The perfect pregnancy plan PPP :) Updated Summary on bottom of Page 6 :)

Thank you all for the great advice on this thread, I have taken notes and will look into some of ur fab ideas. We had another loss last week so not sure when we will start again but i'll be sure to keep all ur advice to hand.

Many thanks and good luck to all

Love Kas xxx

Another TTC after loss Success story from Tigerlilies (CONGRATULATIONS!):

Here was her secret:

OPK's!!!! Took me longer to conceive until I finally broke down and bought them. They are the best things ever! I prefer the digitals, no guessing about lines being darker or not. That and the Conceive Plus or Pre Seed (even with fish oil supplements I never made enough CM).

And this is a certain type of cough medicine?? How does it help?? Very interesting!!

Just popping in to say, although I had a chemical, I will definitely be trying the cough medicine again next cycle because I finally got my BFP for the first time in 6 months. (The chemical had nothing to do with the fact that I did in fact conceive, finally.)

I tried everything else under the sun... bbt temping, opks every month, even Conceive Plus... but it was the cough medicine that got me my bfp.

Just look for cough medicine with "guaifenesin" as the only active ingredient, nothing else. It really helps with cm on fertile days. Trust me on this! :hugs:

And this is a certain type of cough medicine?? How does it help?? Very interesting!!

Just popping in to say, although I had a chemical, I will definitely be trying the cough medicine again next cycle because I finally got my BFP for the first time in 6 months. (The chemical had nothing to do with the fact that I did in fact conceive, finally.)

I tried everything else under the sun... bbt temping, opks every month, even Conceive Plus... but it was the cough medicine that got me my bfp.

Just look for cough medicine with "guaifenesin" as the only active ingredient, nothing else. It really helps with cm on fertile days. Trust me on this! :hugs:

Thank you BostonBlonde and sorry for your recent loss:hugs:. I will be going out to buy some cough medicine! I hope they have it here in France. Do you just take it on the days you are going to BD and you will ovulate or all month long? (I didn't have enough time to get pre-seed and didn't feel like OPK's just yet although maybe next month) maybe cough medicine will help me too! :)

Hi grandbleu, I started taking the cough medicine twice a day (once in the middle of the day and once after I got home from work) about 3 days before my predicted ovulation date until the day after ovulation - and BD each of those days. :blush:

Basically, you should take it all the days you know you're probably fertile.

If your cycles are irregular I'd say start taking it the same day your opk looks like it's about to turn positive. (That's what I plan to do next time, as I have no idea what this chemical has done to my cycles. :dohh:)

Hope this helps. :kiss:

Ok ladies, I have done all I can this cycle and am now in the waiting game. We BDed every other night til I got my smiley face then bd 3 nights in a row and I used preseed and softcups. I am satisfied knowing we gave it our all this cycle!

Lots of baby dust to all!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

All of the above sounds interesting - sadly as a result of expenses incurred this month am probably going to be too skint to put much money into TTC this month. :growlmad:

Am going to my Doc on Thursday for a general chat and to be put back onto Metformin. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I've seen some women who have been advised to stay on it til week 16 when they concieve with PCOS - am hoping it will add some extra sticky to our next little bean.

C X x X

Ok ladies, I have done all I can this cycle and am now in the waiting game. We BDed every other night til I got my smiley face then bd 3 nights in a row and I used preseed and softcups. I am satisfied knowing we gave it our all this cycle!

Lots of baby dust to all!!!!!

You sound very well prepared. Good luck...X-ed!

When i start "trying properly" again im def gonna look for the cough medicine. Thank you.

x

Hey ladies can I join in?

I agree with the any position works theory - I usually end up ontop (sorry TMI!) and we have had two BFPs (sadly no bubs though)

Cough medicine with those two things in them (i wont even try to spell!) are mucolytics - they thin out thick mucus - god for chesty mucusy coughs - or for turning thick CM into thinner EWCM - hense helping with TTC. Just make sure it contains the right stuff!

We did the SMEP last time too - think it helped make sure eggy and spermies met! Although it was tiring and hubby was getting a bit sick of the 'regime'!

Also I have had both my pregnancies while 'on a diet' which I really should be back on to shift some of the excess pounds but the MC this month really got me down and what do I do when I am down - EAT!!!

Diet starts tomorrow - again!!

babydust to all xxx

Hey ladies can I join in?

I agree with the any position works theory - I usually end up ontop (sorry TMI!) and we have had two BFPs (sadly no bubs though)

Cough medicine with those two things in them (i wont even try to spell!) are mucolytics - they thin out thick mucus - god for chesty mucusy coughs - or for thurning thick CM into thinner EWCM - hense helping with TTC. Just make sure it contains the right stuff!

Can't think of anything else we did specifically although I have had both my pregnancies while 'on a diet' which I really should be back on to shift some of the excess pounds but the MC this month really got me down and what do I do when I am down - EAT!!!

Diet starts tomorrow - again!!

babydust to all xxx

Hi , Im sorry about your losses.

I have a chesty cough now so its a double wammy for reasons for trying the cough medicine. And i agree with the diet thing thats the only thing i did diff when were NTNP and i got my BFP.

(we were NTNP for 14 months - so i know thats what did it)

I have vowed to go back on a diet soon but i just cant be bothered at the moment and its xmas soon so ill just pile it back on anyway lol.

x

- Oh and thanks for explaining why and why it works. I thought i had read it but couldnt remember so was going to ask again.

Very interesting thread girls. I am TTC'ing again after mmc in late Aug.
I am using the cough medicine this month, never tried it before plus I invested in a CBFM so first month using it. Fx'd!

Took me 12 long months to get last BFP so hoping its much quicker this time. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming!

AHH I wish AF would come already so I can start TTC again lol. Buying cough medicine tomorrow and some preseed! Wooohoo! Good luck Ladies! 51 comments and counting!

it was my second cycle using cough med and conceive plus when i finally got bfp. and bding earlier on ov day, like 6pm instead of 10pm.

will def be doing all those things again this time round.

Oh lord Bding earlier wouldn't happen for us - I only finish work at 7 not home til 8! UNless I happen to ov on a weekend then DH won't know whats hit him! xxx

Great thread! I checked out the link on SMEP and I think I'll follow it this month. I'm also going to use OPK, as I don't think I'm so great at predicting. I'm only on day 5 of my cycle, but I'll keep everyone posted on whether it's successful or not!
P.S. Could anyone explain what the soft cup, or cup something, is about? Some people have mentioned it but have only said that it's 'gross'.

DUH, of course I'll be using OPK - it's part of the plan! (sorry, had just woken up)
Speaking of SMEP: I just found a thread about it on the TTC board called
SMEP Chart/Stats. Check it out!

Hey ladies can I join in too?
Had a mmc at the start of August and started TTC again in September, first cycle we took it easy but stepped it up a bit on the second one, tried OPK's (IC and digi) cough medicine and SMEP. GOT BFP that cycle so I'm convinced the very structured approach worked for us.....but poor OH was a wreck by the end of it :haha::haha:

Tbh didn't notice anything 'extra' when I took the cough medicine only it made me cough and splutter like mad :dohh: Idon't know - maybe I'm just awkward

Great thread! I checked out the link on SMEP and I think I'll follow it this month. I'm also going to use OPK, as I don't think I'm so great at predicting. I'm only on day 5 of my cycle, but I'll keep everyone posted on whether it's successful or not!
P.S. Could anyone explain what the soft cup, or cup something, is about? Some people have mentioned it but have only said that it's 'gross'.

I'm using soft cups this cycle as well as preseed and the SMEP.

The soft cups are great, IMO. I first tried them with AF to get some practice before using them TTC. For TTC you put it in right after you BD and it keeps his swimmers close to the cervix. You can keep the soft cup in for 12 hours then remove. There are a lot of good reviews of them but it def. takes some practice getting htem in and out. Hope they help me get a BFP this cycle!

Baby dust to you!

SUMMARY OF PPP thus far ;):

1. SMEP - Sperm Meets Egg Plan - great read and tips to raise your chances to 40%! https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
  2. Don't clean up after the deed - better yet just sleep overnight with sperm in you.
  3. Deep (Ahem!:blush:) Positions - from behind, missionary (however there are ladies who have gotten BFP's with any and all positions meaning try to variate! :) as we know cervixes and uteruses are all very different).
  4. Bicycle or Tummy Time - After the deed depending on your uterus legs up in the air with pillows under hips for a nice angle or lying on your tummy might do the trick if you have a tilted uterus some ladies say.
  5. Soft Cups - used to keep the sperm in even more used after BDing https://www.softcup.com/
  6. Pre-seed or Conceive Plus - to be used as lubricant if you don't have enough EWCM - use right before BDing - https://www.preseed.com/ or https://www.conceiveplus.com/
  7. OPK's - this is used to best predict the time you will ovulate (2 or 3 days before) try to use digital if you can afford to as this will avoid the whole confusing lines. Clearblue Easy is a good brand: https://www.clearblueeasy.com/
  8. EWCM help: Green Tea, Evening Prim Rose Tablets, Grapefruit Juice (unsweetened and pure), Fish Oil Tablets, Robitussin Cough Syrup or any Cough Syrup whose active ingredient is guaifenesin.
  9. Charting Temp: Use FF (www.fertilityfriend.com) to chart your temps, cervix position and CM to get to know your cycles and when you ovulate. Basic membership is FREE!
  10. For our future babies: Folic Acid, PreNatal Vitamins, Baby Aspirin (only for certain women with a clotting disorder - ask your Dr. first)
  11. Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - Now this tea is supposed to tone the uterus but some people only recommend it AFTER pregnancy and only in the 2nd or 3rd trimester. Definitely consult your OBGYN or naturopath before drinking during the TTC time to make sure it's right for you.
  12. No Alcohol or Drugs - as much as we would love that glass of wine :wine: there is evidence to suggest they can reduce the chances. Now many people have conceived while drinking or smoking so it doesn't mean it can't happen but just a suggestion to have the best possible chances ever.
  13. No Oral Sex - This would be prior to intercourse as there is some evidence that the bacteria in the mouth can cause damage to male sperm, same applies to anal sex before intercourse (Ahem! :blush:)
  14. Make sex enjoyable!:happydance: More enjoyable sex means higher sperm count and better "swimmers".

BABY DUST TO EVERYONE! :) and keep adding tips and tricks :)

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"