The MILF Club!

No thanks! I would however like a lovely MIL who actually tries to get involved but is not too overpowering.. Too much to ask? :haha:

I think they seem to be all or nothing unfortunately!:haha:

I think we all want that Amy! My MIL went from barely knowing my name to falling all over me as soon as we moved here. Dumb decision Ellie. Why didn't we go to Australia? :dohh:

Was Australia an option Ellie?!

My MIL is lovely when we're at hers, I get along with her well. She just doesn't bother with us, which pisses me off.. She bothers with OHs brother but just not OH :shrug: I could give birth and go months without her knowing I'd had baby :rofl:

Yeah we were almost moving to Australia earlier in the year until OH got a job here.

She doesn't go out of her way. Maybe she'll make more of an effort once Finn is here?

Oh wow! :o I'd absolutely love to move far far away, Australia is about right lol!

I doubt it, not sure whether she'd still not bother or she'd start getting controlling. We'll soon find out!

I feel bad saying this but I'm sooo glad I don't have a MIL. I feel bad saying it because OH's mother gave up her rights when he was just two years old and he was raised by his dad and grandparents. He hasn't seen her in almost 20 years. Same with her side of the family. We ran into his aunt at a bar once and she invited us over to his grandparent's house. They hadn't seen him since HS (he was about 30 at the time) and didn't even get up from their stupid card game to say hi. We're better off without all of them. He even thinks he say his mom at the store one time but isn't sure because it's been so long since he's seen her. I don't know how a mother could just abandon her kid like that :nope:

:( that's so horrible BB, hope nobody takes this wrong when I say this but it's usually the dad that finds it easy to walk away (in my experience).. I don't know how any mum could carry her baby and give birth, bring them into the world and walk away so easily!! :nope:

It seems like it usually is the dad that can just walk away. I've seen it with a couple of girls I went to school with.

And she didn't abandon one kid, she abandoned two! OH has a half brother that his dad raised too - and it's not even his kid! His mom was a waitress at the Playboy Club in town (it's since been bought out and is a fancy, terribly overpriced resort). I guess having two kids got in the way of her 'exciting' lifestyle. Thank goodness it didn't screw up OH as much as I think it did his brother. He was arrested when he was 15 for armed burglary. I think OH has talked to him once or twice since we've been together but I've never met him. Crazy thing is even though his brother is the black sheep, his mom's family keeps in contact with him :saywhat: It's all just ridiculous.

It's good your OH has made his own life, with his own family now though and hasn't let it affect him. Making your own family is better than having dead beats in your life! She sounds horrible though, hate women like that :growlmad:

I'm glad she had OH but she should've never had children. People like her drive me mad!

Definitely not, makes me sad that some people can't have children but then others can that don't deserve to :nope:

So all this talk of mils... I can't help but wonder what kind of mil I'll be someday... :haha:

So all this talk of mils... I can't help but wonder what kind of mil I'll be someday... :haha:

I wonder the same thing!!! If I'm anything like my mom, I'll be awesome. OH absolutely loves her. So much he's even gone bra shopping with her :rofl: I worry about what my SIL and DIL will be like :shock: They better be awesome or I'm going to have to dip into our savings and hire a hit man :haha: :winkwink:

I dunno... in a lot of ways I am really easygoing and I am reliable.... but apparently I am going to have 3 boys, hard time thinking they'll all be able to bring home a girl that I like. lol

Three boys :shock: And three under two :shock: :shock: I'm kind of jealous. I was hoping for another boy. I'll settle for a healthy baby girl though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->