The name John

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts please?

It's not very common anymore but it's my great uncles name so I'm thinking of using it, so would be John Mark B.....
What does everyone think?

I don't like johnathan but think that Johnny or Johnno would be quite nice for a little boy?

I like it. Not a lot of little boys with John as a name where I live.

What are everyone's thoughts please?

It's not very common anymore but it's my great uncles name so I'm thinking of using it, so would be John Mark B.....
What does everyone think?

I don't like johnathan but think that Johnny or Johnno would be quite nice for a little boy?

That's my hubby's name, so maybe I'm biased... but I love it! He's Johnny to me.

I love it, was my grandads name and was on my list!

I like John a lot, but I'm not a huge fan of Jonathan or Johnny.

I like it :) We were going to use it for our son as my grandfather's name was John but my sister used it for her son (Scott John). In the end we used Emlyn as it was his middle name - our son's name is Thomas Emlyn :)

I'm just not sure if I love it?
But then I don't actually think a boys name that I love does exist?! Lol

John is an extremely common name where I live (it's also spell Jon a lot of the time). It isn't a bad name though. My first real boyfriend was a Johnny and my step-dad is a Jon.

John is an extremely common name where I live (it's also spell Jon a lot of the time). It isn't a bad name though. My first real boyfriend was a Johnny and my step-dad is a Jon.

It's not even in the top 100 here in the UK

I figured as much. It's a very common name in the US though.

I adore the name John! I think it's a nice, strong name. John is a extremely common name on my dad's side of the family. Every generation had a John.

in the UK they're are lots of Johns but not from the last 20 years or so as the nickname for John became common place (taking number 1 for over 10 years) so John was replaced by Jack

I was just saying to my friends that I really like John the other day, it's the older generation that were all called John, nowadays, it's an unusual baby name.

that's what hubby wants to name our boy (if it's a boy) i like the name John, but not Jonathan or johnny. though it is still quite common where we are, but it's a classic name.

I'm in the UK and would see it as a fairly normal common name, I know a few.

Johnny is nice and they will get that regardless but Jonno makes me think of travellers randomly. I have been watching too much Big Fat gypsy Wedding!

I love the name John, but that's my OH's name so I'm a little biased :haha:

Our first born boy we want to name John Joseph, as he'll be the III!

We'll probably nickname him JJ though, to save confusion from my OH. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->