The Office (At work? Bored? Need some advice? Come chat!)

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Hope this is ok to have a work thread, for those of us stuck in the office :coffee:

Just seen a lot of threads on BnB about work issues, interviews, etc so thought it might be nice to have one thread were we can all chat about work problems, issues, ask each other for advice and basically kill some time until 5pm! :lol:

So working girls :)lol:) what does everyone do, and whats your job like?

I'm an assistant manager in a restaurant. I'm always on the go and it's pretty much non-stop. I'm currently on my last day of vacation and thinking about all the work that I need to do :cry:.

I used to do that, but the food & beverage side was just not my thing. Too much on my feet and go-go-go all the time. Do you enjoy it usually?

Going back to work after a holiday is never nice though :hugs:

I love my job and its great money but its so overwhelming, its like it never stops, even when I go home. I would love to have one of those jobs where its over when your actual work day ends tho :rofl:

edit: do they exist? :rofl:

I don't think so, and certainly not in the hospitality business :rofl: I've even been checking my emails on my days off.

It was funny my boss has this list of stuff that I need to have finished by the end of the month and then he told me to enjoy my vacation and told me not to work on it. I'm thinking when the hell am I supposed to get all of this stuff done with the pile that I already have to do daily?

Just realised the time :dohh: 4:45pm and I'm supposed to pick Niamh up at 5pm. No idea where the day is gone and I still have loads to do. Arrrrgh!

Better take some home with me I guess!

Today is a nightmare :dohh:

Taken work home, and loads of it to do for tomorrow. (really, there should be two people doing my job!) and have Niamh on my own as OH is working late and the house is a tip and I haven't even started dinner yet.

Roll on the weekend!

Oh, I never get chance to use BnB at work, only on my lunch break sometimes, but that's only a log-in & a quick check on my phone! :blush:

But I work in a pre-school! :happydance: Love my job. Basically, we each have a key group (in line with the EYFS) & we concentrate mainly on that group of children. We have to help them learn to write, read, learn numbers & the alphabet, as well as good manners, morals etc! :thumbup:
But we do a lot of play, and what we do teach them is child led learning. So, if they didn't want to do something, we couldn't force them to. We do a lot of physical activity & teaching the children about healthy eating, health, excersise etc!

It's an amazingly rewarding job, but again, it's one of those jobs that you can't just go home & forget about! :dohh:

That sounds great hun, and really rewarding! Must be nice not to be in an office, and having every day different :) You sound far too busy to be using BnB at work anyway :lol:

I dont get on here at work really.

I work for a computer firm doing purchase ledger and accounts. Im going to start studying to a professional level soon so I can start moving up in the world! I have AAT but Im going to start doing either ACCA or CIMA :)

That sounds great hun, and really rewarding! Must be nice not to be in an office, and having every day different :) You sound far too busy to be using BnB at work anyway :lol:

Oh gosh, I couldn't have an office job. I need to be doing something all the time, which is why it's the right job for me :thumbup: I never get the chance to sit down really. It feels so nice when the parents come up to you & say "Thank you for helping my so & so with this!" or the children tell you they love you, & they want cuddles all the time. It's so much nicer than being told what to do all the time (Although the children try to tell you what to do sometimes as well)

There is a lot of work though, kind of behind the scenes that people don't see or think we have to do. The amount of paperwork we have is amazing. Oh, I could go on about my job all day. I love it! :cloud9: x

I'm an Adoption Panel Clerk which is very hard work and you need an emotional wall up to be able to deal with listening to some of the cases. I am lucky that when I finish I can come home, talk to DH about my day and the kinda of forget about it though saying that it is always on my mind what I've got to get done the next day! Sometimes I bring work home with me if I don't have enough hours in the day and I would rather at least be at home so I can be with my family and talk to them even though I'm still working - better than being stuck in the office late by myself! Plus I work flexi time so I can log my hours and build up the additional hours I work and take the time off at a later stage which is very handy and nice!

See, I could come on from work but I really don't want anyone there knowing about the site and then popping on, seeing my posts and knowing we are trying for a bubs and then you can imagine!!

I soooooooooooo miss it during the day as had got so used to it!!

xxx

I wouldn't be able to come on at work as it would be blocked and I really wouldn't have a chance to at all.

I do a variety of things, main job is putting jobs online but I also moderate Stuff4sale and get to ban / warn people when there naughty.

Its boring as hell atm as its alot quieter compared to last year :(

How we doing today girls? Surely I can't be the only one skivving on her lunch break :lol: The chef here has just brought me in a HUGE batch of tablet. I don't know if you girls know what it is, but its a scottish sweet and they are still warm from the stove. Mmmmm

That sounds yummy! I can't use BnB from work, but I'm off on leave this week :) xx

can't believe you at 17 weeks already hun! Thats flown by! How you feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->