The Office (At work? Bored? Need some advice? Come chat!)

why is it when i need works trousers nowhere sells my length! dont they supply lankie ladies trousers anymore lol

Just get some cheap ones from Tesco :) They do long trousers

Hey girls

I work in Customer Services for a company that provide serviced offices and conferencing facilities, It is pretty much dead here at the moment. I have taken to clearing out cupboards and generally sorting the place out.

Tracie I have the opposite problem, Ill send you the 2ft I have to cut off the end of mine lol

x

I'm frightened by the amount of work that i have to do before I go into work today.

I work in a supermarket on the checkouts, how glamourous! NOT!

I want to work in an office as I love answering telephones and sorting things out. Ideally I'd like to work in a travel agents but nowhere will take me on as I have no receptionist experience :( xx

Have you looked into doing an NVQ in admin? :D

Look into a college course hun :) Just today I was up at our local college interviewing people for work experience, and we try and give them a job afterwards at the hotel. You could do it in your evenings for a year and you'll meet a lot of people in the industry that way.

Yeah but unfortunately I need to pay for college courses and cant afford it :( and it would be very hard doing a college course and part time job with 2 kids!

You might be entitled to learning credits, you never know :) My sister was going to go to college and it was just one evening a week for 2 hours. I think it might be worth looking into for you.

If not, maybe put your CV into an agency and let them sell you a bit to employers. Maybe do some temp work to build up experience.

I'm a Marketing Manager which is very deadline driven so quite stressful, the good thing I generally don't bring work home. There's not much I can do without full access to systems at work which they protect with all their might, so!

I drive home with hubby, moan about my day, and then I get to relax so although I hate it 70% of the time, it's well paid and the hours aren't bad. I cope! Especially now I know I'll be having a year off for mat leave next year!!!

im seriously thinking asda.. that or primark. god i cnt wait 2 start work its been ages... im a bar bitch for anyone whos intrested

Hope everyone has a great day at work, I'm off to hem some pants and eat something as well as do some research before heading into work.

Thanks Kirstin and Nic I have just applied to my local college for an apprenticeship which will get me £95 a week which is £1 a week less than what I currently get at Morrisons!! So I can earn and learn at the same time. OMG I am so excited. OH works at the college and he is picking up an application form for me tonight and I have forward my CV to the lady who deals with it and she said she will forward it to the sales team asap to try and get me sorted as soon as possible! OMG EEEEEEEEEE :happydance: Thanks again gilrs!! Your my new best friends LO, I've been wanting to get away from Morrisons for ages!!! xx

woo :happydance:

I was actually going to reply to your post about not being able to afford it to tell you look into apprenticeships

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"