The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Ah congratulations lauraclili, bout time we had some bfp's on here :)) xx fx'ed for a happy and healthy nine months! xx

Congratulations Laura. That's great news.

Pip x

Hi, I'm new here as well...well kind of!!

I want to introduce myself. I'm 25, had my son Max on 9/24/10! Had the mirena put in 6 weeks after I had him. Had it taken out 6/30/11 (TTC for #2). I did have periods when I had the mirena in there just really light. I think I was on my period when I had it taken out. I did bleed the day after having it removed and did bleed for a couple of days (withdrawal bleeding i'm sure). I had positive OPK tests on like the 5th, 6th, and 7th, hubby and i were quite busy for a few days :), since Saturday 7/9 though i have had really light brown bleeding, sometimes it wets on a pad, but most of the time it just when I wipe. Never has really been red, just light to dark brown. I have had cramping off and on as well. Not sure really what is going on at this point, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Since all you guys have had to deal with the removal of that thing at some point, maybe you guys have some insight as to what is going on. Thanks

Hi TTC and welcome! I had one normal period after my mirena was removed and then the following 2 months I just had really light spotting that was brown also, I asked my Dr. and was told it's just your body getting back to normal. Hope that helps!

Thanks that does help me. I really hate birth control, it just messes up your body so much!

You're welcome! I konw me too!! It feels so much better to be natural., though I did get used to not having any periods while on mirena, that was nice lol

I still had cramping and light periods with the mirena. I had yeast infections for MONTHS when I had it first put in and couldn't get rid of them. they had to put me on antibiotics for 4 weeks straight! I think I spotted for at least the first 3 months I had it in as well. I will say, I didn't really like the Mirena except for the fact that I didn't have to remember to take the pill everyday!

Oh wow that would be awful! I spotted alot the first year and it made me have terrible mood swings at first and then it got better. After I had it removed I realized how uncomfortable it was, I personally wouldn't go back on it, I was on the pill before we had our son and preferred that much better. I've felt like my body has been messed up since having it removed in february. I got pregnant in May but it wound up being an ectopic, so now we have to wait a little while to ttc again.

Hello, wondering if i might join in.
I just got off the mirena on May 24,2011 and got my period May 26, 2011 for about seven days and then nothing..no period whatsoever in June..and then i was having some pain so i went the doctors and they told me i had two ovarian cysts and possible endometriosis..so they put me on provera to start my period and i have three pills left and then i should get my period sometime next week..im really worried that i wont be able to conceive..i think the mirena really messed me up. Has anyone experienced this and gotten pregnant? Am i going to have to take provera every month to start my periods?

Welcome momof2, I'm sorry you're having trouble after the mirena, I don't have any experience with the cysts, however after having my mirena removed I was having really light weird periods. I'm sure you will be able to get pregnant it may just take a few months to get back to normal. Some women go back to normal right away and some take a little longer. Lots of luck for you

hey momof2 - I have endometriosis and polycystic overies and the marina was a godsend for me helping with the symptoms. However after coming off it, it took 6 months for me to get a resonable length of times between each period and I'm still not sure if I am actually ovulating.

I know its hard when you get hit with all these roadblocks at once honey but theres a million and one things they can do to aid us in fertility - I know its tough but try to stay positive as the stress wont help you conceive.

:dust: to you and all my ladies here. XXX

so im out this cycle, i ov either yesterday or wed. oh was sick so no bd'ng. only positive i wont go mental with the symptom spotting now its just waiting 2 weeks for af to arrive to start again.

maybe i will get my bfp for my bday gift in aug the big 40, and even weirder my cousin who is mildly psychic says that i will conceive on my lunar cycle ie you will conceive on the moon cycle you were born and i googled it an that will actually coincide with my next cycle (im not sure I believe it but it could happen)

good luck ladies extra baby dust

Got my :bfp: yesterday on CD19 8DPO. Had my Mirena taken out a few months ago. Also used Soy this cycle for the first time.

I'm sorry honey :hug: lets keep things crossed for you for next cycle :dust:

Congrats USAF heres wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm just starting my 2ww - but I dont feel hopeful this sycle.

This thread has made loads of symptoms make sense. I am due to have my Mirena out in Nov ready to TTC in Dec/Jan.
Thanks Ladies, all the posts have been a great help! x

Wow! 2 :bfp: in a few days! Thats wonderful news, congratulations to both of you ladies!! Maybe it's going to start a wonderful trend for the rest of us!!Good luck ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->