The "let down" feeling

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
My milk has come in but I'm not feeling the "let down", is 5 days too soon to be able to feel it? I breastfed my two girls but since they were in the NICU and I was pumping at first, I don't really remember when it started.

Some people never feel it at all. My letdown was really painful once my milk came in at day four but a week later I got zero sensation with my letdown - literally nothing!!!

If baby is swallowing, peeing, putting on weight then you must be letting down.

Some people never feel it at all. My letdown was really painful once my milk came in at day four but a week later I got zero sensation with my letdown - literally nothing!!!

If baby is swallowing, peeing, putting on weight then you must be letting down.
The thing is, I felt it was both of my girls. Shouldn't I feel it this time as well? also, he's pooping a lot more than he's peeing, should I be worried about that? He hasn't had his first pediatrician appointment yet.

Sometimes I have felt it really strong and it was almost painful. Sometimes I can only tell my milk let down because LO starts gulping (I have a fast let down, it makes even my 1.5 yo gulp).

Newborns poop about every time they feed, and it's wet poop, so a lot of the wetness goes into poop diapers. As long as he's having diapers (wet or soiled) he's good.

Letdown for me sometimes feels like nothing, but sometimes it feels like a pain followed by a tingling sensation and then I feel really relaxed all over (I assume from the hormones). A really good indicator is when their jaw is opening wide. Also like pp said, wet/soiled diapers.

Thanks ladies, that makes me feel a lot better about it. I was worried he wasn't getting enough because he's constantly cluster feeding. Although I'm still a bit worried that I don't feel the let down, especially since I felt it with both of my other children.

With my daughter I felt letdown in the early weeks and then didn't really feel anything for the remaining year that I breastfed her. With my son I had almost painful letdown the entire year I breastfed him. It's definitely possible for it to feel differently with different babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->