The Horse Group

Oh love this thread, first time i ever got on a horse i was 4 and iv never stopped until now, but im sure ill get back into it after baby is born. I dont own my own horse but i do ride, Iv also worked on a dressage yard and it was fantastic huge gentle gaints loved it!
I actually have two brand new whips for sale, would make good stocking fillers if anyone wonts pics etc pm me.

Lets reignite this thread! At the moment I've got 2 horses, just sold one.
Shetahn is a 14.3hh grey 4yo pure Arab gelding
and Yogi is a 16.2hh bay 10yo standardbred gelding which is the one I've just sold.
Am hoping to get another horse down the track for Savannah to learn to ride on but with more personality than Yogi has. He's a bit dull.

Attachments

• IMG_7692.jpg
    IMG_7692.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Well i gave birth to my yellow bump which turned out to be a girl im so happy with her she is just perfect, and even better she will hopfully come riding with me when she is abit older :D

Hello everyone. I hust found this. I have one horse right now because we had to get rid of the other 2.
Mine is an 14.2hh, 18 year old Paso Fino gelding named Chaz. Sorry they are sideways

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
I have 2 beautiful horses :)
A 14.3hh bay Welsh sec D mare who was my first horse, shes a nutter but shes wonderful.
And a palomino gelding who will be LOs pony when shes older although he's been out of work since i got pregnant so i will need to do alot of work with him before hand :) :flower:

bounty hes 13.2. rising two and getting broken this year,
it was a nightmare when i had him, he needed to be wormed, lice infcted, he had never been halter trained or never had his legs picked up

Attachments

• horse17443-1.jpg
    horse17443-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1
Awww lovley horses! :thumbup:

We have 5 donkeys lol and foals....:hugs:

we have a quarter stallion and a paint mare.
the stallions name is organized Texas Rebel aka O'boy he is 4yrs old
and the mares name is An Affaire to Remember aka Remi she is 9 yrs old and vert well trained in barrel racing.
i do barrels and poles and couldnt imagine my life without..
i sattle up till my bump hits the horn from the sattle

My mare is due her foal in 4 months! Its gone so quick cant wait to see what her baby looks like :D x

yeah for foals :D
i love em they r sooo cute we had one last yr
they grow soo fast just like ur babies

Can I join? I have never had my own horse but have been horse mad as long as I can remember (stealing rides from friends ponies whenever I could) in my last year at uni i used my loan to finally get myself lessons and am hooked:) I volunteered with RDA after uni as could no longer afford lessons and then joined a yard as a groom and trainee instructor. Whilst there I had a 15.3 bay mare called Charmer on loan. She was 34 and an ex polo pony, I bought her back into work after an accident as she didn't like being in the field all day. We just did a bit of schooling and lots of hacks and messing around in the fields. She was amazing and lived up to all my dreams of owning my own horse and exceeded them. Unfortunately I lost my job (long story but yards seem to be renound for people causing trouble) and the yard manager let Charmer be used in the riding school. I latter found out she hurt her leg on a cross country ride and then was kicked in the fiekd so had to be PTS :( :cry: This was in 2008, since then I have ridden friends mounts whenever I can but haven't been on a horse for about 22 months now. I miss it dreadfully and once I pass my driving test plan to get back into it :)

Ooops sorry this is so long!

Well a wee update, unfortunately I lost my gorgeous 14.2 old man at the beginning of December due to a horrific bout of colic and because of his age they wouldn't operate. After that I couldn't bond with the coloured I had on loan at all, then found out we are pregnant with baby number 2! So that put riding out the window for a while! Cookie has now gone home and I'm left with just my wee shetland pony Charlie. But we have just bought a 10 month old gypsi cob colt that I'm getting deliverd at the beginning of next month (decided it would be easier to bond it I have him from a youngster and there's no pressure to ride for a few years).

unfortunately I lost my gorgeous 14.2 old man at the beginning of December due to a horrific bout of colic and because of his age they wouldn't operate.
But we have just bought a 10 month old gypsi cob colt that I'm getting deliverd at the beginning of next month (decided it would be easier to bond it I have him from a youngster and there's no pressure to ride for a few years).

I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:, any pics of the colt, he sounds stunning. I think it's a lovely idea to just bond without riding for a few years :)

ill dig out a pic of him :) hes called Darroch. :D

Attachments

• darroch.jpg
    darroch.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 3
YAY!!! A horsey group!! :happydance:

I own a 14 year old fell pony gelding :wohoo:
He's my baby - had him for 8 years but due to lack of time and funds with having LO, I had to put him out on loan when I was 25 weeks pregnant.

He is a show horse and is in a great showing home - he won the overall champion working hunter at Pony UK this year. :happydance: Here's a piccy :happydance:

Attachments

• Overall Champion Working Hunter PUK 2011.JPG
    Overall Champion Working Hunter PUK 2011.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 1
Ahh god I miss riding so much! I started when I was 3 and rode pretty much continuously until I moved to Manchester 5 years ago..... I am hoping OH will be making plenty of pennies soon so I can be a lady of leisure for a good 12 months and get me a neddy..... and a pony for LO of course!

I miss showjumping so much :( I used to compete loads and miss my 24-horse livery yard I used to manage...... if only the pay were better in horseys and I would never have left to get a better paid job... so jealous of you guys that have horses, they are all bea-utiful! xx

Hi ladies, I have a 14.2 Welsh Section D called Doris. My best mate is currently looking after her while I recover from my C Section and I can't wait to see her again :)

How did everyone find getting back in the saddle after having their little ones? Lots of my friends seem to have completely lost their confidence with riding and I really hope this doesn't effect me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->