The most unusual/uncommon boys' names you've heard?

Yes a couple of those that you've both just mentioned are on my list, but I can't get DH to agree :shrug:

Your dh likes "normal" names, you said? It makes it difficult when both aren't on the same page, not even similar taste. At least that's how we are. We're not even on the same page concerning parenting! Ugh. Although I do feel I have more say just because I'm with her 80% of the day, everyday of the week.

I'll look out for more names for you.

Your dh likes "normal" names, you said? It makes it difficult when both aren't on the same page, not even similar taste. At least that's how we are. We're not even on the same page concerning parenting! Ugh. Although I do feel I have more say just because I'm with her 80% of the day, everyday of the week.

I'll look out for more names for you.

Can I run this one past you as you're definitely on the same wavelength from the sounds? I just can't rest until I have a name! Ok so I've always loved Indy. It was in my top 3 originally, but I just couldn't find a longer version that it could be shortened from. I'd read Indiana, but wasn't keen. Then there's Indio and Indigo, but not really fan of either and I think the latter is more girly. Anyway so I've finally discovered Rinaldo. I'm actually getting quite excited about this one. It should be normal enough for DH. It's Italian and his Mum was part Italian. Best of all though I think I can legitimately shorten to Indy and its a transitional name that will carry through to adulthood. If DH doesn't like Indy as a nickname as much as I do he could call him Rin or Al or anything really. What do you think? xx

My cousin is named Zane, I just love that name!!

Yes my DH even suggested that one himself (can't believe he's actually thought outside the box for once). Can I ask what nicknames your cousin gets? Anything you can think of? Just with me being Australian we always nn people and Zane's a hard one.

Hmmm, to be honest I don't think I've ever heard a nickname for him! I think because Zane is so short and 1 syllable it's not really nicknameable?

My cousin is named Zane, I just love that name!!

Yes my DH even suggested that one himself (can't believe he's actually thought outside the box for once). Can I ask what nicknames your cousin gets? Anything you can think of? Just with me being Australian we always nn people and Zane's a hard one.

Hmmm, to be honest I don't think I've ever heard a nickname for him! I think because Zane is so short and 1 syllable it's not really nicknameable?

Yeah that's ok. I was thinking the same myself really, xx

Well, you could name him Ozymandias and then there would be someone with the same name as my son! Seriously, I'll be really surprised if I ever meet anyone who has that name. We call him Oz or Ozzy for short, but not sure how you'd feel about that living in Australia!

I've noticed a trend towards old fashioned names (some of them are biblical too). Some examples are:

Ezekiel
Elijah
Hezekiah (never heard of anyone naming their son that, but I think it's a cool name)
Augustus
Henry
Orion
Judah

I've heard of your son's name before, but only ever read it on lists, never met anyone. Elijah is beautiful. A friend today who has a straight Eli said we can use it if we really love it. DH does like Eli, but I like the full version :flower:

I love Eli too, actually I love Elijah as well, but hubby wasn't a big fan of Elijah, if we had gone that route I think he would have wanted Eli on the birth certificate.

We love:
Madden
Clae
Roman
Rome
Cairo

Hope you settle on your name :) xx

Ooh I like Rinaldo! Are you going to go with this name? Or...have you brought it up to dh husband yet?

And I'll look out for names that can be shortened or nicknamed to Indy. In case.

Ooh I like Rinaldo! Are you going to go with this name? Or...have you brought it up to dh husband yet?

Yes well arguing over it again last night. He reckons he can't pronounce Elijah and has never heard of it (I think he's full of BS), Rinaldo I think is a definite no, but I did get a "Indy is kind of ok on its own". So I think I'm left with Arlo or Indy, xx

Oh goodness, I had just realized you're 36 weeks. Okay, well, both names are cute. If you ask for my opinion, I like Indy over Arlo. Maybe do a drawing?

Oh goodness, I had just realized you're 36 weeks. Okay, well, both names are cute. If you ask for my opinion, I like Indy over Arlo. Maybe do a drawing?

Yep or could wait until we see him. I'm kinda ok having two names sitting there or at least one. Maybe two is better. I've just always had my babies' names chosen before they were born. Always been open to changing them if they didn't suit, but it's been really hard not knowing this time. I love Indy. My only worry is that it won't translate as well across to adulthood as Arlo will. That's why I felt compelled to find a longer name for it (and to keep DH happy). I'd ask friends, but I'm sick of negative reactions especially when I'm down to two names. If I get disheartened about these ones then that's it, I truly will give up!

I like for unusual
Archer
Shamus pronounced Shay-Mus
Greyson saw that on another thread today liked it
Peyton could also be girl name though so up to you
Arie
Jameson

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads