• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Midwives.

I did! I love tht show. :)
Better to watch now than three and half weeks ago when I was still pregnant lol

:haha:
I was just wondering how people felt about the lady who was adamant against any intervention?

Yeah! That was so stressful to watch! Glad she ended up listening to the docs and midwives tho! And that her wee boy was ok :)

What did u think about having triplets?!

I did!
Loved it whilst they were at The Womens as I had my daughter there (Midwife was Pam who was on last nights) & also plan to go there with #2

With that lady, I understood her wanting to avoid a c-section but she pissed me off when she threw a strop and went outside despite knowing the baby's heart rate was dipping!

I found it so difficult to watch!

Definitely, I can't imagine how difficult it must of been for the midwife too. There really isn't much they can do if the mum disagrees.
Nice to see all the triplets healthy though :flower: don't see triplets often on these shows!

I loved last night's episode! Seeing the triplets! Although that other mum was really annoying me, surely you'd do anything to protect your baby? I found it hard to watch :-/ xx

I can't comment on that woman or i'd be here all day !.

Those midwives were lovely though and I just loved that daddy to the triplets. My OH said if that had been me taken down for a emcs he'd have been in a sobbing heap in the corner :D.

I found it hard to sympathise with the woman once they broke her waters and she was still adamant she would have no help and then she buggered off outside whilst her unborn child's heart rate was dipping. Wanting a natural birth I can understand but it got to a point where she was just being selfish.

I did really love that program! I am seriously considering going back to uni and studying to be a midwife have been for ages watching the program makes me want to even more!! It must of been extremely frustrating for the midwife dealing with that woman, found it very frustrating to watch xx

I found it hard to sympathise with the woman once they broke her waters and she was still adamant she would have no help and then she buggered off outside whilst her unborn child's heart rate was dipping. Wanting a natural birth I can understand but it got to a point where she was just being selfish.

:thumbup:
this was my feeling exactly.

I love it : ) I think looking from the outside she was a tad selfish but she must have this fear of a c section, I think personally I would have listened to the dr.

I did and said irrational things in my labour, it was hard to think properly. Didn't see it.

I've been watching, I loved it.

I understood the woman, and wished I had been that head strong before they started Millie's induction, but to actively know your baby's heart rate is dipping and to then go away from the help...that's beyond what I can understand. It wasn't sensible.

LOVE the series though! :D

i don't get why she'd say yes to the induction but leave after it failed.

i would have had more sympathy for her if she said no to the induction but to leave after being induced I think is massively irresponsible and selfish.

she was also extremely rude.

I watched it and was soo shocked by her behaviour, I do understand she may have had a traumatic time with her first labour and wanted to avoid it at all costs but that was unbelievable, the drs and midwives were really patient with her.

It was also very worrying when she discharged herself.

I think once she calmed she was grateful for the help she recieved.

Glad her and lil man were both well in the end.

Yeah my main problem wasn't her reluctance to have intervention or to be induced but to demand the monitor be taken off when her babys heartbeat wasn't good? That baffled me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->