the most embarrasing things about childbirth....

nikkip75

Reaction score
for ladies who have already had babies what do you think are the most embarrasing things about childbirth?

and for the ladies who are pregnant what do you dread about your upcoming childbirth?

im a private person and was dreading flashing my bits to all and sundry and i was terrified i might poo myself when i started pushing!

but i was so embarrased when i went into hospital and my second waters broke while i was standing at the reception desk giving my details, it was like niagra falls and the worst thing was the hospital was a new building and so the cafe behind me was FULL of workmen! they seen it all just as they were sitting eating their bacon butties!

then 2 midwives say they are going to look up inside and check that my waters have deffo all gone and they got this huge torch out and shone it right up there!!!! i said are you 2 going pot holing down there or somethin!!!

then the gas and air! well my oh is a bit of a piss taker and remembers any silly little thing you say and will rip you about later so the gas n air made me want to say the silliest things so everytime i took a puff i had to say nobody speak to me! they all thought i was crazy....

you really do loose a lot of dignity during childbirth but thank god we get away with it because once that little baby is out all is forgotten...

I guess it's embarissing sitting there with your legs up in those thingies getting your bits stitched up but after I'd just given birth to the most beautiful thing ever, I was far from embarissed.

Hmmm Well I've been there twice now!
With my first I remember needing to be sick so I made it to the sink and as I threw up my waters broke!!!!

As for the gas n air making you say odd things! about 14 hours into labour I came out with this! "Only those on safari really know" :rofl: Dp has never let me forget it either!

I don't think it's 'embarassing'. Maybe undignified is a more appropriate word but really, the docs and midwifes do it for a living.. I'm sure theyve seen 100x worse.

Hmmm Well I've been there twice now!
With my first I remember needing to be sick so I made it to the sink and as I threw up my waters broke!!!!

As for the gas n air making you say odd things! about 14 hours into labour I came out with this! "Only those on safari really know" :rofl: Dp has never let me forget it either!

:rofl: thats funny, where do these things come from!!!

another thing i remember from when i had my dd1, i woke up from having an emergency c-section and was saying to the nurse oooo look daddy the baby looks just like you, i hadnt even seen the baby yet! an then when they let my brother in to see me i was sayin to him go and get a nurse cos im weeing myself! i had a cathater in any, which is another thing in itself, being wheeled around in a chair to see your baby for the first time with a bag of pee hangin of the side is a little embarrasing!

hey i fought it was going to be so embarassin with my first showin men n midwifes my bits but coz i was in so much pain i really didnt care lol and also in theartre i was saying such stupid things like " i no why chantel won in big brother" " i no why fireman come to your door" lol mad i no but think thats embarassin x

I don't think it's 'embarassing'. Maybe undignified is a more appropriate word but really, the docs and midwifes do it for a living.. I'm sure theyve seen 100x worse.

yea but have 20 plus workmen sitting down to eat their breakfast???

and im not bothered about the midwives and doctors, its me!

an please remember this thread all a bit tongue in cheek!!!! im not saying its not a wonderful thing to go through but funny things DO happen during childbirth ya know....

an please remember this thread all a bit tongue in cheek!!!! im not saying its not a wonderful thing to go through but funny things DO happen during childbirth ya know....

..I know that. + you didn't really say funny things, you said embarassing.

To be honest once you're in labour/giving birth, you don't even think about what is on show or what you're saying!! I never even let my OH look at my lady bits properly because I was so private. Next thing you know I've got them spread to the world and it's mother and I couldn't have cared less!!!

I think its exposing myself to bunch of people... I just have to close my eyes and pretend it didn't happen. But then i was put on general aneasthesia so, I fell asleep and didn't bother what they are thinking.

..I know that. + you didn't really say funny things, you said embarassing.

oops sorry ill rephrase then , the FUNNY things that happen during childbirth.....

I don't think it's undignified atall.

I don't think it's undignified atall.

Really? I've not been through it before so I don't know for sure but I can't see being all sweaty, in pain, possibly pooping on the table, your bits hanging out etc etc being very dignified ;o

i was a student nurse on the gynae ward and honestly never looked at a womans bits as like any other part may as well been an ear i was looking at. so i'm not going to worry about that part, the initial pants down get on the table bit thats the worst part everything after that isnt soo bad, i think it depends on the individual really i'm a shy person and hate going for smears and things but once i'm in the room its not so bad.
the only thing thats different is my oh will be sat at the side of me this time but he's staying head end lol.

think the most embarassing thing when i was in labour with rosie was my waters broke and 14 yrs ago you had to go in by ambulance when i stood up in the ambulance more water came out wet the seat and the floor and my slippers, and the paramedic walked behind me holding my fluffy bunny eared slipper dripping wet with amniotic fluid lol
xx

worst thing for me was i pooped my self :( haha and that was before pushing!! gas n air made my whole body "relax" :rofl: poor mum had to clean me up i was in too much pain!!! oh then charlie pooped on his way out he had it on his head i kissed him....yes u gussed it poop on my lips!! OH went to kiss me n kinda shudderd! went to kiss my head relised i sum how had blood on it!....needless to say he gave up on kissing untill i was clean!!

worst thing for me was i pooped my self :( haha and that was before pushing!! gas n air made my whole body "relax" :rofl: poor mum had to clean me up i was in too much pain!!! oh then charlie pooped on his way out he had it on his head i kissed him....yes u gussed it poop on my lips!! OH went to kiss me n kinda shudderd! went to kiss my head relised i sum how had blood on it!....needless to say he gave up on kissing untill i was clean!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This all sounds absolutely wonderful! I can't wait! I'm not too bothered - I'm not easily embarassed - EVERYONE can 'av a look!!!!!!

haha neecee i feel the same! next time im gunna have a home birth and have all the family round for a party!! :rofl:

the only embarrasssing thing that happened for me was nearly throttling my midwife, i just got up on my knees and went to shake her by the shoulders but i caught myself on and pretended i needed a hug, should have seen her face!

other than that, you leave your dignity at the door on the way in and pick it back up on the way out, but really you dont give a damn i remember oh trying to cover me up with a blanket and me kicking it off and him saying he just didnt want everyone seeing the 'gunge' that was down there! hehe

That is like my worst fear, poop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->