The Open University and Distance Learning thread

hi ladies,
can I join you?
I am studying my first OU course, U101 - Design Thinking for the 21st Century. Hoping to get a BA in Design and Innovation. I've had 3 TMAS; the first I got 83; and the 2nd I got 94.... waiting on the results from this one and then have another 2 before the course ends in October.
My next course is definitely AA100 The Arts Past and Present - I'm all registered, and starting in October. I am loving the OU; and designing too.

I literally never get time to do it, and its only a 15point course, so i should be sailing! Jayden doesn't sleep, wakes every 10 minutes sometimes 15minutes so my mind goes blank once i have to go upstairs to pick him up etc.

I literally never get time to do it, and its only a 15point course, so i should be sailing! Jayden doesn't sleep, wakes every 10 minutes sometimes 15minutes so my mind goes blank once i have to go upstairs to pick him up etc.

:hugs2:

Can you get a hand from someone just to be around to help sort him out when you really need to get work done? I know it's so tough when they're so little xx

hi ladies,
can I join you?
I am studying my first OU course, U101 - Design Thinking for the 21st Century. Hoping to get a BA in Design and Innovation. I've had 3 TMAS; the first I got 83; and the 2nd I got 94.... waiting on the results from this one and then have another 2 before the course ends in October.
My next course is definitely AA100 The Arts Past and Present - I'm all registered, and starting in October. I am loving the OU; and designing too.

:wave:

Course u can! Well done on those fabby TMA results :thumbup: :wohoo:
Welcome to the thread - and the OU survivorship!! :rofl: I jest, I love it to bits and don't know what I'll be like once I don't have my lovely course book presents coming through the door once in a while!! :blush:

thanks!!! how are you getting on?

Am doing alright thanks hon, just one more bit to do for Wednesday's EMA and then onto the project plan and all that for my level 3 TMA - due next week :shock: nothing like a good bit of pressure to get my finger out! I'm so lucky now to have the house to myself for a couple of hours a day and an understanding OH for when I really need to get shit done!

Thanks Tallybee - where in Scotland are you?
NO results yet - but it always takes a while on this course because my tutor has ALOT of marking.....

Thanks Tallybee - where in Scotland are you?
NO results yet - but it always takes a while on this course because my tutor has ALOT of marking.....

I'm in West Lothian hon, how about you? :flower:

I'm waiting on TMA results for my L3 too, I don't like it when I don't get them in before working on the next TMA but these are only 3 weeks apart :shock: so it was gonna happen!

Ah, a college thread! Just what I was looking for!! Truthfully, I'm procrastinating. I am getting my Masters degree in education with 2 concentrations. It's all online. It's all papers. I have 7 (out of 20) papers left for the last class of this semester (due June 26) and I am just bored and can't concentrate!!! After this class I only have 2 more and I'll be totally done!!! But not even that is pushing me!!! ARGH!!!!!!

Ah, a college thread! Just what I was looking for!! Truthfully, I'm procrastinating. I am getting my Masters degree in education with 2 concentrations. It's all online. It's all papers. I have 7 (out of 20) papers left for the last class of this semester (due June 26) and I am just bored and can't concentrate!!! After this class I only have 2 more and I'll be totally done!!! But not even that is pushing me!!! ARGH!!!!!!

Oh that loss of motivation............ it's such a bitch! Good luck!

Sorry, can i butt in?
Im registering for BA History, going to start off with The arts past and present course in october and i was wondering how long does it take you ladies to finish a 60 point module? I just want to know what to expect time-wise. Also, does any of you get financial help?

Oh that loss of motivation............ it's such a bitch! Good luck!

Yes, no more motivation!! I just finished one though, so only 6 more. I'll work on another tomorrow.

Sorry, can i butt in?
Im registering for BA History, going to start off with The arts past and present course in october and i was wondering how long does it take you ladies to finish a 60 point module? I just want to know what to expect time-wise. Also, does any of you get financial help?

Hi there,
I'm doing that course starting in October, i'm doing a BA in Design. The courses are scheduled so for that course you start in October and finish in June - it's quite a lot of work but you can pick it up when you have the time. For this course there is quite a bit of reading too - so obvs you can take that on the go too. I get financial help - what advice do you need on that? :D Good Luck x

i got my grade through this morning and I got....... 91!!!! I am so happy; it's a little less than the last TMA but we had alot more work to do ourselves this time...... so a 91 is brilliant. I know where I went wrong and I can see it too - but I am starting to accept that my written pieces are strong - I have had full grades on all of them.

i got my grade through this morning and I got....... 91!!!! I am so happy; it's a little less than the last TMA but we had alot more work to do ourselves this time...... so a 91 is brilliant. I know where I went wrong and I can see it too - but I am starting to accept that my written pieces are strong - I have had full grades on all of them.

Wow well done!!!!!!

I got my TMA02 score through for my level 3 the environmental web, 74% :thumbup: I haven't had above 90 since S103 :lol: at those scores you aren't going wrong at all hon! It's just a shame level 1 grades don't count towards our degree class at the end lol.

Wow well done!!!!!!

I got my TMA02 score through for my level 3 the environmental web, 74% :thumbup: I haven't had above 90 since S103 :lol: at those scores you aren't going wrong at all hon! It's just a shame level 1 grades don't count towards our degree class at the end lol.

My tutor gives us very good feedback so we can see where we have gone a bit off!! I'm very happy with my grade. Well done on your's too :happydance: that's a great grade!! It is a shame that level 1 doesn't count towards the degree class - my next course is another level 1 - i had the option to do it at the end of my degree or now, and I figured I want to climb the ladder and stay there so I'm doing it now.
I meant to say I'm from Fife :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->