The Horse Group

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
I know there are a few horse lovers on here. and i thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about our passion for them.

If you have you own horse you can get advice on day to day care or if your are just starting out then maybe ask for tips on how to stay in the saddle

I have just got back into horse riding and i love it. We went in a place called the west wood the other day and did a flat out gallop. It was amazing
xx

I own two horses and I'm unfortuantely having to sell them :(

Ohh can i join? I have a horse called Lantern, 16.3hh polish warmblood! Ive been riding since i was teeny tiny, always had a horse since i was about 3. Before i got pregnant i bought young green horses and schooled them up and sold them on!
Who else has horses then? I know Blob and Ryder do :)

Yeah course

I don't have my own, i just go and ride. So i am here to ask about the money side of looking after a horse properly

:D
xx

I own 1 horse :D I also do training for a couple people... I looooove horses... RAFwife likes horses too... and Hayley (I cant rmember her BnB name, she isnt on alot)...

Aww, I miss riding. I used to ride every week (never owned my own horse though), and miss that amazing feeling of just galloping around (gosh I miss that free flying feeling!) I wish I could afford to ride again.
But I took Kathryn to a little nature center and they have farm animals and there was this beautiful clydesdale there that came right over for a nose scratch, it was magnificent as he was so huge (never seen a clyde in person before). I used to ride the tallest horse in the barn, so I wanted to just hop on sooo bad!

ohhhh i love horses!!!! I used to own a arabian. My mum and dad sold him on my when he bolted across a 4 lane highway with me on him!!! I was about 10!!!
I havent ridden much since then but would love love love to get back into it. I want to buy another horse and maybe one for Layla when she gets a little bit older :D

oooo great idea!!!
I dont own one, but i am a supervisor at a 70 horse barn :)
does that count? :rofl:
Great thread

I have always loved horses started riding and got my first pony at 8yo stopped riding when i was 16 and decided after i had tyler 18months ago i really missed it so started again and now have a 16.2 hh bay standardbred gelding he's my baby and i cant wait to get back on him once this bubs is born his names Jacko heres 2 pics xx

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/kookie3boys/mypictures336.jpg
https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll183/kookie3boys/mypictures342-2.jpg

very cute boy ^^
here is a picture of my FAV horses from my barn :)

Named Vinnie :happydance:
Ive taught him to bow.. and today how to smile
love him to death

Attachments

• vinnir.jpg
    vinnir.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
Anyone an join thats got a passion for horses

Lovely horses by the ways girls :D

Anyone had an serious falls that have knocked their confidence??
xx

I have had quite a few falls/accidents. I have work in horse type jobs over the last few years. Luckily none too serious... A few concussions though.

I think my worst horse accident was on the ground. A barn I worked at had bought a colt who hadn't had much handling, and I was stupid and took his hay in etc and he went nuts I got kicked several times in the stomach./legs etc. That is the only time i've had to go in to the hospital.

My horse in this february:
https://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/vicbrenan/vic1.jpg

Last summer at a Walter Zettl dressage clinic (I was 5 months preggo)
https://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/vicbrenan/IMG_1319.jpg

wow ryder your horse is beautiful looks like he has a really elegant trot.

My worse accident was when i was cantering a new cob round a school and he bolted because a car back fired and he threw me onto a fence back first. My back was purple for weeks
xx

I own two horses and I'm unfortuantely having to sell them :(

I don't have much to do with them anymore, they were rescue horses and as bad as I feel about it, I just don't have the same time that I used to have for them.

Thanks aidensmummy... she is a pretty awsome mare. She used to be a racehorse... Now we just event or do dressage.

Jazzy, what are their stats and would you consider loaning them? *hint hint* LOL

I did have a horse. 5 year 16.2hh bay IDx gelding. He was my dream horse, but I had to sell him when I was 20 weeks pregnant after a fall from my friends horse as I physically couldn't care for him anymore. :( Miss him loads, but know he's in a great home.

My worst accident was falling off my friends 4 year old mare. I was 17 weeks pregnant, and she'd been exercised and my friend and instructor were on the ground, so thought I would just have a little walk around. Something spooked her, and she did a total rodeo bronc.

When I fell, she bronced again, and double barreled me (with shoes on) in the stomach. The force of it caused a loud cracking noise in my back, causing a break in my spine.

Honestly, I have never known pain like it. Labour was a breeze compared, and labour hurt. I couldn't feel my legs at all though and couldn't move at all.

A first response car came first, and the woman in there gave me gas and air until the ambulance arrived. It just made me ill though. The worst pain of all was when they tried putting me on a backboard, and winching me into the ambulance. I started blacking out from pain.

Got to the hospital and was in trauma for ages. Got moved to a back unit, and the long and short of it is that I couldn't move my legs for a few days, and had to learn how to sit up, stand up and walk again. It took a couple of months before I could shower or bath by myself.

I was so lucky not to be paralysed, and I was even luckier not to lose Niamh.

RAFwife that would be a horrible fall in normal circumstances but the fear of loosing niamh must have made it 10 times worse.

How would you find the confidence to get back on a horse. I would ne petrified to after that
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->