The Midwives

I really enjoyed it, as much as I like OBEM, I actually preferred this one. I would have hated to have had the MW with the blonde hair, my first MW was quite like her and it spoiled the experience a little bit. I was very lucky second time round and got a community MW I had met several times before. x

I missed it, i'll have a look on iplayer and see if its being shown on there, I wouldn't mind watching it xx

I caught up on bbc iplayer, I enjoyed it, I was glad the little baby on neonatal was fine, must of been scary for the mom and dad after what happened with their other baby. It was nice at the end over the credits when it showed a professional photo of the three of them a few months later, was nice to see the baby was ok.

I thought the older midwife was lovely, don't know if she was doing it for the camera or not but I thought it was nice how she explained everything to the couple. I'll definitely be watching the rest of the series xx

But this show focuses more in the midwives rather then the parents right?
I only watched a bit in bbc iplayer

Episode 1 did yeah, not sure on what the rest of the series will be like, you got a tiny bit of backstory for some parents but it was mainly focused on the midwives, I suppose they can't focus to much on the parents otherwise it'll be a bit to much like OBEM xx

I watched the whole thing on bbc iplayer last night, finally!
I like it better than obem for some reason x

Did anyone watch yesterdays? I thought it was good and interesting following the students round, I can't believe that second year student was gonna send that woman home though after her having reduced movements and was measured to have a small baby! I even knew that they should of kept her in and i've never done any training of that sort! xx

I liked it, although I thought it was odd that the qualified midwife was discussing the cae and what she'd do when the woman was in the room? Especially because they didn't agree about what the student wanted to do. I couldn't believe she wanted to send her home either!
I also thought that the girl who was attending her first delivery as a qualified midwife was a bit unprofessional, I know she was really emotional about it but it seemed as if she was focusing on herself rather than being there to reassure the mum? Might've just been the way I perceived it though.

I was surprised by the explanation that the midwife with the dark hair who was about 12 month qual gave to the couple who wanted the c section, I think the student explained it better than her!! x

It's a shame about all the high risk births but I supposed they did day it's a high risk unit from the outset.
I still find it strange that you've never met your midwife before you deliver in the UK. Is case loading a thing at all?

Next week it's homebirths I think with community midwives.
I think it's a much better watch than OBEM, shame about all the medicalisation, but it's interesting.

I watched it on iplayer, the newly qualified midwife was so sweet when she cried at her first delivery as a qualified midwife,
Midwifery is such a challenging course but I'm sure very rewarding x.

I was surprised by the explanation that the midwife with the dark hair who was about 12 month qual gave to the couple who wanted the c section, I think the student explained it better than her!! x

I agree, I think the student explained better

It's a shame about all the high risk births but I supposed they did day it's a high risk unit from the outset.
I still find it strange that you've never met your midwife before you deliver in the UK. Is case loading a thing at all?

Where I gave birth I had one midwife during all my antenatal appointments but was referred to hospital due to having low platelets towards end of pregnancy and saw a different consultant every week, when I went into labour I saw about 5 different midwives during my 16 hour labour. I remember when one changed shifts for the night midwife she had to explain everything goin on with my situation to her.
I think some people do see the same midwife throughout pregnancy and labour x

I've been watching it and I think it's been brilliant! I like how each week has a different focus, although being set in a high risk unit makes me a bit nervous because obviously it makes high risk look normal (although I suppose it is for these midwives...). I'm trying to not compare it to OBEM, I'm quite enjoying seeing what midwives are up against :)

Anyone watch this weeks? It was interesting to see the different sides of wirral and how the community midwives deal with each side separately, I thought it was nice how that girl that couldn't bond with her baby whilst she was pregnant kind of did towards the end xx

Yeah I watched it, yeah it was really sweet when the teen mum had her baby, she changed a lot afterwards plus she gave birth pain relief free
I quite liked the midwife who was doing the home visits

I have had both my babies at st Mary's an pd it's a fab hospital. Makes me sad watching it, as I want to do it all over again but oh us saying no. Maybe he will change his mind in a few yrs baby is still under 12 weeks, so early days x

So my view may change further in to tonights but I want to slap some sense into the young diabetic girl. Grrrrrrrrr.........

I would of ran straight to the hospital especially having a condition that can put my baby at risk, it was so sad seeing the pregnant mum with the kidney failure she looked so pale, yellow and in a lot of pain :(

Me and my husband watched it last night and it was really sad the women with kidney failure, I'm so glad they all had happy endings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->