~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

ow i love the look of them blueberries, i'm failing to convince the OH they're worth the money though!

Hope Ernie gets better :hugs:

ooh i love the blueberrys!! even dh liked them-we both loved the green camo one.............i feel an arm twisting moment coming on!! :rofl:

ow i love the look of them blueberries, i'm failing to convince the OH they're worth the money though!

Hope Ernie gets better :hugs:

Try telling him how much money you'll SAVE by using reusables rather than disposables!

We used Bambino Mios at first, they fit in the wraps just fine if you use the "newborn"/"boy" fold in the instructions. Hard to describe it, but you fold it over by one third horizontally then both sides into the middle vertically following the seams.

We now use Bum Genius and I love them! We use them all day every day, even when out and about, I take a couple with me in his changing bag.

We use eco disposables at night but am wondering about stopping that if I can find a cloth nappy I am happy to leave him in for 6 hours +

I have one Blueberry which I got when I was getting a load of different ones to try. It was too bulky on him before but he's grown into it so it's back in use now and I might get a couple more at some point soon.

Hun, I put Leo in a blueberry for bed. I use the insert that comes with them and I nick one from one of my bum genius anf that keeps him dry and comfy all night! Ok, its quite bulky but for bed, who cares?

Oh btw, he has his green camo one on tonight! will post a pic in the morning:cloud9:

Hi ladies! I am v v v interesten in using cloth nappies but i have a few Q's if thats ok?

How many do you need?
How absorbant are they compaired to disposables?
Do they protect against nappy rash as good as pampers? (always used pampers, never had a rash on either bum :) )
How much in honesty, to start up with a full set of nappies (approx)

Thanx in advance xx

Hi ladies! I am v v v interesten in using cloth nappies but i have a few Q's if thats ok?

How many do you need?
i'd say that depends on how often you are prepared to wash.
I think they're equally absorbant, especially the bumgenius, infact i may even go as far to say as BG's better than pampers/huggies.
Do they protect against nappy rash as good as pampers? (always used pampers, never had a rash on either bum :) )
we've never had an issue with rash in dispoasbles/cloth
I think that depends on how you go about it. whether you decide to get a few trial packs first or not etc. Check if your local council run any incentive schemes for using reusables, some give vouchers towards the purchase of nappies, some only offer a laundy service but it's worth checking. Realistically sets are about £100 new from retailers.

Thanx in advance xx

Hope thats some help

How many do you need?
We have 12 in frequent circulation and I wash every other day atm as Jack only goes through 4-5 a day and he's in disposables at night. Looks like we are going to go full time so will top up with about 6 more to get through 24 hours and still wash every other day.

In all honesty I'd say the disposables we use are more absorbent. He can go all night in a disposable but his cloth really needs to be changed about every 3-4 hours. But, the pockets, like Bum Genius and Blueberry have a fleece layer against baby's skin, which wicks the moisture well away from the skin. So the inserts come out very heavy after a few hours, but the skin stays dry.

Only ever had any redness when using disposables full time for the first three weeks-ish.

It depends on which brand and how many you get. I've probably spent £300, but that's because I got a lot of different ones to try and then splashed out on a bundle of 10 of my favourites. You can usually get bundles of a brand, which is cheaper than buying them individually. Definitely check your council for incentives. Bristol and many other councils do a £20 voucher when you spend £50 or more. Bradford do a trial kit with 2 samples, bucket and liners. For a nice cost effective way to try different brands check out this site: https://www.babykind.co.uk/nappytrial.htm

It's really addictive once you start! There will always be other brands that catch your eye that you want to try :winkwink:

For some reason i can't use the thanx button but thanks lil bump and shifter.

How do u clean the nappies with regards to poop, do you drop it in the loo then put them in the washer or is there a tecnique (sp?) Sorry for all the Qs but i'm really considering using these nappies xx

How do u clean the nappies with regards to poop, do you drop it in the loo then put them in the washer or is there a tecnique (sp?) Sorry for all the Qs but i'm really considering using these nappies xx

you live near me, im going to team valley tomorrow to get a trial pack and have a look at the different kinds

i think i might have a look down there myself. OH has to go out today so it will kill some time :) i always spend a fortune in mothercare world :muaha: xx

Hello Girlies :hi:

I've just seen this thread - good name Jac! I've just bought a few Tots Bots to try and am really excited!!!!

I've been reading through what you girls are saying and think I may try some Bum Genius AIO's too (hope that's right)!

So...if I get on well, I may well be joining you too! :happydance:

x

I just shake the loose poo into the toilet and then I hold the dirty nappy over the bath and spray the rest off with the shower head on jet. This gets rid of most of the dirt! Or you can use flushable liners inside your nappies and then just flush that with the poop down the loo too.

Hello Girlies :hi:

I've just seen this thread - good name Jac! I've just bought a few Tots Bots to try and am really excited!!!!

I've been reading through what you girls are saying and think I may try some Bum Genius AIO's too (hope that's right)!

So...if I get on well, I may well be joining you too! :happydance:

x

I dont rate tots bots Laurie, all mine have leaked. So you might be a bit disappointed. Welcome to the club hunny:hugs:

i think i might have a look down there myself. OH has to go out today so it will kill some time :) i always spend a fortune in mothercare world :muaha: xx

to be completely honest, I dont rate the store bought nappies, ie mothercare.....I would go with bum genius, you wont go wrong........

heres a starter kit i bought and Ive not been disapointed at all:thumpup:

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/140/109/birth-to-potty-nappy-kit

and a full kit..

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/85/109/your-complete-nappy-kit--plus-

It may sound a little expensive, but if you think how much your likely to spend on disposables then its a bargain, and next to blueberrys, they are the dogs b******s!

Hi girls, i'm joining early but i'm all ready for my little fluffy bum :D Got a mixture of fitteds, pockets and AIOs :D Got Tots Bots and Little Lambs in bamboo and cotton :D, bumgenius, fuzzi bunz and my favs, itti bitti d'lish :D

Oooh how do you find the itti bitti's??? I havnt tried those yet. They look pretty similar to the blueberrys?

LO isn't due for 6 weeks so not tried them yet but on 2 forums I go on with cloth bum mums, they all love them :D They are just the cutest little things and so so slim and soft :D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ZRVic/DSCF9538.jpg

Here they are :D

Ohh thats it! Youve set me off again................:dohh:

(goes off to google itti bitti's)

:muaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members