The final pill check

Jenpops

Reaction score
I just picked up my prescription yesterday...

A years worth of loestrin 20, my final pill check before I am finally off the pill

I have a month left so I have 13 strips of loestrin to get through before then but what an amazing feeling having something physical to countdown before WTT!:happydance:

When I was gloating to my husband about this he said, "I hope that's on repeat" but he was just winding me up.

Just one year to...
1. Lose the two stone I have put on with being on the pill since my wedding last year
2. Pay off a silly loan we took out and stop using our credit cards
3. Pass my exam for work
4. Finally learn how to keep my house tidy! Does anyone else struggle with that?
5. DH to lose as much weight as possible, he is on the 5-2 diet which makes him miserable 2 days a week but he is losing 2 lbs a week without much struggle and if he keeps that up he can lose a heap of weight gradually by next year!!!

It's all so exciting :thumbup:

Congrats on being so close to finishing the pill :flower:

I got my last prescription for the pill two weeks ago. It was exciting! Pill prescriptions last for 9 months here so I have 8 and a half pill strips to go before I'm off it! During that countdown I will be doing the final year of my masters and we will hopefully work out where we are moving next (my boyfriends job contract expires August next year so we are moving countries afterwards).

Hope your husband goes well on the 5-2 diet. My parents started doing it (my mum has become a bit obsessed with her weight since she lost a lot of weight) so I decided to see if I could do it as an experiment. Bad idea! Headaches and an angry/upset me was the result and as I have no weight to lose I decided to quit the experiment. I've heard it works so well for many people though :flower:

i was excited when i thoguh i had my last prescrpition but cercumstances have ment we have to push it back a bit further, so the next one really should be it - its a nice count down seeing less strips in the box each month

I'm on my last strip now and it's a bit scary! Makes it seem so much more real when you know there won't be any more pill until after you've given birth.

Oh and I still don't know how to keep my house tidy!

I struggle with keeping the house tidy, too. We try to have family or friends over at least once a week which forces us to clean. :)
Congrats on coming off of the pill! Sooo exciting! 5 months until I come off of the ring... can't wait. I bet you're so ready!

Ahh sorry I think I've made this post dreadfully unclear! :blush:

I have until December 2014 before TTC, so I have 13months of the pill to take but I now physically have 13strips of pill to take before finally getting off it, which is sadly very exciting for me!

Thanks Wombat1, I don't think he is doing the 'actual diet' he is a man of very simple tastes so he is just reducing his cal intake to 500cals 2 days pw. When doing previous diets he has long a stone very quickly and then fallen off it so I'm happy with the slower pace. However it's a diet day today and I am STARVING! All the best with your masters, as people will be constantly reminding you it's the best time to do it! Before your life will go crazy with a little bundle to care for.

And button# I'm so excited for you!! Slightly jealous ;) all the best with your trying, hope you have a lovely little bambino next year :thumbup:

Ohh springermommy are you on nuvaring? I researched that quite a bit but decided to go on the pill...maybe once I have family ill look into it again, have you had any problems with it?

At my work we have to put our holidays in a year in advance so I am picking my holidays for next year and have just put in for a week in December 2014 for a little babymaking holiday in Paris!!! I am Sooo much more excited than my husband about this!

Ohh springermommy are you on nuvaring? I researched that quite a bit but decided to go on the pill...maybe once I have family ill look into it again, have you had any problems with it?

I've been on it about 6 years. There have been a handful of times when I've had some random breakthrough bleeding. Some moodiness when it gets towards the end of the 3 weeks you're supposed to keep the ring in.
I was on the pill before and had a lot of bad symptoms, so for the most part, I haven't minded the ring.

I had a baby making holiday in Paris as well when we started TTC number 1 but it was Disneyland Paris!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->