RealRuby
Swaddell
Giggly_girl88
Lisalou31
Butterfly24 Butts Out 4/10/10
Damita
Hays :)
Ashelywants1

Any one wanting to Kick the Butts for Good your more the welcome to be added to the 'Butts out Members'
If you want to add a quit date or try to cut down.
Smoking is very difficult to give up so if you do have a slip up(myself included)
Dont admit defeat just take it as a blip and carry on smoke free:happydance:
This is a support thread and we do not want any negative views or judgements as we are trying to break the habit​

https://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8282/butts2.gif

Pre-pregnancy
Smoking makes it harder to conceive, irrespective of which partner smokes.

Both female and male smokers have lower fertility levels, while adults who were born to mothers who smoked have less chance of becoming a parent themselves. Smoking also reduces the chances of IVF succeeding.

It's thought nicotine reduces a woman's fertility by affecting the production of hormones that are necessary for pregnancy. Smoking also impedes the transportation of the egg through the Fallopian tubes to the womb.

Male smokers tend to have a sperm count that is 15 per cent lower than that of non-smokers. Smoking can also:

reduce the amount of semen
harm the motility of sperm, ie their ability to move around
affect their shape.
Smoking can also affect the blood vessels that supply the penis, causing erection problems.

If you're trying for a baby, all of the above could impair fertility.

Quitting smoking will increase your ability to conceive and your likelihood of success with IVF

Nhs Quit Line UK 08000224332​

I will be quitting once I get my BFP cold turkey!! Good luck girly!

iv decided to quit bcos dr said it can lower ur chances of concieving.
a non smoker had double then chances then non smoker x

good luck babe hope it goes well :thumbup:

i tried but failed miserably! wish i had the determination to go thru with it...but will def quit when my BFP comes along xxx

My quit date came and went.... still smoking :dohh:

Though I did quit for a couple of days after I saw my imaginary line!

its not to late to quit hun.......
i quit for 10months last yr and lost 3 1/2 stone :)
needless to say im bk smoking and eating lol

I quit last week, using nicorette icy white chewing gum!!! Was smoking around 12 a day, now i either smoke any or on bad days up to 3! so im doing alot better then i thought i ever would!

Good luck xx

I quit last week, using nicorette icy white chewing gum!!! Was smoking around 12 a day, now i either smoke any or on bad days up to 3! so im doing alot better then i thought i ever would!

Good luck xx

wow well done you

i cant cut down or itll creep up again i have to knock right on the head lol x

yeh i no i didnt want to cut down but its kind of happened that way lol

im slowly kicking the need to have one out of habit you know? the chewing gum is pretty good, so hopefully i'll get there!!!

xx

DH and I quit 5 months ago..or I would so quit with you! We got the inhailer from the doctors but it tatste like butt,,,,really nasty. I did a bit of looking around on the internet and it only takes 24-48 hours for the nicotine to leave your body. a bit longer for the rest of the junk. The nicotine is what makes you crave a smoke. So we decided to just suck it up and die for two days...then after that its just fighting the habbit of smoking. and after about a week you hardly notice at all...I smokes for about 10 years my DH for 15 , so YOU CAN DO IT!!!!it just cost to much to keep doing it

thanks for ur support here in the uk drs will give u everyhting to give up costs about 7-14 pound as nhs funds it x

yeah free health care would be AWSOME!!! Obama is trying...but so many people around here are afraid of change... I wish you alllll the luck in the world! If you have questions or wanna talk to somone who has been there.

A side note. I decided to quit, one because Of cost but two because I smoked though both my children as I was unable to quit. I did cut back though...anyhow both had low birth weight. and my son had a bunch of other problems when he was born....he only weight 5 10' and was having issues breathing...Had to go to NICU for about a hour after he was born. I didnt even get to hold him. Also he was about a month early because I had extra water...lots extra. All of this can be caused by smoking. I dont say this to scare you, but I still to this day feel guilty that I wasnt strong enough to quit when I needed too...so when we decided to try again it was the first thing on my list..PLUS like was said before not smoking HELPS concive lol

I hope I didnt sound too preachy!!!!( I hated that when I was a smoker lol)

No u dont sound preachy....lol

I want to give up b4 we concieve,i would have given up as soon as bfp anyway....
we have been ttc for 20 months now :(
My dh hates me smoking and would leave me if i smoke when pregnant. x

Omg I need a quit smoking buddy, I always thought I would wait until BFP but I am thinking I need to cut down and quite before otherwise it is going to be so hard..

It's not just me though DH smokes as well so that is going to be hard to get him to quit

well if ur seriously up for it! we will quit together x

Good luck xx

What is the gum like?

the gum is minging......im going cold turkey
have a think about it...if ur serious we will set a date like tommorow?
no time like the present :haha:

:haha: keen lady ;) I know I am just putting it off being a wimp, okay I'll do it :)

well if ur seriously up for it! we will quit together x

Really? That would be cool :happydance: I think I might cut down to 3 a day then it should be easier or just go cold turkey?

I tried to do 100's or the longer ones then would smoke half at a time...helpred cut back also , suger free mints...when I wanted a smoke I would just pop one of those!like i siad though after a while we just went cold turkey as it was like taking off a band aid...always better to just rip it off :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->