The Midwives

T

Toms Mummy

Anyone watching? I think it's the BBCs version of OBEM!... Watching so we'll see!

So far... I'm not that keen on the midwife with the short blonde hair.... she's being very patronising!

I am watching, not as good as one born every minute at all.

im watching, the woman on 5th child doesnt look like shes in LOADS of pain but the blonde woman is NASTY!

WOW that was fast. I know with number 5 it might be but still it went very quick.

im quiet impressed that they actually showed them handling the placenta as where obem there is not even a mention of it

You do not normally see that on birthing shows. I guess this is very much about the midwives rather than the 'story' of the baby.

Yeah... I've noticed that too, that they're more concerened about capturing the midwives rather than the mummys.

None of the midwives are very personable!

If I had to choose I think I'd rather have my child in Leed than Manchester... OBEM is definately better!

I'm watching, makes me so broody!
I think I'll definitely stay at home for as long as possible next time, they don't seem to want anyone to go in. (I went in early last time as she was breech, although they left me to labour on my own)

It does not make me feel as broody as obem, the stories are not as personal. :shrug:

I'm liking it a bit more now, I even cried when the couple who lost their little boy a couple of years ago give birth with forceps.

I think I'm liking it more now becasue that horrible blonde midwife hasn't been back in it!

It does not make me feel as broody as obem, the stories are not as personal. :shrug:

Yeah I think this is more focused on the midwives rather than the women/babies, I'm just super-broody anyway at the moment! :haha:

Yeah I think this is more focused on the midwives rather than the women/babies, I'm just super-broody anyway at the moment! :haha:

Me too, I am over in WTT all the time. :haha:

That last story was sad and it is sometimes scary watching these shows.

I'm actually finding it more informative than OBEM as an expectant first time mum.

I wouldn't mind a firm midwife like the blond woman at all... I find touchy feely crap really annoying and have already wanted to punch midwives who've been overly "encouraging" when doing blood tests etc.

Goodness... there seems to be a lot of the babies needing a bit of help straight after birth.... I don't know whether this is normal? It happens 90% of the time?.... Maybe OBEM gives the romaticised view of childbirth and this one is more factual?

American baby shows are a lot more like Midwives and seem to have a lot of babies needing help after birth. Saying that the last few obem does seem to show much more high risk pregnancies and babies in noe-natal.

I think OBEM is a bit more fairy tale like and always has happy endings. I think the midwives is a lot more realistic. I'm also finding it more informative too :)

I will be under St.Mary's hospital care when i do eventually have a baby. So it was really interesting for me too watch.

I think OBEM is a bit more fairy tale like and always has happy endings. I think the midwives is a lot more realistic. I'm also finding it more informative too :)

I will be under St.Mary's hospital care when i do eventually have a baby. So it was really interesting for me too watch.

i hope you dont get that midwife with blonde hair n red glasses!

i hope you dont get that midwife with blonde hair n red glasses!

I hope not!!

I don't like the American one, on Really.... It's like it was filmed 20 years ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->