The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

glad they are sorting you out lolly- so sorry for your losses. hope you are feeling better betty and honey hope oliver is settling in well still. hope the rest of you (too many to remener sorry) are ok with your bumps. x love to all x

I don't think they do the furniture deals in store! :( It's ok though, we have bought the moses basket at least! xx

Hey there everyone, it's been a wee while I know:wacko: Glad to hear everyone seems to be doing well, Betty hope things are easing off for you now and Lolly so glad you're back and at least have the start of some answers!
My weekend has been a bit unusual, did a 5k walk this morning to fundraise for Macmillan - bucketed down with rain almost the whole time! Am having a quiet afternoon nursing my trench foot and maybe having a wee :sleep: - all for a very worthy cause at least!
Take care all...x

Hey everyone, Busy busy weekend it's been, just having a breather before collecting big kids from piano. Have attended 2 birthday parties today. About to put the roast dinner on, we're all starved!! :haha: 3 kids need showers for school/nursery in the morning, busy evening too then!! Jack finally goes back to nursery in the morning yeah, poor boy has been off for over 8wks coz they take the early risers (just turned 3) for the first 2 weeks. Jack has been asking to go back since week 3 of the holidays!
Anna- Ollie has settled in like a dream, he's such a good baby, every child I've had I've thought, this baby is bound to be a difficult one as each has been so good so expect a grizzly one but he only really wakes for feeds and sleeps in between, only awake for half hour here and there.
Abbie- you've got a moses basket, all exciting now buying your big things :)
Samie- will fly by till your mat leave now then you'll be bored and fed up waiting for your bundle to arrive!!
Dawnky- Well done for raising money for a fab cause, rest now :)
Betty - how you doing hun? x
Lolly- Hope you're still resting so that physically you can heal and emotionally it's going to take a bit longer, and hard as it is eventually you'll be positive again in your thoughts. x :hugs:

Dawnkey well done raising for such a good cause!

Honey I'm good thanks, af still here but it's ok... Am anxious to start opk again once she goes :thumbup:

I have been busy baking this weekend again :dance:

X x x

Hi hope everyone is ok!

Completly pointless and it Feels strange writing this because its prob all in my head but i can't help stressing....

I'm at high risk of developing pre eclampsia due to the fact there was a stillborn in my family due to PET and when i was on the combined pill my BP goes high so a mix of the pregnancy hormones put me at risk of PET. The consultant started me on Asprin but i must admit i take as and when because i'm not convinced of the safety yet.

Anyway the past few days i've woken up with a mild headache which i've not needed to take anything for i've also felt rubbish (but the nearly always do) had some ??epigastric pain not sure if this is just stomach pain from feeling sick..???
Fetal movements have been ok although i bit weaker the past few days and to top it of i check my BP at home and now its around the 135/98 which my booking BP was 120/80

Now my Midwife head would tell everyone else to get checked but i feel like i'm wasting time because i'm well over thinking things and keep checking my BP which i'm sure is getting higher because i'm stressing about it!! But when the Consultant said to me refer in if the diastolic is 90 or over i know i should but i also am convinced if i go in my BP will be normal and i'll feel stupid!

Anyway now i've written it down i know what i should do so if i still feel strange tomorrow i'll go in...

Well done for reading if you got this far lol

Hope everyone had a good weekend
x

Hey Samie, Glad you've written your thoughts down as it does seem to help to see it in black and white! One evening shortly before I had Ollie my diastolic was 104!! I got mega stressed about it trying to stay calm at the same time and it was consistantly high for a few hrs then dropped back down. Mine's usually between 60-70 so anything above 85 they tend to worry. Really hope your symptoms will have settled by the morning. I asked my consultant why he didn't prescribe me with aspirin but he said there wasn't enough proofthat it was effective in his eyes? I had severe PET last pregnancy but luckily was unaffected this time. Take care.
:hugs:

It's strange honey writing it down did help lol
I just wish I'd had children not as a midwife because too much knowledge definitely makes it so much more stressful. Seeing some of the things I have I always think the worst!!

Aww samie, glad you wrote it down and came to the conclusion of getting yourself checked, you would never look silly and im sure they would rather send you away with nothing to worry about than you leaving it and ending up in trouble!

Please keep us posted and look after yourself and your little lady

X x x

Too much knowledge can definitely be a bad thing :haha: I keep myself very well informed especially regarding things that affect my health :) They always assume I'm a nurse!! My PET symptoms on my last pregnancy started in Memphis when we were on holiday, had anyone else told me the symptoms I'd have sent them straight to the midwife to check for PET but because it hadn't affected my first two pregnancies didn't register. With a chance that it can get bad quickly just check yourself in the morning and hopefully it will be ok :hugs:
I'm pretty sure I've got mastitis so going to have it checked tomorrow :( May need some antibiotics.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend - Lolly so sorry for everything you are going through hope you are doing ok.

What is PET Honey & Samie? Samie hope you're ok - I would get checked out if you are worrying to put your mind at ease if nothing else always the best thing to do I reckon. I am worrying about the slightest thing - god knows what I would be like if I had all the info you have.

I had routine appt this morning at hospital - they couldn't fit me in straight after the 20 week scan so it was today instead. All seems ok and heard the heartbeat which always makes me feel better. They told me not to worry about the bleeding and it could be linked to my low lying placenta - but they have told me not to have sex until after the next scan at 35 weeks!! Does that sound right? They didn't explain why so I am presuming it is to do with the position of my placenta - no sex until the 12th December that's a long wait! Glad hubby was there to hear it from the midwife don't think he would have believed me if I had come home telling him!

Only weird thing is that they didn't tell us at the 20 week scan to aviod sex - so I am now thinking that is why I might have had bleeding when we were on holiday.

As long as baby is ok that's the main thing! We went looking at prams yesterday - we really like the silver cross surf in red has anyone gone for that?

xx

Hey Kix,
PET is pre eclampsia. Seems strange that they are saying no sex now yet not at 20wk scan when they could actually see the placenta? Unless it's quite vigorous sex would think it would be ok? I had a bleed at about 20wks with my daughter (2nd child) and they said that was from intercourse so it may have happened whether your placenta is there or elsewhere. Maybe get a 2nd opinion as that is a long time to wait!!! We were told no sex when my waters went, drove me mad as when you can't have it, you want it all the more :haha: We've got the red Graco Symbio it's ab fab :)
xx

That's what I thought Honey seems ages away! And defo not vigorous sex - doesn't seem quite right but then I don't want to risk anything by having it??! Will prob get a second opinion from midwife at GP surgery when I go in a few weeks. God a few weeks feels like forever never mind until December!

Hay just read you post about my ticker - no mine hasn't gone back I think there has always been 3 weeks between us

xxx

Well feeling a tad better today but still not quite sure....

They do advise against sex with placenta previa because of the risk of bleeding and they do usually tell you when its diagnosed.
That would probably explain why you had a bleed.

Anyhow PJ day here and i'm not doing anything =o)

aww i love pj days samie! :)

must be baby brain kix i was convinced it was 2 weeks previously :haha:

my friend has the silver cross surf and loves it kix, suppose it all depends what you are after, i really liked it too, but it didn't come with carry cot and i thought the pram itself was quite expensive without carrycot, and in the end decided i didnt want separate carrycot which is why i chose m+p switch. but it really does depend on what ur preferences are etc.

xx

Had a little trip to the Doc's as still not feeling great =o(
He had loads of bloods done on me and thinks i have gall bladder problems... just another thing to add to the list! Just gotta wait for the results

x

Glad you went to the docs Samie - rubbish news if you have gall bladder probs but better that you went so you can get sorted.

Thanks for your reply about the placenta - do you know why they say not to have sex can it actually cause bleeding to happen? Hope you don't mind me asking!

Hay I love the Switch we were looking at that too! The Surf is a pram and buggy in one so no need to buy a seperate carry cot which is why we love it - we also love the bugaboo but that is a bit more expensive when you buy all the extras so reckon we are gonna stick to the silver cross.

Quiet on here today hope everyone is ok.xx

Yeah sex can cause bleeding when the placenta is low lying so there is higher risk of haemorrhage.

I hoping its not the gall bladder but at the same time hope it is so i know what the problem is (even though i know it gets worse!)

Glad you got checked out Samie :) Very strange last night a niggling pain I've had had gotten worse. When I try to get up it hurts rather a lot. It's to the right of my navel. My stomach is swollen too, thought maybe it was my UC playing up but thinking possibly gall stones? Will have to get it checked but really don't feel like sitting in the surgery for hours waiting to see a doctor! Hope your results come back with something less aggressive :hugs:

I've never had problems with my Gallbladder so dunno if it is. I just have this pain under my ribs on the right side which goes round the back gets worse at like 4 in the morning and wakes me up. I do know a Midwife i work with had Gallbladder issues last time and they delivered her at 34 weeks because at the time they didn't know what it was and thought her heart was failing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->