The Open University and Distance Learning thread

Hellooo I'm planning on transferring my credits and finishing my English Lit degree though OU. Is it too late to apply now to start in October?

I'm not sure if it is or not, maybe phone the OU and ask?

Sorry, can i butt in?
Im registering for BA History, going to start off with The arts past and present course in october and i was wondering how long does it take you ladies to finish a 60 point module? I just want to know what to expect time-wise. Also, does any of you get financial help?

Hi there,
I'm doing that course starting in October, i'm doing a BA in Design. The courses are scheduled so for that course you start in October and finish in June - it's quite a lot of work but you can pick it up when you have the time. For this course there is quite a bit of reading too - so obvs you can take that on the go too. I get financial help - what advice do you need on that? :D Good Luck x

Ohhhh ok thank you :) Erm i just wanted to know how it works really.. apparently you open some account thing and pay monthly? im not really too sure.. x

Sorry, can i butt in?
Im registering for BA History, going to start off with The arts past and present course in october and i was wondering how long does it take you ladies to finish a 60 point module? I just want to know what to expect time-wise. Also, does any of you get financial help?

Hi there,
I'm doing that course starting in October, i'm doing a BA in Design. The courses are scheduled so for that course you start in October and finish in June - it's quite a lot of work but you can pick it up when you have the time. For this course there is quite a bit of reading too - so obvs you can take that on the go too. I get financial help - what advice do you need on that? :D Good Luck x

Ohhhh ok thank you :) Erm i just wanted to know how it works really.. apparently you open some account thing and pay monthly? im not really too sure.. x

Ok so that depends - if you are on certain benefits - child tax credits; working tax credits etc you can get complete funding from the OU. If not you can opt to pay part of the fees using an ILA, and the other part with OUBSA - which is opening an account and paying monthly. Try the eligability checker:
https://css2.open.ac.uk/fafcalculator/eligibility.aspx - this will tell you whether you will or might be able to get funding. There are phone numbers you can call too, so it's worth just ringing them up. Good Luck xx

Yeah the eligibility checker is good :thumbup:

louandivy you've plenty of time to register to start in October, do you know which course (modules they like to call em now :wacko:) you'll be starting with? If you're planning to transfer credit I'd recommend phoning anyway but the prospectus pages here give all the courses, with start dates and registration info.

xx

xx

Oh yeah not all the courses start in October either, I've had a few Feb starts with my lot :flower:

yup the course I'm doing now was a February start but my next one is an October start.....

is anyone else starting in October and STILL waiting to hear back from financial support ... the wait is killing me :/!!! sent my form off in april : ( had an email saying they were very busy! but they would get back to me ! ........ haha x

hi Rhi Rhi;
Basically in April they were catching up with the spring starts; so they are taking a little bit of time to get caught up. I only heard 2 weeks ago that I had my financial support, and I applied in February for my course - so I certainly wouldn't worry. If you are worrying though, just give them a ring :D

Thanks Vicki! i assumed as much:) its just a bit daunting, cos you want to "prepare" lol but instead i'm sitting around wondering if im actually doing it in October or not ! haha :) hopefully they will let me know soon! !

Yeah it can be quite a frustrating wait can't it... hopefully it'll get processed in plenty of time.

xx

Hey I'm half-way through my first unit on the English Literature course :) I'm doing 'The Arts Past and Present AA100' ... and although I am aiming to do English Lit - starting to change my mind and think about maybe doing history! :)

Thats the course im waiting to start :) how are you finding it ? X

Just double checking... do you mean the Arts Past and Present one? :)

oh yeah sorry! was on my phone! so didn't make myself very clear :) x

:wave:

How's everyone getting on? I'm just checking in quickly before shutting down all my social sites to finish of tomorrow's TMA! Level 3 is a challenge but a good one :)

xx

I'm starting AA100 in October, and I'm quite excited to be honest.
Tallybee - good luck xx

oh yeah sorry! was on my phone! so didn't make myself very clear :) x

Yeah it's good actually! Deals with all the humanities so you can get an insight into what you want to do :) the only bit I've struggled with is the chapter called 'The Diva' but it's nice and clear and the tutor is really helpful as well :)

Thats good :).. looking forward to it ! if financial support EVER get back to me :/ its been two months since i had an email saying they were busy and would get back to me ! x

Well - That's the TMA submitted! A LOT of work this one - project plan for the End of Course Assessment (1000 words), HUGE statistical analysis thing using Excel and a big writeup on that, a 'short' :shock: report of another 1000 words, and then 1700 words of various Qs on biodiversity indicators :wacko:

Bloody hell!

The ECA's gonna be MASSIIIIVE..... in fact I'd rather have an exam!! The course guide recommends spending 55 hours on the ECA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->