the pregnancy brain thread

Shri

Reaction score
I thought it would be quite fun to start a list of the mad things we have done due to pregnancy brain...

My worst so far is

- forgetting to put the parking brake on so the car started rolling away when I got out and I had to jump in again (not fun!)

- pouring water on my cereals instead of milk

- forgetting to go to work!!!!:rofl: ( I went in as soon as I realised, but it was a bit of a mad rush!)

- oh and the number of times I have nearly gone out of the house in my slippers and only realized when I am getting into the car

Haha they are good! I havent had much of a pregnancy brain really (I probably have but cant think off the top of my head!)

I have been answering my mobile as if im at work though 'Good afternoon, Zoe speaking, how can I help' sort of thing when its usually my mum or nan on the phone!

My OH has been awful with the pregnancy brain thing - a few times he has put an empty can in the washing up bowl and the glass in the bin!

Hes also put the butter in the oven a few weeks ago!

Theres lots hes done, will have a think and come back!! xx

-I threw a glass in the garbage and put a candy wrapper in the sink
-Sat in the freezing cold apartment all day freezing my butt off, then 5 or 6 hours later realized I didn't even have the heat turned on
-Tried to answer the phone with my t.v. remote and ending up freaking out cause it wouldn't turn on and the phone wouldn't stop ringing (I think this has something to do with not paying attention haha)

My worst moment has been leaving the keys in the car, the car running and then walking off not realising until halfway down the road trying to plip my central locking.

Im lucky someone didnt jump in my car and drive off!!

I turned on the oven, let it heat up, set the timer and forgot to put the pizza in.........when the timer went off I opened it up ready to eat lunch and there was nothing there :rofl:

:rofl: Just you girls wait until you do something like that!

These are some funny stories! I think this will become a pretty fun thread to read.

I've not done anything too bonkers, mostly its affected my language skills - kind of been reduced to the level of a 5 year old I think! I keep saying the wrong words all the time, if they begin with the same letter then that's close enough for me!

I'll keep you posted on crazy behaviour as it develops though!

I can't think of anything apart from not being able too read properly and getting my words muddled up lol but my OH made me nearly wet myself the other week with his pregnancy brain lmao..

He said "babe come look there are ducks in the next doors garden!"
So i went too the window looking for ducks only too see pigeons instead!
But when i tried too tell my OH it was pigeons he got so worked up claiming they were not pigeons they where male ducks.
Bless his heart when he admitted defeat and said it was because he couldn't see properly
(you can see clear as day into next doors garden and the pigeons where easy too see they where not far away lol)

<3

Hahaha, funny topic :rofl:

I can't think of anything I've done yet. . ?
If I've done anything. Hm!

haha my OH is the best, we were watching that prog on britains biggest babies last night and there was someone having a c-section. they were proper pulling her stomach apart. he screamed and said "eew her f*nny will never be the same again!!" i was like, what the baby's not comin out it! he was like, but they just ripped it open!! haha cos your bits are on your belly obviously!! thought i was going to wee myself!

I forget the right words for things and have to make do with waving my hand about and saying "thingy, you know thingy" for loads of things.

I went shopping with a long list of stuff we needed but lost the list in the first shop and so just wandered round the next shop with a confused expression on my face with DH saying "What do we need? What was on your list?" and me saying "I can´t remember". That really messed me up!!!

I keep leaving the parking brake on while driving... the worst was a few days ago; I drove about 30 minutes with it on. At the end it started to stink like hot rubber, and I was thinking there was something wrong with the engine. When I pulled into the parking lot I realized the brake was still on - d'oh! And I've done it about three more times since then, except I usually realize about 30 seconds to a minute in. Still...

Before I found out I was pregnant, but still pregnant I did two things.

One was to put the regular work mail in the UPS pouch. Then when I went to take out the mail I couldn't find it! Thankfully I found out before the UPS guy came.

Then I was talking to my best bud. It was June 3rd. I started freaking out saying today was her oldest's B-day and I had forgotten. SHe was so confused because his B-Day is February 3rd. I had forgotten what month it was!!!

I haven't done anything very amusing yet, but I get all my words muddled up. I know what I mean but it all comes out wrong! Typing is really difficult and I have to check everything a million times.

:blush: I read this yesterday and was really pleased I hadn't done anything really stupid then everything started going wrong.

I tried to text DH to ask him to call me but instead of sending the message I just put the phone to my ear, it took me 2mins to realise what I was doing.

After I made my lunch for today I tried to stick the cling film to our magnetic knife block.

I put both the box of cereal and my bowl of cereal in the fridge this morning (I really did mean to sit and eat them)

:rofl: There are some great ones in here and I bet its only going to get better! So far the only daft things I have done are forgetting how to get to my local Asda, don't quite know how I forgot but I realised I was going to my mums instead and pulled into a petrol station where it took me a full five minutes to figure out how to get to the shop. And that was two days before my :bfp:!

I've also walked away and left the grill on..... :dohh:

Does anyone know why we do these things? Is it a direct consequence of being more tired, the brain doesn't function quite as normal?

I remembered something - I forgot to go to not one but two events for work in the past couple of weeks. Got emails about how well they went and was all "oh, have they taken place already?" :dohh: I should add it's my job to go to these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->