the pregnancy brain thread

at work i poured a jug of water into the bin instead of the sink x

I went out for dinner with two different earrings in - and they were a dangly pair too and quite different. My OH thought it was really funny.

I once went to work with 2 different shoes on...but who am I kidding...I wasn't preggers then. =-)

A couple of weeks ago I had planned to make a veg stirfry. I was so looking forward to it that I chose to ingnore the fact that the veg was passed it's best. It was a little bit stinky, so I rinsed it off under the cold tap :huh: and cooked with it anyway. :shock:

As I was eating it I kept thinking it tasted a bit odd but I just put it down to the new gluten free soy sauce I'd used. :huh: It wasn't until I started chewing on a piece of rancid onion :sick: that the penny dropped that, yes indeedy, this veg is off! :dohh: No wonder Charlie wouldn't eat it! :lol:

Best bit? I'M A CHEF!!! :rofl::rofl:

haha i like that last one!! i just wondered why i blew a fuse in the house, i'd put the dishwasher, the washing machine and the kettle on all at once!! didnt occur to me that they were all right next to each other! and it was the fuse for the fridge too!!

I gave my OH an empty plate instead of the 2 slices of bread i'd just buttered for him!!
I also left my straighteners on the other day - could of burnt the house down!! x

heh girls - I don't get it - you'd think nature would make you more alert and careful while pregnant wouldn't you - so what IS pregnancy brain and why do we get it?

heh girls - I don't get it - you'd think nature would make you more alert and careful while pregnant wouldn't you - so what IS pregnancy brain and why do we get it?

I think it may have something to do with the extreme tiredness.

Hey Shri, I wondered that as well. Blah11 has a point I think but couple it with the frenetic activity in the uterine area, where all the blood is prioritised to, it leaves less for the rest of the bod until things catch up with themselves.

Mind you that doesn't explain why my OH yesterday left his knife on his plate and rinsed a cracker off under the tap. Hah! :rofl:

Mind you that doesn't explain why my OH yesterday left his knife on his plate and rinsed a cracker off under the tap. Hah! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:oh that's funny.

I have a good one today - just happened. I opened the kitchen cupboard where we keep the toaster and stared at this empty space for ages feeling really worried that the toaster had disappeared! I was about to cry because I really wanted my crumpets toasted and we don't have a grill on our cooker.

OH had already taken it out and left it on the counter!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I just didn't see it. My mind was fixated on those crumpets!:blush:

They should enter that in the dictionary under brain fart. :rofl:

So funny. :hugs: Thankyou X

I think my OH has the pregnancy brain and not me!

Last week he was so close to almost pouring white spirit into the washing maching instead of softener!! If i wasn't watching him, i would hate to think what it would have done to all the clothes let alone the washing machine!

Another stupid one to add. I had to ask my Husband how to spell his name, the best bit was he spent about 5minutes trying to work it out on a piece of paper. I now know it G-E-O-F-F-R-E-Y

Another stupid one to add. I had to ask my Husband how to spell his name, the best bit was he spent about 5minutes trying to work it out on a piece of paper. I now know it G-E-O-F-F-R-E-Y
:rofl::rofl:
the other day I put the wrong name badge on this little boy! (I'm a children's educator) I felt awful.

I was on the elevator this morning, going downstairs with a large group of people and stepped off on the wrong floor :blush: :rofl:

haha this morning i was sat at work telling everyone how the only thing that matters is that the baby's healthy and has 4 arms and 4 legs!! Took a while for someone to work it out and say "no, not sure i'd want my baby to have 4 arms!"

Throwing clothes in the dryer without a bounce:lol:, putting away the cereal in the fridge, leaving the milk out, I've done it all.

haha this morning i was sat at work telling everyone how the only thing that matters is that the baby's healthy and has 4 arms and 4 legs!! Took a while for someone to work it out and say "no, not sure i'd want my baby to have 4 arms!"

:rofl:

I feel left out... :cry:

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary yet.. - although I probably should be quite happy about this....

Em

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"