The mommy haircut

bky

:(
Reaction score
Did you get one? Does it help?

A mommy haircut is just an easy to care and wear hairstyle, usually shorter than your hair was pre-babies
My hair is a few inches below my shoulders now, but I feel like it's a waste as it spends all it's time up in a clip or bun. It's a habit at work, but at home I used to leave it down sometimes. At first I was too busy to do anything with it, then it started falling out badly around 6 months, but now that has tapered off my baby pulls it when she can. :dohh:
So I'm considering the mommy haircut....

My hair is down to the top part of my lower back. I always feel like I want to cut it but when it comes down to it I just can't. On the off chance that I get to look pretty I want to have all my hair long hair! haha. Plus I think my hubby would have a cow he has always loved my long hair.

Boring i know but i like to keep the hair long for tat rare moment we may be able to go out.

It just gets trussed up in a ponytail-very boring.

I've just had mine whopped off into a bob, was just below shoulders before baby. Like others it was falling out tonnes and putting it up made it split etc so I went for the chop- now I can't wear it up LO pulls on it more as she can see it better iykwim. It's alot harder to style shorter. On the plus side my friends just has her done and it looks fab shorter and prefers it shorter - she has 8mth old twins!

I thought about it... I've always had quite long hair and want short hair at some point - but cant bring myself to do it!!

I dont really feel the need either, we get up before Harrie so i always have time to do my hair so dont really see the point having the chop!
Plus im a sucker for curls so always curl my hair when we go out and woul miss it sooooooooo much if i couldnt lol!

I had mine cut off when Nim was about 3 months old .... regretting it already! TBH I actually found long hair (a couple of inches below my shoulders) easier to keep than my current style (layered just below my ears)

I'm now growing it out again! Just got to 'just about goes into a pony tail length'

*edited to add - I think if I'd been really brave and gone for pixie cut short it would have been better ... but I'm not that brave!**

i have kept the same hairstyle , i just tie it up so then if i do ever have a special occasion i still have my long hair to style and i tihnk its a common mis conception shorter styles are easier because you actually have to do them id much rather throw my hair in a bobble nice n easy lol x

Im still in the process of growing my hair out from a pixie cut i had done feb 09 lol. its past my shoulders now. All i've done is have a trim, some layers cut in, a little side sweep fringe (which is a normal cut for me when its longer) and had some blonde put back in as i went from brilliant blonde to choc brown when preggers lol. Wanting to go blonde again now :thumbup:
xx

I'm growing mine out a bit now, just so I can tie it back again if I want to. I had it cut to a short bob because my hair is so fine and thin to start with, and then the post-partum shed just never stopped :dohh: Thanks PCOS! Well, also I was anaemic, and that didn't help. It's not quite so bad now, so I'm hoping that I can have it just above my shoulders, and it won't go too thin.

No, no, no, im growing my hair....its half way down my back, just below my bra strap line!

Im hoping for it to be a couple of inches longer then ill just keep trimming and maintaining it at that length!

I have my bro and SIL's weddings coming up in sept so i want nice long hair for an up-do and some tousled hairstyles too!!!

I had a POB when it first came 'in' and i regretted ever going that short, long hair just suits me better and makes me feel more youthful :rofl:

I had a long bob which I had cut when LO started pulling at it but I'm board of short hair now so I'm growing it again lol. I think I was possibly having a bit of a new mum identity crisis when I had it cut too lol.

My hair has always been really long. After my LO was born I was so sick of it and just really needed a change. I got it all cut off and it's just below my shoulders but still long enough to tie up. Everyone said it was lovely but my hubby wasn't shy in telling me he did not like it!! He prefers it longer. I'm probably gonna grow it a bit longer tbh. I sometimes wonder am I too old for longer hair. I'm 31 but look really young ( well so I'm told) so hoping to get away with it for another few years! Hopefully will look as good as Jennifer Anistons! Yea right! Xx

No, never! My hair is down to my waist and relatively easy to manage- I just run the straighteners through it when I do my makeup, takes 5 minutes or less :shrug:

My hair has always been really long. After my LO was born I was so sick of it and just really needed a change. I got it all cut off and it's just below my shoulders but still long enough to tie up. Everyone said it was lovely but my hubby wasn't shy in telling me he did not like it!! He prefers it longer. I'm probably gonna grow it a bit longer tbh. I sometimes wonder am I too old for longer hair. I'm 31 but look really young ( well so I'm told) so hoping to get away with it for another few years! Hopefully will look as good as Jennifer Anistons! Yea right! Xx

I asked DH if he'd be keen on me having short hair and he wasnt in slightest bit uncomfortable in telling me that he'd hate me to have it short....I often wonder why alot of blokes like long hair ... ?!

yup!! i went from long hair to a graduated bob, looks really nice n takes a minute to straighten so i still feel that i look good :) x

I always had really long hair, but once LO was born it got very thin and looked a mess, so i have gone for a short bob and love it, even my hubby loves it despite always saying never get it cut!!

I need to get it trimmed again, and to be honest i dont think i will have it long again

my hair grows ridiculously fast so I have to shave the back and re dye it every 2 weeks :3 keep meaning to grow it long but then I notice it getting straggly and crap and can't resist having a hack at it. I couldn't live with mummy hair, I'd go mad.

2 weeks ago i went from this

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1382.jpg

To this

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1387.jpg

It takes me less time to blow dry and straigten my hair than it did just to brush it before it was cut

Lozzy, the short style is fab, you look so pretty!

Was it hard having so much cut off?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->