The Mirena is OUT! Post removal thread.

essie0828

Reaction score
Hello everyone :hi:

Had my Mirena removed today and wanted to see if any other ladies would like to share their stories of ttc/ntnp post Mirena. Did you like your Mirena coil? Symptoms, side effects and all that.

I had the Mirena placed 6w after my daughter was born. Six weeks postpartum, sleep deprived with a colicky baby at home, all I knew is I would never be able to remember to take a pill everyday and that I couldn't handle another baby right now. So told my gyn (not my regular guy) and he brought me a info pack for the Mirena. I asked a few questions about its reliability skimmed over the info pack and said lets go with this then. The device was placed (Painful!) and I was sent home with some warnings of abnormal bleeding and cramps. My periods all but stopped a few months after Mirena. I was very moody and depressed at times and struggling to get back into shape. Also lost tons of my hair and just felt exhausted all the time and had NO sex drive. I blamed all that on being a new mom and being hypothyroid. Recently I've been thinking these lasting symptoms could be related to my birth control so I had it removed. I want to wait at least a few months before ttc so we are officially ntnp. I'm on cd 3 now and waiting for the withdrawal bleed; that usually happens after removal :coffee:

Hi there, definitely check out the Official ex-mirena thread in the discussions/groups area for lots more info but I had my mirena removed 3/4/11, removal bleed for a few days, first period 3/15/11, and my cycles went completely back to normal. But I was also having cycles while on mirena which not everyone does. It took nine months to conceive after diagnosed make factor infertility and now our lo is five months old. With dh's issue, we aren't going back on bc but if I was, I'd opt for mirena again.

I had a mirena for almost 4 years, and got it out in March in order to try for baby #2...by June I was pregnant with baby #2 and baby #3! Yes, it is possible for fertility to return very quickly after the mirena is removed.

So ladymorgan you conceived twins after your Mirena was removed?

I have done tons of reading on this thing since getting it. Kinda wish I would have done that prior to getting it, but live and learn. Anyway, I have read that more women are conceiving multiples in the first few months after removal.

As for me, bleeding is picking up a little and cramps are noticeable. It's just a few times a day that I actually feel them. Not a bad experience so far. Looking forward to seeing regular cycles again.

So ladymorgan you conceived twins after your Mirena was removed?

Yes, I concieved twins. They are in kindergarten now, and I got my 2nd mirena removed so I'm NTNP again. Would really prefer to have just one baby this time around!

Oh, and I've also read about a lot of people concieving twins right after the Mirena is removed. However, I don't think it is due to the mirena- I think it is due to the fact that highly fertile women are more likely to concieve twins shortly after starting to try. For example, after the 2nd world war, when all the men came home and there was a baby boom starting about 9 months later....there was a big jump in twins right at the start of the baby boom.

Hi, I had my mirena out last Friday, i started spotting the next day which developed into a full on period 2 days after (was due on anyway so bang on time) I loved my mirena, no bleeding just brownish discharge for a couple of days once a month, which I'm assuming is when my regular period should have been..

I've stopped bleeding now, so does that mean I'm now in cycle one? It was def more than a withdrawal bleed and I was due AF anyway so Im assuming it was AF and I will ovulate on day 14, I'm on day 6 at the mo and BD last night (twice :blush:) and will prob BD every day now till day 16

Lucky you, knowing when AF was due! I had period-like bleeding right after my mirena was removed, but hadn't had a visit from AF for over a year, so don't know if that was the start of a cycle or was just withdrawal bleed. It's now been almost a month, and since my cycle was always short (24 or 25 days), I might have a visit from AF in the next few days....but if I don't, it could just be that things haven't kick-started yet. Sigh. Virtually no CM of any sort this month, so I think my body just hasn't woken up again yet.

I had 5 days of bleeding just like a regular period. But i was on cd2 when the Mirena was removed so according to the calender im due to ovulate around 14th-16th. We're not going to try this cycle tho, so totally avoiding sperm. ;) Good luck lylasmummy, hope you catch your eggy or eggies this month. Oooh ladymorgan could you be due to poas??

Hi, I had my mirena out last Friday, i started spotting the next day which developed into a full on period 2 days after (was due on anyway so bang on time) I loved my mirena, no bleeding just brownish discharge for a couple of days once a month, which I'm assuming is when my regular period should have been..

I've stopped bleeding now, so does that mean I'm now in cycle one? It was def more than a withdrawal bleed and I was due AF anyway so Im assuming it was AF and I will ovulate on day 14, I'm on day 6 at the mo and BD last night (twice :blush:) and will prob BD every day now till day 16

If that was in fact your period, I would go ahead and assume regular ovulation. Like you, I knew when af was due after removal and af arrived as scheduled as did ovulation (confirmed by positive opks as well as bbt charting).

Thanks girls, Im on CD11 and trying to get as much spermies out of him as i can but last night we slipped up and I ended up finishing him off another way, got carried away, so be back on it tonight :thumbup:

Lol! Let the man breathe at least. Hope you catch!

I've had some interesting symptoms lately. Tmi alert.....had blood tinged ewcm, a lot of it for the last 2 days also had hard pulling left side pain for a few hours 2 days ago. I think I ov'd first cycle off mirena. Sex drive is back full force and DH is doing pullout method but we have dtd every day. I'm starting to think Im in the tww.

Ugh...I hate not knowing if I'm in the TWW or not. Mirena was out Dec 11th, had a bleed for a few days after that, and nothing since. Pre-mirena, I had a short cycle (24-25 days), so I should have had a visit from AF by now. Took a preg test a few days ago, and it was negative. But I've had that crampy full feeling, like AF is just around the corner, for days. Just like early in pregnancy. Tired, slighly nauseaus...I wish I knew for sure one way or the other! I was expecting to start my cycle regularly again, and have at least a few months to keep track of it. Wasn't expecting AF to just not show up! *grumble*

You could start charting your bbt so you know where you are in your cycle. I hate not knowing so charting is a must...also there are very helpful ex mirena women in this group https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/414504-official-ex-mirena-thread.html

Lady Morgan hope you find out something soon. Hopefully you are preggers already and just not showing up on a test. I think im in the tww but not sure either. My cycles were really long to non existent on mirena. If no af by feb 1st gonna poas but just waiting till then. Keep updating, I wanna see that bfp ;)

BFP. My OB/GYN is going to be so annoyed that I don't have a good LMP date to calculate from. I'm really stunned...I'm 41 and my partner is 42 and has never had kids, so I figured it would take months or years or not even happen at all. Definitely did not expect to turn up pregnant right away! So...put this on the list of post-Mirena success stories! I'm just really hoping it is not twins again....

Congratulations!!!!!! That's great. Twins, oh my. It is a scary thought, especially already having a set. Super excited for you. :hugs:

Oooh you will more likely get an early scan if they can't pin down an lmp.....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->