the most embarrasing things about childbirth....

I am terrified of pooing myself!!! :blush: I know it is natural and apparently happens to many women and the nurses are more than used to clearing it up, but even so. Dread the thought :blush:

My worst fear was poop too! At that point though I wasn't bothered. The builders across the road could've come and taken a look and I wouldn't have cared. You completely lose all your inhabitions. However I agree with Toria, it's not undignified. Woman were meant to give birth, there is nothing more natural and dignified that a woman can do IMO :)

I don't think it's 'embarassing'. Maybe undignified is a more appropriate word but really, the docs and midwifes do it for a living.. I'm sure theyve seen 100x worse.

I don't think it's undignified atall.

Really? I've not been through it before so I don't know for sure but I can't see being all sweaty, in pain, possibly pooping on the table, your bits hanging out etc etc being very dignified ;o

I'm with Blah, I think childbirth (the actual delivery) is pretty damn undignified. That doesn't mean there is anything unnatural or dishonourable about the process, quite the contrary. But it's pretty hard to be dignified when you're pushing a baby out!

Beforehand, I was so worried about my mum seeing my bits - I kept saying "you better not go that end!!". Once I was in pain, all was forgotten.. I couldn't care who was there to be honest, I was in the birthing pool with it all hanging out! lmao
I was scared to poo myself
The fact I hadn't shaved or plucked my eyebrows etc was also embarrassing.

i didnt find anything embarrassing i remember crying on my other half after i had taken too much gas and air saying 'your never going to want to sleep with me again'

I threw up, all over myself right before the pushing stage! It was really gross and apparently lime green in color :shock: though I didn't know it at the time. Than because I'd gotten so dehydrated during the birth they wouldn't let me take a shower until 12 hours later (had to be kept on an IV drip for hours)...the entire time still had throw up in my hair :rofl: didn't care though because I'd just given birth to the most perfect thing in the world!

i didnt find anything embarrassing i remember crying on my other half after i had taken too much gas and air saying 'your never going to want to sleep with me again'

:rofl:

So that's why my OH never has sex with me anymore!! He was forced to watch the action by the midwives lol

I threw up, all over myself right before the pushing stage! It was really gross and apparently lime green in color :shock:

I did this when I was at home in labour. Right after a mcdonalds :sick: it was so bad we had to get a new duvet!

I think the most embarrassing part was when i was pushing with my dd i kept weeing little bits! I thought i'd got away with not pooing but dh says i did!

All way thru i wanted to pee and cudnt within minutes of him being born i wee,d loads and cudnt feel it coming out

This all sounds absolutely wonderful! I can't wait! I'm not too bothered - I'm not easily embarassed - EVERYONE can 'av a look!!!!!!

Yes, you will beg for the to check you AKA stick their hand up there to see if your ready to push it out and be over with the pain!

oh and if you asked me pooping is the worst thing, I did not even mind the cath in my va jay jay... I request an enema or do one at home.... They always seem so bothered when I want one... and ask WHY?????

well... don't want to crap in your face!

I asked my mum if they could give you enemas beforehand and she seemed really confused. She said it had never occured to her that you could poo yourself and she really didn't seem to understand my concern.
The poop on the head story is so so funny!

The funniest thing is how you have set things you want to happen and it never ever goes that way. I was dead set on not being naked, I didnt want my mum and sister seeing me naked lol and when the midwifes wanted me to get out the pool for a wee they said just take your nightie off so I did and after that I was walking around naked with everything on show lol and didnt care. Also when they wanted to transfer me in the ambulance I kept saying I need my knickers give me my knickers lol and they all laughed and said you have a cover on dont worry. I was also scared of pooing, During the pushing stage all I was bothered about was 'Im gonna poo, Im gonna poo' and was determined to go to the loo. The midwifes kept laughing saying stop thinking about it and if you need to so just do it here. My god so embarrasin but its normal, apparently shows your pushing properly! I was so embarrased for days after but now I can laugh at it. My gorgeous son is worth it all .

I don't think I'm worrying anything. After all, the whole affair of pregnancy is pretty undignified. I mean, look at some of the topics that crop up on this forum. There's no way in hell before pregnancy I would ever have discussed lady bits and associated things with people.

Umm the most emabrassing thing for me was me screaming at the midwifes i needed a poo and to let me get the hell up and go :rofl:. (i didnt need a poo, i needed to push lol)

but i think when your in labour all your dignity goes out the window anyway and you will really end up not caring ( i know in the end when i was laying on the bed legs wide apart, i didnt care who looked as long as i got Aidan out).
xx:hugs:

Well i have to say this has made me UBER excited about childbirth....errrr NOT!!!
And i am going nowhere near that bloody gas and air knowing my luck i will come out with shiiiitttt!!! Lol

What they USED to do was this:

a woman came to the hospital in in labour. They shaved your pubic area + gave you an enema as well. They expected you to moan, groan, writhe on the bed and scream your head off throughout and not handle the contractions at all, this was supposed to hurt - a la 'original sin' and all that - a punishment.

Once you were ready to give birth, they took you into the delivery room, tied your arms and legs down, gave you ether and always pulled the baby out with forceps. Then insisted you stay way from the baby for at least 5 days - you could look at it through the nursery window only, and you HAD to stay in the hossie for those 5 days as well. Breast-feeding wasn't allowed. Giving birth was 'supposed' to be a traumatic event - and the dictates at the time made sure it was!

NO rights, no dignity, no choices, I am glad I am having a baby now and not in the 40's + 50's!

So do I expect to be embarrassed? NOPE! Even a student midwife will have seen lots before getting to me, and so what if I poop, or say silly things, I've got better things to worry about right then, don't we all? And the same goes for afterwards - you and your OH might remember something said, but will the staff that looked after you? Nope!

Aaah I went into transition two minutes into a bath at the hospital. The labour suite was up the other end of the corridor, so I ended up being wheeled wet, nekkid and screaming past LOADS of stunned nervous fathers to be..
I was past caring at that point.

The most embarrasing part of labor was my OH. He was so nervous, he totally clammed up and didnt talk at all. The nurses were just talking to us and stuff and he sat there, looking like a spaced out psycho with a stick up his (_I_)... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->