tears!

I know its difficult when you see animals as pets, but you also have to have some perspective(sp) on things

People eat, Guinea pigs, rabbits, zebra, horse, kangaroo, ostrich, shark, lambs, cows, calves etc etc the list goes on.

I was only mucking about I am not vege and I have a funny sense of humour so just ignore me. I have wrung chickens necks so have no issue with eating/killing animals. Just cant get my head round horses/cats/dogs
I mean where does one draw the line with eating what animals thats all. All I meant was I wouldnt eat horse but would try Tarantula's legs as they are supposed to be lovely.

Some cultures they eat HUMANS eek now I have heard it tastes like pork (?)
Bex.x

I have wrung chickens necks so have no issue with eating/killing animals.

but would try Tarantula's legs as they are supposed to be lovley

No i couldn't wring Chickens necks:cry: your better than me on that one, though i've put many animals down with chemical injection.

no way on earth would you get me eating taratulas legs :puke: i dont DO spiders in anyway or form!

i agree with the fact that i could and would try any type of meat, even horse meat and i used to keep horses, but there is no way i could pick it out and watch it being killed, thats just horrible.

We always tell the kids what meat they are eating and give them what ever answers to questios they might ask.

x

I have eaten kangeroo, crocodile, shark and swordfish. Not eaten horse or guineapig yet, though one of mine is a right podge ;)

Cool!
I love guinea pigs as pets but Rats are the best!

I have had zebra, ostrich, wildebeast and springbok, all of which were delicious.

ive had it my family is german so it was horse meat salami all round lol, i find it kinda peppery but its nice

ew eww ew. i wont eat anything out of the ordinary and try to ignore the fact that meat=animals. i wont eat rabbit or frogs legs, if chicken is with a heart or anything like that i wont go near it. i even cried when i was cutting a calamari for dinner...
im a hypocrite though. i trully wish people would stop eating animals...and i would do. i was vegetarian for 1-2 years because one day i saw my cat eating something and got very close to see what it was as it looked like a bit of meat and it was a small cats paw!! i was angry at my cat then realised im not different than him...

OMG where did you find this thread?
was first posted May 2007!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->