The perfect pregnancy plan PPP :) Updated Summary on bottom of Page 6 :)

grandbleu

MAL with Little Blue
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread for those of us that desperately want to get pregnant ASAP (preferably before Xmas!).

I had my miscarriage two months ago and have only been half-heartedly trying since (i.e. immaculate conception might have had a better success rate!) but I am completely motivated this month and want a BFP so badly so...

Just add your tips and tricks to getting pregnant and add to the PPP :). I'll start:

PPP tip #1: Don't clean up after the deed...that's right sleep over night and the sperm will have time to swim and catch that egg.

(Proof it works - that's the only thing OH and I did differently the month we conceived)

Hi bleu

I tried SMEP last month, it increases chances to 40% and i did lots of searches on FF and women with the same bd pattern had a much higher frequency of bfp than other bd patterns

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

i also tried the cough medicine and got ewcm for the first time in months - its on that link above

I was cajouled into trying soft cups this month and hated it. Most unsavoury but some swear by it

When i got preg i was on a diet as i was sposed to go on holiday a month later so i cut out all junk food and ate ready meals and lots of fruit.

And to go in the complete opposite direction after the deed that did the trick (it was a quick one in the afternoon before i went to work ) i jumped up and went to the loo. I know it was this time that caught the egg as we only BD once that week. Plus i was in a REALLY good mood as i had been to an interview that day and it went really well.

Hi Grandbleu, how's you darling?

Joining you here. We just can't wait that one month!

Your sleeping tip is bang on, we did exactly that when we got our BFP.

My tip: go for it in every position possible. :blush: Cervixses (NO idea of the plural) come in weird and wonderful shapes and positions, so... Er.. Bombard it from all angles. :haha: ah heck, if it doesn't help its still fun!

Also, try and, um, enjoy oneself. Orgasm basically. Makes your ladybits contract which (I'm told!) dips your cervix into the wee swimmers. :haha:

Good luck!

X :dust::dust::dust:

The "sleeping" method is exactly what got me my BFP in Oct, even though we weren't TTC that month, it was the only time I didn't hurry to the bathroom or shower lol

Thanks girls so far for all your responses - it's all the little tips and encouragement that we need right now and it's so helpful. Hopefully we'll keep getting more and more :)

Criosaidh - I agree with you about cervixes and uteruses...apparently mine is tilted (which way and how I have no idea) but I only found out after all these years when I miscarried and they were doing the scan...I asked if it was a a bad thing or bad for fertility and they said no but I'm not so sure since it took us so long the first time to get pregnant I will be trying more positions just in case ;)

Good stuff. We may as well enjoy ourselves as much as possible eh? I I personally favour the old.. Er... From behind angle. Pretty sure we got our BFP that way. Keeps the OH happy as well! :winkwink:

The one week post-D&C abstinence thing, is that for infection purposes or on the assumption you'll still be bleeding? Coz I've just about stopped... :blush:

Aaalso, is everyone carrying on with their preg vitamins? I've heard they help also.

Supersticky Baby Dust and good luck all round! Have a double, it's on me! :winkwink:

Love Crio x

:dust::dust:

I was told not to have sex for 3 weeks! Honestly I really wasn't in the mood anyways after everything so it wasn't a problem for me. They said it was for infection reasons but I also think that it might be so you don't get pregnant right away in case you ovulate.

I think your body and mind will know when you are ready though.

PS. I agree with (ahem!) from behind (it's deep which is good)...on top isn't good though for the finish since gravity will not be your friend and it's not as deep.:blush:

PPS. Currently just taking folic acid...I will start taking prenatal vitamins if I get pregnant again. I am just eating really well...lots of veg and whole grains and fruits and no sugar (well besides my red wine at night...I taking advantage of being able to have a bit of alcohol)

Hi Ladies,
Another few things I've heard which helps increases EWCM are:
Green Tea
Evening Primrose tablet (500mg tablet taken 3 times a day)
Grapefruit juice (not the sweet one from concentrate, the pure one that I personally think tastes yuck!)

Haven't carried on with prenatal vits... but might now after reading your post LOL

I was told to wait until the bleeding stopped as if you are bleeding your cervix is still open and DTD can cause infection. But Grandbleu is right it is also because they don't want you to get pregnant (you could ov 2 weeks after D&C) as dating will be harder.

I've been indulging in my wine at night too (hopefully we won't be able to for much longer!)

I have never thought much of position........so that is new to me.

I have been on my prenatal vitamins since our LAST pregnancy (we found out in Oct 2009 we were pregnant, miscarried late dec 2009).
I never stopped, in hopes of one day being pregnant again.
My reg family told me to also take fish oil pills while ttc.....idk ??

I think I may be odd as the last time I got my bfp I literally did the opposite of everything everyone is saying. I can't remember now but I think I may have even been on top lol. Just goes to show anything is possible I spose. Will def try everything on here next time though are all really good tips x

My sister who went through a long TTC journey took:

Folic Acid (that's more for the baby than us)

Vitamin C

Zinc

When trying, just an idea.

Icantdecide - it's true...people can get pregnant any which way - that's why it's hard to find a truly "perfect" plan but every little bit of advice helps ;) here's to tons of xmas bfp's!

I actually conceived with the "sideways" position...if that's what you call it LOL. I'm also still taking my prenatals. They are wonderful for hair, nails etc Plus I am hoping and praying that we are lucky enough to conceive within the next few months, so I figured it can only help. Loving this thread btw!

Anyone here used Preseed? I'm considering and didn't know if it truly helps or not?

Anyone here used Preseed? I'm considering and didn't know if it truly helps or not?

I've heard of preseed but right now I'm in France and when I looked at the website I didn't see a store here that sold it :( - it looked like it was all in the USA...do they sell it in the UK - maybe I could get it shipped here or something. It seems to come up a lot in the TTC after a Loss forum and I am willing to give anything a try if it will help us get pregnant. I don't use normal lubricant because I've heard it can be bad for sperm.

Well this cycle I am doing the SMEP, using soft cups, pre-seed, and OPKs....I start tomorrow. I really want my BFP before Xmas!

Last cycle was my first cycle TTC since my last mc, I had testing done so wanted to wait for the results. All came back normal so we are back in it. With all threst of my pregnancies I did nothing but DTD at what I though was the right time. After getting a BFN though last month I decided to step it up.

I take Flinstones w/ Iron and an extra Folic Acid, I could never stomach prenatals.

Here is one I use to do. After sex put your legs over your head for a few mins. I did the not going to the bathroom after sex. I had a D&C Sept and went to the dr Oct 26. She said we can try even though I haven't had AF. So it's back to putting the legs over my head again.LOL! Plus she uped my dose of folic acid and I'm taking prenatal vitamins. So lets hope this helps. Good luck to everyone.

what does the SMEP mean, i kept seeing it in TTC but i never knew what it actually involved.

x

Hello all,
Can I join you? Hi GrandBLeu, thanks for your kind messages in the miscarriage thread x
We 'accidentally' started TTC again yesterday - then I bled again the next day - hope that doesn't mean my cervix is still open...
I've heard that tilted uterus makes it harder for the sperm to get to the cervix, and that instead of legs in the air, you should stand on your head or do the cycling position!!! How romantic would that be!

what does the SMEP mean, i kept seeing it in TTC but i never knew what it actually involved.

x

SMEP = Sperm Meets Egg Plan which is outlined on a website called:

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Check it out it's very good and easy to follow! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->