The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Thank you for all your advice! :) Will check out fertilityfriend during my break in work and start swotting up on everything x

a quick question - I know everyone is different but just wanting to get an average here - how long did it take before you got your :bfp:??

I had Mirena removed August 11th 2010 and we were NTNP straight away. We got our BFP on 27th January 2011 (I waited for AF to be a week late before testing :haha: ) Sadly we misscarried in March and are now back to WTT :growlmad:

:dust: to all those TTC :thumbup: :flower:

Skweek- Got Mirena taken out on Sept 25 2010- Got our BFP in February 2011. Another gal from this thread that I still keep in contact with had the same results - taken out in sept 2010 BFP in Feb

There use to be a list of all the BFPS and how long it took...

here's a list from wayyyy back in the day!!

:dust::crib:Ex-Mirena TTCers Thread 2010 :crib::dust:

Ex-Mirena Graduates!!!

sls612 :bfp: 17th Sept after 4 weeks TTC#1!!!

Louise1985 :bfp: 23rd Sept after 6 weeks TTC#2!!!

Shazmos :bfp: 28th Sept after 3 months TTC#3!!!

Guera :bfp: Sept 28th after 6 weeks TTC#3!!!

Kracker :bfp: Oct 5th after 3 months TTC #2!!!

mommyof3co :bfp: Oct 7th after 2 months TTC #4!!!

mommyof2peas :bfp: Oct 8th after 11 months TTC #3!!!

MrsPOP :bfp: Oct 28th after 3 months TTC #1!!!

Treykid3 :bfp: Oct 30th after 6 months TTC #3!!!

mum2mills :bfp: TTC#2 since Aug 2010

Harlirexx :bfp: Nov 20th on very FIRST cycle!!!!

Lucyoz34 :bfp: Nov 21st after 1 month TTC # 1!!!

Curly123 :bfp: Nov 23rd after 1 month TTC #1

:spermy::sex::spermy:Our Ex-Mirena Testers!!! :spermy::sex::spermy:
Good Luck Ladies!!!

Amelia Croall
TTC#1 since June 2010​

babydustcass
TTC#2 since Nov 2010​

Brandybabies
TTC #2 since Nov 2010​

buterflyangel
TTC#2 since November 2010​

butterflydebs
TTC#2 since Aug 2010​

Calasen
TTC#1 since Sept 2010​

Clairmichael
TTC#1 since Oct 2010​

Cliqmo
TTC#1 since Aug 2010​

CouldThisBeIt
TTC#2 since July 2010​

Duchess ross
TTC#1 since July 2010​

Future_numan
TTC#2 since Oct 2010​

giggle_gurl88
TTC#3 since ???​

Jellysecret
TTC#1 since July 2010​

Kittenly
TTC#1 since October 2010​

KittyKatBabe
TTC#1 since Jan 2009 with a break​

Kylarsmom
TTC#2 since Aug 2010​

lauraclili
TTC#1 since Dec 2009​

lifechanging
TTC#3 since October 2010​

Lissa110
TTC #2 since March 2010​

MEGARICE03
TTC#2 since Sept 2010​

Monni24
TTC#1 since Aug 2010​

mrsbiddles
TTC#3 since Sept 2010​

MommaPick
TTC#2 since June 2010​

MummyHaytch
TTC#3 from Dec 2010​

nnroxburgh
TTC #1 since Aug 2010​

Poppy7
TTC #2 since Oct 2010​

Rachie Rach
(Post copper-coil)
TTC #1 since Oct 2010​

SAJ
TTC#2 since April 2010​

Snipsnsnails
TTC #1 since Oct 2010​

TTCbabynmber2
TTC#2 since Sept 2010​

Wannabenewmum
TTC#1 since June 2010​

I posted awhile back. But this is my first TTC cycle after Mirena removal June 7th. I am current cd15/32 (according to my last period). Hoping I am O'ing. Little bit of CM in the panties 2 days ago, but nothing right now.. SO and have been DTD all week sometimes twice a week. Hoping for the BFP this cycle!! :dust: to all you gals!!

So this is cycle day 7 and af is still here this is so strange, and even wierder day 5 went really really heavy- I am normally only spotting or nothing on day 5
I'm still crampy today ugh, I normally ov on day 8 not sure what's going on.
Maybe it's the epo that is the only new thing

Maybe ov will get pushed back cause if it doesn't then this cycle will be lost ( mind you I have no signs ov is immenant)

Hello can i join? I'm 31 and i had a mirena coil for two and half years. I had it removed at the start of November 2010 and have been TTC since then with no luck.

Evening ladies

Welcome newbies. For the lady who asked, I had my mirena removed on 18 October 2010 after 14 years of using an IUD/IUS. AF never came and I thought it was just my body settling into a new cycle. Eventually I tested and I got a :bfp:. Unfortunately I lost the baby on Boxing Day after catching swine flu.

As you can see from my ticker I conceived again a couple of cycles later and I'm now 20w pregnant. So for me, the mirena didn't affect my fertility adversely at all (and I'm 40!).

:dust: ladies

Pip x

Welcome cupcake :)

I am on cycle 11 now and finding it very hard to handle :( Especially as I just found out my best friend is pregnant after trying for just 2 months :(

I'm not sure how much more I can take before I give up - the depression it is causing is just way too much right now.

That's the way I'm starting to feel a lot of the time too depressed. Both my sisters conceived easily and I just presumed I'd be the same. I'm trying to relax about but don't know how. It's so hard to try and stop thinking about it, but in all honesty it's all I think about a lot of the time.

So this is cycle day 7 and af is still here this is so strange, and even wierder day 5 went really really heavy- I am normally only spotting or nothing on day 5
I'm still crampy today ugh, I normally ov on day 8 not sure what's going on.
Maybe it's the epo that is the only new thing

Maybe ov will get pushed back cause if it doesn't then this cycle will be lost ( mind you I have no signs ov is immenant)

I am experiencing the same thing. AF started out kinda slow, but day 5 and now 6 are heavy and I'm crampy today.

I feel the same way ttc is so emotionally draining

That's why I was relieved the fertility appoit was moved back it was stressing oh out.
Af ended last night!!! I'm Now day 8 - i normally ov onday 8, and no signs if ov maybe I won't ov or it will be late ( I honestly am not sure if I will my temps are so erractict ie high one day low the next- I even take them vag as I'm a mouth breather some
nights)

Waiting sucks:(

Well today were gardening finishing the back garden finally!!!
Happy saturday ladies

I am 32 marries with 2 boys. I had Mirena since November 2009 and just had it removed May 30th to TTC. I never had a cycle as I nursed for 15 months. I loved Mirena and would definatly get it again. BC pills made me crazy loopy so Mirena was blessing. I've read plenty of negative comments re: Mirena and I feel obligated to share my positive experience as it seems only fair. I also have 2 gf that have it 3+ years and recommend it to everyone.
4 days ago I tested and it was positive. After reading all the after Mirena negative comments I made myself sick with worry and have decided not to read anymore:) I honestly haven't read post in this thread because of that reason. I was even afraid to share the news with husband because of all the chemical pregnancies and MC blamed on Mirena.
Planning to shed the negative and start getting excited! I'm guessing by OPK that I'll be due mid March ( I have no lmp!)
Here's good luck to you all and to the spread of more positive experience comments:)

Hiya Poppy - I'm sorry you think this thread is anti mirena but itsnotat all - and noone in this thread has blamed the mirena for causing them trouble specifically in this post. We aren't here to as an anti mirena thread but simply a support network for women TTCing following having the mirena. We are all in many stages of our cycles and all have many different experiences but at no point has someone turned around and blamed the mirena as the reason for the troubles but merely an aspect of their lifes journey to this point.

Oh no bad comments on this board specifically. As I said, I refrained from reading any previous posts just in case. After a google search of TTC after Mirena I hadn't found anything but negative experiences and it's great to hear that this group is more for support rather than blame. Just sharing my experience:) hoping that it might help anyone feel positive if they have come across the negative information that seems to flood the web:)

That seems fair then :) And like all things internet related you just gotta take it all with a pinch of salt. You usually always only hear the bad as people tell everyone the bad stuff but rarely the good. While many of us feel the strain at the moment we are all still here to support each other until we get that much desired :bfp: and begin the first stage to motherhood.

I've managed to get to cycle 18! How did that happen?

For me, Mirena hid problems that were already there. Originally, I had it to help with the pain I had through endo. Now it seems that I don't regularly ovulate on my own so I've got Clomid now to help me. What I'm saying is though that the problems that we have had had nothing to do with Mirena and for me it was a total life-saver. I was able to live a normal life after spending 3 of every 4 weeks feeling like death.

I think a lot of the negative feedback that mirena gets is to do with the fact that it is often used to treat other problems and if you have one problem it's more likely you'll have another... therefore, if you didn't know about it before Mirena, it looks like Mirena's fault.

I have totally recommended it to EVERYONE! IT was amazing and when I've (finally!) got the family I'm going to have I will definitely have another one.

xcx

I'm with you there laura :) Before the mirena I had a period last 3 years!!!! due to severe issues and the mirena fixed that - okIstill dont quite ovulate regularly but i now have regular periods :)

Hi Ladies, Hope you all are having a good weekend. After the last few weeks of feeling miserable from the treatment for my ectopic, I'm finally feeling better and found out after Tuesdays hcg test that my numbers went down to 7!! Which is great and next week should be my last week of having to have my numbers checked and then I can start on vitamins again for 12 weeks before we can try again. I'm hoping this will have kicked my body back into normal since it's been weird after having mirena removed. Lots of luck to you ladies!!

Awww Glad to here your ok Melsy and your now coming out the otherside XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->