The Great Farleys Rusk debate!!! - good or bad

Hmmm rusks.....

In moderation, perfectly fine imo.

I would say they were fine in moderation, I have the reduced sugar ones for my lo but haven't used them yet xxx

I've got some, LO has half of one occasionally. All in moderation.

On a similar subject, I found out that Petit Filous has a ridiculous amount of sugar in it too.. something like 2.5 tsp of unrefined sugar in each little 50g pot apparently (I haven't checked that fact for myself, so don't quote me on it)

It's very hard to vet EVERYTHING your child gets so its like everything else - she has them, but in moderation.

I don't give them. The amount of sugar in them is shocking. Definitely a no no in this house. Anything with that much sugar in doesn't need to be given to babies!

I brought a packet for DD1 when she was weaning she didn't really like them so me and OH ended up eating them I don't see anything wrong with them in moderation just like everything

I haven't given Ashley any, he's happy with fruit and rice crackers. They're too high in sugar for babies in my opinion and I'd only eat the whole pack anyway!

Sounds like the adults love the rusks more than the babies :rofl:

Sounds like the adults love the rusks more than the babies :rofl:

My mum said to me when he was about a month old when am I getting some rusks. When I gave her a look she said oh not for the baby, I mean for us!

I cant wait until my daughter is old enough to have them! Perfectly fine imo - after all, they are made for babies!:thumbup:

I don't give them to my LO. I'm not averse to occasional treats but I give him what we have generally so as we don't eat them they're not there for him heehee.

DH and I eat paleo and don't eat refined sugar so it's unlikely that he'll have them.

Well I was of the "rusks are the root of all evil" camp and I've done a complete 180! My thinking was, that you have one chance to get baby's love for food right and I didn't want to include anything sugary in her diet at all!

However, my lo eats 7 portions of fruit and veg day. Eats brown rice, pastas, potatoes, fish, and loves everything. Her appetite is insatiable! And I'm also terrified of her choking and was looking for more melt in the mouth foods for her to practise with. So when she took unwell a few weeks ago and my mil brought in rusks to try getting her to eat something I thought what the hell.

So I'm all for them now. She has a wee quarter every couple of days in amongst her varied and extremely healthy diet (sometimes you can have too many veggies, ya know?) and therefore I have absolutely no problems with them (in moderation) x

HV told me to avoid them but LO has still been given a few times to gnaw on with the teething since she has no patience with teething rings. Doubt it's affected her in any way tbh

Would you happily give your LO something else that was 30% sugar?

My girls have never had them. Might as well save my money and give them digestives they have less sugar in

Woah, that's crazy! Do they go hyper after that? I've got a bit longer of just milk so haven't even thought about it yet. I think until they're old enough to know what treats are I will probably avoid it, so hard to strike that balance between giving the treats too often or banning them completely so they're obsessed by them.

Nutritional content of the back of one of our old packs of rusks (was discussing this in the weaning section recently!). As I said before I don't give them to my daughter anymore after doing my own research. But since they are almost a third sugar, probably best for an occasional treat :)

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/72BD8697-CD17-4712-B4EE-2986290A1BB4-2793-000002F09CDD419E.jpg

I really like rusks myself - guilty pleasure! I've actually had to eat them recently after getting teeth out and unable to eat solids! However, I wouldn't even contemplate giving them to LO. As others have said, I wouldn't give him a choc biscuit (that has less sugar in!) So why would I give him a rusk? Nor am I in the occasional treat camp as I don't think babies need sugary treats and it's not a habit I personally want to encourage (seeing junk food as a treat). When he's a bit older, yes, things in moderation, but when so little there just isn't a need for it imo. I was weaned on them and now have an incredibly sweet tooth, dunno if there's a link but don't want to take the risk!

Nutritional content of the back of one of our old packs of rusks (was discussing this in the weaning section recently!). As I said before I don't give them to my daughter anymore after doing my own research. But since they are almost a third sugar, probably best for an occasional treat :)

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/72BD8697-CD17-4712-B4EE-2986290A1BB4-2793-000002F09CDD419E.jpg

We don't have this in the US and don't know what's equivalent to it over here. Thanks for sharing the nutritional value, I was wondering about it. What's in the ingredients? That's the part I am interested to know. Is there any way you could snap a photo of the ingredient?

We don't have this in the US and don't know what's equivalent to it over here. Thanks for sharing the nutritional value, I was wondering about it. What's in the ingredients? That's the part I am interested to know. Is there any way you could snap a photo of the ingredient?

Sure. Here is the ingredients list :)

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/2D7BB466-3F08-4EC2-9E43-1F39F2A5B978-9418-00000AC2F957109E.jpg

How is it that these are marketed from 4 months yet ave gluten in. Goes to show companys dont give a crap about our babies, all they care about is making money off us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->