The Midwives

I was so relieved when they all got their happy endings, but I could have killed the diabetic girl! If I had any inclination that something might be effecting LO you'd have to try and keep me away from the hospital!
The lady with the kidney issues had me in tears, I felt dreadful for her. I Couldn't believe how much better she looked even 2 days after having the baby, when she looked like death before hand.

Just watched it and was in tears for half of it. I think the girl with diabetes has a lot of growing up to do, I wish they had just put it bluntly to her tbh but maybe they did and it just wasn't shown. Watching the lady with kidney failure was horrendous, I honestly didn't think she was going to continue with the pregnancy but so glad that they found something to help her through it, I would love to know how the baby is now. Lovely Midwives again this week xx

Yesterdays was another good ep, I'm glad they all got happy endings, I couldn't believe that girl with diabetes discharged herself from hospital, if (god forbid) something had happened to her baby bet she would of struggled to forgive herself xx

I was sitting crying and hugging my LO when the kidney lady had her baby!

Hi girls

Anyone watched tonights and last weeks episodes?

Ahaha michelle

I noticed we didn't discuss last weeks episode :)

Its on my recordings waiting to be watched, looking forward to seeing it. Is this the last one in the series? x

In gutted it's finished really enjoyed it! I had no experience with babies when i had LO but I can't believe that foreign lady with the bottle!

Xx

Omg is it finished now?
And yes that's was so nasty, surely anyone with common sense would know that?

I can't see it in next weeks tv guide. Couldn't believe that lady, poor baby, I just don't get how she didn't know about the babies bottle needing to be changed?!

That girl whose baby was on the vulnerable young persons unit was lovely, i'm glad she got to carry on looking after her baby, it was a shame the dad didn't bother coming to see his son though and the way he drove home looked scary especially with a newborn in the back :shock: xx

Yeah I could see the dad didn't give a damn about his baby, how sad
I did think the other girls who's mother died fob was quite nice, he seem to be really happy with his son x

I know that poor girl, I got so annoyed that she was referred I know health professions know best but she was clearly a lovely girl and then you see that story in the paper on the same day of those parents who were heroin addicts and killed there son! How do they get away with it!

Xxx

If only losers like them were referred :growlmad:
She was really upset with the midwife for doing that she didn't want to see her again

I', sorry, but with a family background like her's they had no other choice but to refer her, especially when both her mum and the sister who had he kids taken were her 'support'. Vulnerable babies needs re named so it doesn't sound so daunting, it's an incredible service that helps a lot of parents on the straight and narrow.

I liked this series much more than OBEM, partly because /i didn't have to hear some woman screaming 'I don't want to do this' when been told to push because her baby is in trouble or something equally infuriating and partly because it was nice to see the community midwives getting so much recognition

I really felt for that woman.
You tell how upset and anixous they made her feel, like she wasn't capable!
The first midwife barely gave her a chance and i'm glad she told her not to come back.
I actually felt tearful when she was in that meeting.

x

I've just watched this on iPlayer and I was really shocked by the attitude of that midwife who was doing the home visits? The one who was trying to find that lady and baby who'd disappeared? She seemed quite weary and judgmental, especially when she went to that one house and there was a different baby there, she was banging on the door shouting "MIDWIFE" and a woman with a young baby opened the door and asked her in.. what was weird about that? She was being helpful and presumably with a 48 day old baby not long out of midwife care herself, but the midwife really slated her on camera saying, "it gets worse, that's not the woman but she has her own baby, 48 days old and she just let me in off the street". She was banging on her door, calling her and dressed in an NHS midwifery uniform, it's hardly like she's inviting drug dealers in for tea!

I felt like a lot of that episode seemed to want to paint this picture of these poor disadvantaged mums, when most of them seemed to be doing really well! The poor family who'd put too many blankets on their baby, got this big lecture on SIDS and babies falling down the side of sofas (where there child wasn't) and the danger of babies not sleeping in cots (which their child WAS) on national tv!

That whole episode has made me quite frightened of home visits after bubs is born, I think I'll feel quite paranoid and judged.

I agree ^
If I had a 48 day old baby and a lady dressed in a nhs uniform screaming midwife down my letter box I'd let her in too, wouldn't feel worried in the slightest
Don't understand why she made that comment about 'them' just allowing anybody in tbh :shrug:

Oh and I didn't understand why she made bed sharing seem so dangerous, if done correctly it isn't dangerous at all x

The bed sharing thing pissed me off massively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->