The Implant

walkerscrisps

Reaction score
So waiting to try until i'm 22, but for some strange reason i'm incredibly broody and want kids right now, as weird as that may sound (i'm 16.) I was on the combined contraceptive pill for about a year because of migraines until the doctor realised it was actually causing the migraines...(well done to the genius doctor:dohh:) so now i'm on the mini pill, and my migraines have completely gone (thank god) but...i've gained weight, constantly bloated, skin looks like that of a thriller video reject, in a bad mood all the time, make my boyfriend feel guilty for no reason, etc, etc, so decided to try the implant, so went to the doctors (a different one than the one who put me on the combined pill) and he said i'd have to have an injection containing the same stuff as the implant to see if there were any side effects, so i was wondering if anyone has had any side effects to the implant?

and, when they put the implant in....does it hurt?:blush:

thank yoooou :)

My friend had the implant done, no side effects and she said apart from the injection to numb the area they give you it was painless, she looked very bruised afterwards and said it was sore, but nothing major. :) Hope that helps x

When i got my implant in i dident get the injection with the stuff in first. Tbh i though it was great but OH said i was realy moody.

The implaint is just like every other contraception it affects every one differently. What happens for one person may not happen to another. The only way you are going to know is by getting it in. It dident hurt to much but im not realy botherd by pain

I have loads of friends on the implant who think it's great, but I also have a couple who don't like it. One in particular said it was great for her before she had her children, but after she had them and she got it put back in it was AWFUL for her. Must be a change in hormones or something!
As Lozzy said everyone's different and the only way to tell if it's right for you is to try! :)
Best of luck :) xx

The only painful part is when the anaesthetic is injected! Once that is done, you don't really feel the implanon being put in. Same with having it removed too. I like Implanon, it seems to suit me, but I understand plenty of women hate it for various reasons so you've just got to give it time and see what you think.

I had the depo injections for a couple of years but got fed up of having to go to the docs every 12 weeks for a top up. Had implant in about 18 months ago and had no probs since. Hurt a little bit after it went in, but nothing more than a normal bruise! Still freak my friends out showing them it in my arm though!

Some people I know had really greasy hair, spots etc after the depo (which will mimic the implant), as they are all progesterone based, so if the mini pill, which is progesterone only, causes you probs the implant might not be the best. Sorry if this puts you off, just thought I should share what little knowledge I have.

I've been on the implant since I was 17, I'm 24 now. Its great that you don't have to ever remember to take anything, but on the downside having had 3 implants in and two out my arm is pretty scarred. The last one especially was very imbedded and I have a 2cm x 1cm scar to show for it. Also over time they seem to be accepted by my body. When I had the first one I had regular periods until 2 years 8 months, the second one for about 2 years, but this third one I'm only a year into it and I've now had 3 periods in 4 weeks, so I either need a new implant for higher doses of hormones, or I need to change contraception.

i've had mine in a month and a half, got my period as normal... but it hasn't stopped! for 3 weeks! the doc said sit it out for a few months. in fairness i haven's had cramp or anything like i usually do but this permanant period as contraception isn't what i had in mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->