The "Get Over It!" thread

Luvmysunshine

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can vent about stupid things other people say/do and tell them to "Get Over It!" I'll start.

To my grandparents: no I will not give him table food. He's six months old and has no teeth! Stop insisting. Get Over It!!!!

To my friend with a baby the same age: no I'm not breastfeeding anymore. He's just as happy with formula and is healthy and exactly the weight he should be. You're not better than me just because you're still bfing. Stop insisting I try again. Get Over It!

Oh another one.

To my grandma: stop criticizing how I dress my son. He is not freezing or even cold. He doesn't need to be covered head to toe at all times everyday. It annoys me how you insist that I'm not dressing him properly and you always try to act like you're just playing about it. He's my baby and I would never do any harm to him. He's not freezing, especially when it's 78 degrees in your house. Get Over It!!!!

Ooooh this thread is just what I need right now.

To the in-laws (aargh) yes I am still giving my baby my breastmilk, she has only just turned 6 months and I will continue to do so right through the weaning process and hopefully until she is one so stop making silly remarks like "you cant keep feeding her milk to save money"!? and I dont care that they have special offers on jars of babyfood bla bla bla as my hubby loves cooking and is excited about making our little girl's food fresh so we dont care if they are organic, they are there if we need them for convenience and yes we are taking the weaning slowly, she is still just on baby rice in week 2 get over it, stop putting your eaten apple in her mouth to taste and we will not be giving her yoghurt next week or juice.

Oh that felt good, thank you x

Oh and stop telling everybody she is your baby.

Love it!
To MIL, quit asking me if ive been putting baby lotion on the baby! Ive got very sensitive skin and eczema. I dont want to put frangranced lotion on LO three times a day!

To my MIL and GIL: STOP touching, kissing, talking to him, shoving your face in his when he is feeding. It distracts him and he refuses his milk!

Keep them coming ladies. I feel better reading everyone's replies knowing I'm not the only one who's driven crazy by family and friends.

every1 stop callin my baby, your baby, did u give birth to him.. NO.

my dads gf wen i ring my dad dont get my dad to ask how your baby is doin? MY baby is just fine.

i know ppl dont mean in nasty but yes it bugs me

Sil-stop looking at me like I'm a freak when I tell u Lola is going through the 4 month sleep regression,u never noticed urs as they aways slept baby but Lola was sttn so I've noticed....get over it,it does exsist xx

MiL & SiL: Me and OH are not ready and do NOT want another baby until DS is at least 3-4. Yes you want another grandchild/neice/nephew but your NOT getting it from us so GET OVER IT.

My ex: We split up over 2 and a half ago, we were broke up for 13 weeks before me and OH got together so quit telling people I cheated on you and stop being so childish and slagging off my family. GET OVER IT it's been 2 years for God sake!

OH: I have a best friend who I talk to about things I don't feel comfortable talking to you about, GET OVER IT doesn't mean I don't love you!

Thats it for now lol.

Oooosh I need this.

Friends; stop telling me to message you when I'm free for you to come up. Like ill remember to message everybody in my phonebook with a time and date with a 12 day old LO. Do us a favour and just let me know when your free instead of leaving it upto me to schedule 'appointments!!'

People who knew me from school who have also had children: just because we both share something in common now doesn't mean I'm your friend. I am not your friend, I never was.

MIL: stop saying 'my' Lola. She's not yours. Stop telling me that her crying 'isn't right'. She's a baby, we've only just come home from hospital, she's still settling her colicy butt in. When I've put her down to sleep in the evening when she hasn't slept all night or day, do not come in and poke her. Leave her alone, even if you want cuddles, wait, mummy and baby need sleep at some point. Stop not letting me do things, I am very grateful for the food you have brought around and the washing your doing for us, but when I'm in my own home and I want to do the washing up, don't force me to sit back down again. I want to wash my plate because it would be nice to do something other than feed, burp and change my daughter. Getting off the couch at some point in my life would be nice. Stop telling us that 'maybe breastfeeding isn't the best thing for us.'
We might get no sleep, it may be hard, but its the best thing for HER.

Dad: stop telling people to 'just pop around'. We'd like to know when family are planning a visit thank you!!

OH: stop huffing in the middle of the night when she wants a feed, or needs her nappy changing or has a winge. She's a baby for frig's sake.

..... Rant over. Get over it!

There's already a thread like this - 'things I cannot say out loud'....

To my parents and in-laws: I know she has a bit of a flat spot! She STTN during the 2nd month - we've been over this many times already! She gets tons of tummy time and doesn't spend the day on her back. Her dr said it would self-correct in months 9-12. Enough already!

every1 stop callin my baby, your baby, did u give birth to him.. NO.

my dads gf wen i ring my dad dont get my dad to ask how your baby is doin? MY baby is just fine.

i know ppl dont mean in nasty but yes it bugs me

Aaargh I know what you mean, mil tells everybody it's her baby, I don't know why I get so annoyed by this lol. x

Inlaws (soon to be ex) - Try and tell your son to give me less money for my children?! Thats great parenting. Well done =D>

To everyone that touches LO's hair and pushes it to one side saying 'he looks so much cooler with it like that!' I didn't bath my son and brush his hair for you to go touching it with your disgusting greasy hands that you've just cooked with or had a fag with!!!!!

Oh and please STOP blowing in my babys face just to see him pull a funny face because he doesnt like it!!! Again, especially those who have just had a fag!!!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

To MIL who says things to LO like 'oooh are you going to stay with grandma tonight and sleep aaaall night for me?' NO, hes not staying with you tonight and what makes you think he'll sleep all night for you if he rarely does for me and OH.. Jeeez.

Ahhh feel much better now :winkwink:

To my grandparents: I don't have to come visit you everyday, you know where I live ! You can visit us sometimes!

To my dad: I might not be made of money but I'm sick to death of hearing you don't have the money for this or that. It's MY money I have worked and paid my tax. I always make sure my son never goes without anything so if I want to go buy a new pram I WILL

To most everyone: Stop being grouchy and taking it personally because LO doesn't want to look at you or talk to you and stop making remarks that he doesn't like you anymore. He's entitled to his personal space even if you can't understand that. And stop repeatedly force your face directly into his view when he turns to look away. How would you feel if you want to be alone and someone keeps forcing their company on you? That's a pretty big hint to stop thinking about yourself all the time. Get the eff over it!

To my ex - oh you cant afford the measley £7.43 a week maintenance for your daughter can you not?????? So why the hoojiflippetyfuck did you get your girlfriend pregnant (planned) when supposedly you cant even afford toilet roll. GET OVER YOUSRELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->