The funniest thing just happened... and I couldn't laugh

JayDee

Sunshine and rainbow
Reaction score
How weird is this.....

Just speaking to a collegue at work, who said he'd seen someone who was my double at the weekend, only reason he realised it wasn't me was because she was heavily pregnant.

He also said "Well, I can quite clearly see that you're not pregnant"... how little does he know.

He then also said "Maybe it's a sign of things to come, you'd better watch out!" (in a nice jokey way) - I promised to be careful and smiled to myself as I walked away..... :laugh2:

Ha ha ha fantastic! Then when he DOES find out, he will think he is the Mesiah or something!! Bless him!

I know! I will also try and remind him of said conversation and point out that I'm obviously a convincing liar.... (or is that a bad thing for a collegue to know?)

Actually, I went in for a job interview and was asked if I was pregnant because I keep wearing those maternity like tank tops that are tight on the bust and loose on the tummy (I'm self conscious). I told the manager "no" and was hired on the spot. I dug myself a pretty deep hole, haha. I have NO clue how I am going to tell him! But your coworker seeing the other woman is crazy and creepy at the same time. Good luck with telling him about your pregnancy, I am sure the conversation would be a hoot to hear. :D

I guess you could always pull the "I didn't find out till really late" one? Start talking women's things and hope that puts them off asking anything else.

It doesn't matter too much about telling that collegue that I'm pregnant cos, if anything, I'm more senior than him. It'll be the bosses that'll be the problem, but they all have kids already (stay at home wives apart from one who works elsewhere in the company) so hopefully it'll be ok.

Yeah I plan on telling my manager that. Hopefully our bosses will be understanding about it. I know I am super nervous to tell him but I can't hide my pregnancy forever. I'm already desperate for my baby bump as it is! :smug:

I'm sure it'll be ok, at the end of the day they can't prove that you lied can they (unless they can access your medical records or something random that there is no way they would be allowed to do in England).

If I recall correctly you guys don't get lots of maternity leave anyway do you (we can have up to a year in UK) or are you planning on quitting once baby is born?

Actually, I went in for a job interview and was asked if I was pregnant because I keep wearing those maternity like tank tops that are tight on the bust and loose on the tummy (I'm self conscious). I told the manager "no" and was hired on the spot. I dug myself a pretty deep hole, haha. I have NO clue how I am going to tell him! But your coworker seeing the other woman is crazy and creepy at the same time. Good luck with telling him about your pregnancy, I am sure the conversation would be a hoot to hear. :D

It's usually not legal for them to have even asked that; I am also in Florida, and our HR has very strict guidelines about the legality of which questions we could ask at a job interview, and asking if someone is pregnant is a very big problem.

It is definately illegal for them to ask that!! It's also illegal to ask if you're planning on having children at anytime!!!! So your manager could be in hot hot water.....So don't worry about telling him!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->