The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Bbyo- that's pretty awesome!!! I would personally do it at home. Good luck with what you guys choose!

BabyO - that is wonderful! Your DH sounds wonderful! I guess all else being equal Id do it from home - but what has a higher success rate?

Babyo- so glad to hear from you! I am so excited for your first try!!!! My sister and her partner tried (at the fertility clinic) one week ago and I am sure she is getting anxious to test. :)
I am with Dreamers, does going to the doc give you better odds? If so, I'd go with that. If not, the comfort of home I think might help me psychologically.
Let us know what you decide.

Stacey- I will try to attach a belly pic. I suck at pictures on BnB, so hopefully this works! This pic is from 26 weeks, I am now 28. I'll try to get a more recent pic for ya, but right now I look like hell and am too vain to post one of what I look like in this moment! :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 4
Rainy what a beautiful bump!!!

BabyO I think I would agree if the odds were the same, at home would be more comfortable, but you know what is best for you :)

afm- I am unbelievable sick sick sick. The MS is on whole other level. I have not kept anything down except water, and tea in 3 days. Im really hoping it gets better soon.

Liz- you look great!!! Lovely!

Lvn- hope you feel better!

Afm, 11 dpo and not even a hint of a line. I went for cd 21 blood work and my progesterone was 20.0, so I for sure ovulated!

I think we will ultimately go with IUI. DH feels better about that. We will do meds, US monitoring, a trigger shot, and then an IUI. Pretty good odds with that one! We will also BD during that time like crazy and then see what happens. I'm getting excited again about TTC since I KNOW we will finally be moving forward in the new year. Less than two weeks until my appointment. :)

Lvn, feel better!

Jones- so glad you ovulated! Thats awesome!!

Babyo- excited for you!! Can't wait to see your :bfp: !!

Afm, cd52...no sign of af though. Two patches of ewcm a couple weeks apart so I have no idea what my body is doing! Have thought about temping again just for curiosity's sake but sleep is still poetry sporadic so would probably be useless!

Stacey- Im really excited for you, would be a great Xmas present! Good luck! It is wonderful news your body is finally behaving itself and ovulating

Liz - you look stunning! Gorgeous bump!

LvN - Hope your feeling better soon. The nausea is at least reassuring everythings going well!

Operation - Thats fantastic, Im really excited for you! Good luck, hope you catch 1st try

Gardens- are you seriously thinking about TTC again?? I get that feeling your about to start!

Merry Christmas everyone, hope your all having a wonderful day! Ive been spoilt silly by DH :)

Lol, no, not like I was anyway. No temping, no opks, no stress. Just ntnp. The chances of us conceiving without extra help is slim so I'm not stressing in the slightest. We had planned to start ttc again when abigail is 9-10 months so we'll re-evaluate then! :) (dh wants us to ttc again now tho)

Lol, no, not like I was anyway. No temping, no opks, no stress. Just ntnp. The chances of us conceiving without extra help is slim so I'm not stressing in the slightest. We had planned to start ttc again when abigail is 9-10 months so we'll re-evaluate then! :) (dh wants us to ttc again now tho)

Wow! How exciting! I'm not sure I could stick to no stress NTNP, but you never know, plenty of people have conceived naturally when they were told there was no chance. It would be lovely to fall pregnant without the obsessive TTC.

I'm already thinking I would love a 2nd baby, but DH has always said one is the limit. I reckon my best bets are to wait until number 1 is around 6 months when things are calming down to bring it up. Were not getting any younger though!

Lol, dh wanted SIX. I talked him down to four. :) it would be a miracle for us to conceive even that many though! I am hoping for at least two though...i don't want abigail to have only child syndrome especially since she is the only grandchild too (and will be for many years)

Hi ladies- can I ask a question please??

I had the coil taking out on the 5th of December! I had my period the week running up to it and it had just finished when I had it taken out, then 2 days later after I had coil removed I started bleeding again! I am not sure whether to count my period as my cycle or the removal bleed??? If my period then I was due af yesterday if removal bleed then I'm due next wed!

I am havin some unusual weird symptoms that I wouldn't get prior to af- I have twinges in my belly, sore lower back, ached legs, a little bit more creamy cm as of today, and also today I noticed that my boobs were slightly sore- like muscle pain in them and when I stretch m arms in the air- muscle pain in both my underarms ( I had this before when I was pregnant but had a mc)

BUT I have tested- Monday and Wednesday of this week and both BFN- I keep looking a the 2nd one and thinkin I see something but it is most probably just me waning to see it- dh says no but says my boobs are bigger and I have 'that look' but not sure whether he is just sayin that to try and make me happy lol!

An help would be greatly appreciated!! So thanks in advance :flower:

My doctor told me to count my regular period although it was so light I could Hardly Call it that and after the removal like you I had withdrawal bleed. I had my Morena removed march 5th and got a BFP April 1st. (Sadly ended in MC) so it is possible to get a BFP soon. I would say from my experience if you di get a BFP so soon after removal have your progesterone checked. I had 2 MC after. Removal both with extremely low progesterone and I never had that problem before. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and have been on progesterone since 5 weeks and everything looks good! Hope this helps..

Thanks lvnmommy! I will def take ur advice on board, thank u! I am with a private gynae since after my 2nd mc and I intend on ringing her as soon as I get a BFP just to go in for an appointment for her to check my bloods etc- is that a good idea?

Congratulations on ur pregnancy!

If I go by my period then I'm nearly two days late but a bfn yesterday! ???? So maybe not- think ill wait a couple more days and if no af I'll test again! It's just a waiting game really isn't it! Frustrating at times!

My gynae told me it is fine to start trying straight away! Just wait and see- maybe I should leave trying until the 1st- tht would be a brilliant way to see in the new year! :)

Thanks for getting back to me!

Also don't forget that when having the mirena removed, your cycle.may be put off because of your body adjusting to being off the hormones! I would definitely say to see your OB when you get that BFP!
And don't worry about your previous losses (hard to say I know!!) But I had two this year, and was on birth control piand got a big surprise! And this one is growing like a weed :) best of luck on your TTC adventur

Welcome Tarabay. I would ignore the withdrawal bleed, but it may take a couple of months for your periods to come back to regular. After my 1st proper period after the mirena was taken out I had regular 24-29 day cycles, but everyone is different. Don't forget your cycles may have changed length since you got the mirena in. Try and relax!

Happy new year ladies!! I wish for each of you to have bellies growing with love this year! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->