The Horse Group

Jazzy, what are their stats and would you consider loaning them? *hint hint* LOL

I did have a horse. 5 year 16.2hh bay IDx gelding. He was my dream horse, but I had to sell him when I was 20 weeks pregnant after a fall from my friends horse as I physically couldn't care for him anymore. :( Miss him loads, but know he's in a great home.

Hi hun,

They are both bay geldings. Snowy is 16.5hh and Benji is 17.2hh, I really wish I could look after them but its impossible, and if the right person came along then yeah I would consider loaning them out. Snowy was used as a lawn-mower in somebody's back garden and Benji was burnt by Gypsies, they used to stub him with fags :( they need a lot more love and attention atht I can give them though.

RAFwife that would be a horrible fall in normal circumstances but the fear of loosing niamh must have made it 10 times worse.

How would you find the confidence to get back on a horse. I would ne petrified to after that
xx

Actually, it didn't affect my confidence at all (well, that I know of. I haven't ridden since due to time) I just think that it happened in the most bizarre circumstances. I was only walking her, and I still had a really bad accident. So I may as well go mental cross country, or hunting as accidents can happen anytime so I may as well just be careful and enjoy myself! :)

I'm so glad I found this thread. I grew up with horses, even had 4 of my own ponies at 1 stage (3 competing, 1 baby). When I was sixteen I had to go live with my dad and work full time which meant selling my horse :-( For 4 years I didn't touch another horse (I was offered, but only wanted my own). Then someone offered me an opportunity to ride in a race. This meant I had to get fit so I started work riding at the racing stables. My life was back! Getting up at 5am every morning was a breeze as I loved galloping down the track on the most beautiful majectic beasts. I spent the next fews years racing on the flat and hurdles until I had 2 nasty accidents and lost my nerve.

First one I was lying in second place going really well and horse in the lead took off for the last jump and my horse decided to take off at the same time even though he was too far away. I ended up breaking my collar bone.

Second one I was trying to get a horse through the starting stalls that had been suspended and had to be retested before he could race again. He went in fine, but the horse that was supposed to go in next to him was being stupid bashing around and he panicked. He backed out, groom in tow. Then went straight up and lept forward. I went flying head first into the grass and he kicked my helmet as he fled. I stopped breathing and was unconcious. Only came round 20 minutes later. I had a broken nose, hole right through my lip and a slash on my leg.

I then bought my own baby off the track to train up. He is a beautiful big dark bay with way too much energy. I was forced to sell him 2 years back as I was often travelling for work and every time I got back he had walk holes in his paddock and had lost weight due to pining. It just wasn't fair to keep him. I told him to a girl who now does graded jumping, showing, eventing etc with him and is doing really well. I still get to see him whenever I want and they have extra horses there that they let me ride if I want.

Sorry for long story, just so excited to find other horsey people. I miss it so much, i haven't ridden since I had my LO!

How did I miss this one?

Hows the arab doing???

Yeah not too bad, I haven't had a chance to get out to her for a few weeks :( But last time she was ok with the saddle on but once I went to do up the girth she went mental so I worked with her having something around her ribs and she was starting to get better.

i love horses but havent ridden for a long time, my sister is horse crazy too, well most of my family are. ive never owned my own but my uncle's always had horses that i could ride when i was younger, my sister currently has two, missy and jimmy, they are also mother and son.

missy
https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/lorrilou_2008/missy.jpg

jimmy (mum and dad also in the background)
https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/lorrilou_2008/jimmy.jpg

awwww I love the baby pic of jimmy!

Oh what a great club!! My hubby and I are both horse lovers, we have 3 Jet Black Percherons, 3 quarter horses, but I think we need to buy a few more. Horses are sooo cheap here it is not even funny, went to a horse sale last night and nothing went over 500.oo dollars canadian. ANd not scruffs either, everything from foals to well broke horses, such a shame.

:D yay! well chuffed i found this thread! i have 2 horses, my 20ish yr old, 14.2 heinze 57 type pony lol and my 2 yr old mini shetland.

I have 2 horses (Did have 5 but sold three over the last few months - i seriously needed to down size in my horsey family!).

Now got my 2 yr old Warmblood filly in my Avatar pic shes called Venus and a 7yr old TB mare called Freer who is currently in foal to a KWPN Stallion (only just covered in July so not due til june 2011) so thats very exciting :D

This pregnancy was unexpected so im a little upset my horses will now suffer a bit as i cant do as much with them as i planned this next year, especially my youngster. Freer is fine to be left seeing as shes in foal and been out of work for ages anyway due to injury. I just had so many plans for my filly, i was hoping to get out to some shows and do a bit more training with her over the next few months but shes not the easiest of youngsters and i dont trust handling her in that way whilst pregnant so shes going to be left for another year now :( obviously with basic handling daily.. i dont mean im just going to leave her in a field and ignore her lol :dohh:

But good thing is shes only 2 so starting with her when shes a 3 years old isnt the end of the world!

Nice to see other horsey lovers on BnB :D

xx

Just realised ive changed my pic to my scan :dohh: lol

First one is my filly and other is me with Freer and Ted. Freer is the dark bay - Ted the chestnut is my ex racer who i loved very much but i rehomed him as a companion couple months ago as he has a nasty injury and after £2000 worth of vet bills and a lot of upset i had to call it a day and either have him PTS or find him a nice companion home :(

xx

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2010-08-19-20h43m31s26.png
    vlcsnap-2010-08-19-20h43m31s26.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 35739_405851532675_573042675_4762376_7778605_n.jpg
    35739_405851532675_573042675_4762376_7778605_n.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
Can I join in? I have 4! 3 are babies and the ridden will being going out on Loan for a year to be cared for by his new foster mummy. I am still riding him at the weekends, just hacking about but am careful and I can tell people are frowning at me for it!

Can I join in? I have 4! 3 are babies and the ridden will being going out on Loan for a year to be cared for by his new foster mummy. I am still riding him at the weekends, just hacking about but am careful and I can tell people are frowning at me for it!

firstly hello ladies! what a nice suprise i got coming across this thread! ive 2 horses dakota( hence my name lol) an nevada! dakotas my colourd 4 year old show mare an nevada i rescued from the meat man hes a sec d welsh cob very well bred but has half his face paralised! im also the yard manager of a riding school! i just wanted to say i for one am not frowning at you bubba im sure you know your own horse well enough an trust him so whats the prob? im still riding an intend to do so till i cant get off lol same as i did with my last to kids!

Hi all, Im another horse fanatic, I started riding when i was about 6 and continued till i was 21. I gained my A.I and compeated nationaly. I shamfully sold my best friend when i was in the wrong relationship with a guy and what i thought was love at the time got into the wrong life. Luckly i sold him to friends of mine so i silently keep a watchfull eye ove him. Im to ashmed to go and see him as i promised him we would be together forever. I am now 28 and after 4 many years of traveling and seeing the world i am desperot to get my own again. I have helped out friends with their G.G's so havent shut myself off totally from, That would off been imposiable as i swear they r in my blood. I cry when i think about how i negleted them. But now i have litlun comming and my wonderfull partner (protectiveand slightly non understanding about the world of horses) advises to wait till litlun is born. Which being as i want a youngster to take on i think it would be best to wait. I cant wait to teach my litlun to ride aswell, I'll get the cutest little pony, cant excatly say it'll be a dream as ponyìs never r, but thats how i learnt lol (Its like them sketch drawings of the fat little ******* ponys i used to see in the tack shops, What where they called?) Well hi again and its great to have found fellow pregnant/mummy horse people.
X :)

hi ladys, feel a bit poo today, have had to retire my older pony due to sever arthritus of the fetlock and coffin joint. hes happy in the field but i miss riding him :( trying to persuade hubbie to get me another to ride but i dont think hes haveing any of it.....

Aww sorry to hear about your horse hun :hugs: I had to retire my TB at just 11yrs old not long ago and it broke my heart. Hope you OH comes round to the idea of another :)

Im not feeling too great either at the moment, i really struggling to manage 2 horses, 2 children and being pregnant, not to mention the cost. I really dont want to sell them but im not finding any other way around it :(

My filly has been with me just over a year now and when i got her she was in such a bad state, very underweight and now she is (in my opinion) stunning! Its taken alot of time and work with her to get her where she is now and i love her so much i cant imagine not having her, but right now its feeling more like a chore i have to do everyday rather than a hobby i love as i cant do anything with her and im just too tired to get up there everyday, i dont know what to do :cry:

Heres my baby when i first got her.. and a couple of her now, theres a huge difference in just 14 months! :)

Attachments

• P29-07-09_19.25.jpg
    P29-07-09_19.25.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3
  • vlcsnap-2010-08-19-20h39m31s7.jpg
    vlcsnap-2010-08-19-20h39m31s7.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3
  • vlcsnap-2010-08-19-20h43m31s26.png
    vlcsnap-2010-08-19-20h43m31s26.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi can I join you? Both me and DF ride and we have a horsey each a Welsh D and a Welsh D x

just thaught id bring this thread back to life with a pic of my new baby!
meet cookie! 9 year old tobiano sports horse!

Attachments

• cookiewookie.jpg
    cookiewookie.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
Great to find this conversation. I have way too many at the moment. I own a fabulous 5 year old thoroughbred filly who I use as my main lesson horse - I am a certified instructor, and I have a gorgeous oldenburg gelding that I was showing dressage until I stopped riding due to pregnancy - he is for sale and hopefully will find the right home soon. I also have a leased Hannoverian mare in foal to a German dressage stallion. Foal is due 1 month after my LO is due. should be tricky but I am so excited to see what I end up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->