~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

By the way, I thought it was rocket science to fold the prefolds up but I have just seen a video of it and it didnt look harder than folding paper fliers or ships (which I can still do today from the samllest piece of paper :haha:) Of course you don't have a fidgeting baby , but It didnt look so hard and especially for new born it is a great support. Did any of you use a bit of everything(prefolds and fitteds?)

Does anybody else struggle with negative comments about Their choices? I let my mil (who never cloth bummed and ff) and my mum (who used terries and breastfed) talk me out of a lot of choices when I was pregnant with my first and he was tiny. I wanted to use cloth but the convinced me it was really hard and I wouldn't manage, I struggled to breastfeeding due to his reflux and ended up with no supply at 4 months because I was topping up on mils advice, and this time I know I'm going to do things my way. I've showed my mum the modern cloth and she's quite impressed, but mil isn't interested, she thinks I'm being 'silly'. I plan to get as much support as I can with bf this time and want to go for a lot longer as I really enjoyed it. The only thing I struggle with my mum with is babywearing. She wore me and I wore Lucas in what I later realised was a crotch dangler which killed my back. Now I do have nasty spd and a weak back when I'm not pregnant but I'm trying to explain that I'm not buying a double buggy until I've given babywearing a go! Lucas goes in a pushchair and most likely still will when new baby arrives but I want to try a stretchy sling for the newborn- is this reasonable with a dodgy back? my mum seems to think I won't be able to.

I'm fed up with doubting my decisions - I end up questioning whether cloth is for us and if I will be able to carry baby and not use a double... Sorry for the rant!

If people are hassling you about the babywearing, just pretend you're being stingy/sensible! If you use a wrap for the first several months and then find you want a double, you probably won't need a 'suitable from birth' double buggy so that will open up your options and make it a lot cheaper to get one when you do. We did that - I wanted a double but thought I'd give wearing one and pushing the other a chance (I'd worn my older kid so I knew it would be fine) and managed to avoid getting a double so saved us a ton of money.

I really struggled with BF first time and gave up at three weeks due to following some very poor advice. Second time round though it's been an absolute doddle! In the 2 years since my first was born I've been around more parents who BF and have picked up so much knowledge without even realising, as well as confidence in myself as a parent. I wouldn't worry about BF - you know so much more this time so you will make it work.

I wouldn't talk to MIL about nappies. I don't think I've ever spoken to mine about... well... anything :rofl: but even if I did chat to her I probably wouldn't. It's none of her business!

By the way, I thought it was rocket science to fold the prefolds up but I have just seen a video of it and it didnt look harder than folding paper fliers or ships (which I can still do today from the samllest piece of paper :haha:) Of course you don't have a fidgeting baby , but It didnt look so hard and especially for new born it is a great support. Did any of you use a bit of everything(prefolds and fitteds?)

You can have them all ready folded too so it's really easy. I used a bit of everything although the prefolds I had were too small. We've recently started using terries though - it's been great!

fidgit: you will find that you are a lot stronger and more confident as a second time mom. I really just find myself ignoring people all the time and doing what I want. I have an attitude of "I've done this before and I know what I am doing".

So is the quality of prefold/nappy squares different in the Uk or US to germany ? I have read on a German site that they either lose all their fluff after only few washes or that they are rather thin and that you need two , and still have to fold them a lot more- so maybe theres a diff?.

I hope though they are reliable ones out there but at least they should be under the stupid protectionistic regulations which stops you from importing (in the case of AIOS and fitted)totsbots and fuzzybuns . :( I think they do it to make people buy at the local vendors for them but there are only 1 or two shops that actually do. :( )
So far I have ordered about 11 fitted from various flea market sites of 3 different brands (diddy diaper, bamboozles and swaddle bees, aiming to get some other brands when I find some.:) Havent got any wraps yet though, but I definitely also look into the prefolds one the proper ones :).

Whoo Hoo!!! Super win for cloth diapering!! Just called the daycare that's #1 on my list and spoke with the director about the possibility of accepting a cloth diapered infant. She was definitely a little hesitant at first but I very quickly explained the benefits and how easy cloth diapers are and she said she had no problem with it and we would just need to educate the infant teachers on proper sanitation techniques. I feel like shouting from a rooftop! I was so expecting to be shut down about daycares accepting cloth...guess people are more open minded than I thought!

Oops im busy bringing up a newborn a toddler and an 7 yr old :haha:

A 3 colour pocket in small, red dotty minkee at the front, yellow dotty in middle and green dotty at the back. With the cloth nappies rule embroidery with red/green/yellow stars and yellow Velcro fastening

it sounds really pretty :D

do you know in WN do newborn nappies?

Yep they do small side snap nappies that fit 8-16lb and small front fastneing velcro ones too in same size :)

8lb sounds a little big for newborn, has anyone tried them? are they an okay fit? :flower:

:haha:

I'm going to be using Disana tie ons for the bulk of our newborn stash, I've read only good reviews about them and oh so cheap!!!!! I really want to get a custom wrap from WN but I'm really not sure about the sizing :dohh:

I culdnt be bothered with havng to make them to size, add boosters etc and tie them for each change. No way hubby would have used them either.

Vanilla they fitted fine on my 8lb9oz baby :) The small sidesnaps are neater fit than the small pocket nappy, with wraps the standard ones are massive and will fit longer than 5-10lb they say! If you want a trimmer fit go for the northern light wrap they are pretty much true to size x

hey all hope all ok :)

We not using cloth on Mckenzie now :-( as pt but using up the disposable pads we got from mothercare with wraps for nap and bed time. But have a full stash for baby which is a long way off but also tempted to get a starter kit which my local nappacino are selling £18 for 10 terries, 2 popplin wraps and nipper.

I went into mothercare wednesday and have hardly any reusable nappies now but the disposable liners have new packaging in blue now I asked if they were re-branding but she didn't know but also said they don't get much reusable in the shop (small stock room) better to look on line. I then looked in Boots and they had Mio solo nappies on the shelf!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->