The Official Butts Out,quit smoking Thread

Mind if I join you guys? I quit smoking on 21st December using Nicquitin Mini Lozenges, so nearly 2 weeks down. Good luck to everyone else who has quit or trying to quit!

hey :wave:

im TTC#1 and finding it sooo difficult to give up. i have no willpower whatsoever. i smoke between 5-10 a day but i really want to give up as the OH hates it, it eats all my money and obv the fact it affects fertility.

anyone with me to stop tomorrow and go thru it together?

i gave up 3 months 4 days ago(when i started this thread!) best thing i ever did was quit,,good luck un,
if u need motivation just think if u get preggo without quitting u are far more likely to have a miscarriage,it sounds horrible but its true that was what make me but the cig down and never look back :) xx

im TTC#1 and finding it sooo difficult to give up. i have no willpower whatsoever. i smoke between 5-10 a day but i really want to give up as the OH hates it, it eats all my money and obv the fact it affects fertility.

Are you going cold turkey or using NRT?

Are you going cold turkey or using NRT?

cold turkey! altho that doesnt seem to be have been successful in the past. i know if i got to day 3 without smoking i'd be fine. but thats the hard bit! I went to docs and she just handed me a little smoking cessation card and told me to contact them, but i never did as id used up all the fight in me to stop smoking to even go and see her.

do you have any recommendations?

I've lost count of how many times I've quit and started again over the last 3 years or so! I tried patches, but they irritate my skin, so I usually ended up taking them off and smoking! Last year I quit and lasted 6 months using Nicquitin Mini Lozenges, and I only started again due to severe stress caused by my ex fiance. I'm now heading towards 3 weeks since I last smoked, again using the Nicquitin mini's. I see a nurse at my Doctors who is a great help, and I also get the lozenges on prescription, which works out loads cheaper than buying them! I've found the lozenges have worked for me best as I still have something to do with my mouth, whereas I struggled with the patches.

Hi ladies! Mind if I join you? I quit smoking just over 4 weeks ago with a combination of patch and gum. The first few days were horrendous, but then I was doing quite well with just the patch. I recently found out that I have low estrogen, however, which is probably a combo of having used BCP for 11 years, as well as the nicotine. So I decided to stop using the patch...that last about a day before I was ready to kill someone for a cigarette and developed a headache. So now I have the patch back on. Should I just stay on the patch for the remaining month with the recommended step down plan? I'm afraid that if I try to go cold turkey I will have a smoking relapse...which would be far worse for my fertility in the end.

So glad to find this thread...I felt like the only smoker left out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->