the price of mcdonalds :@

Haha I wish they didn't taste as nice as they used to :rofl:
I had a big mac meal on tuesday and it was too tasty, I'd happily have another tonight lol :)

My friend is coming mine with McDonald's :happydance: :happydance:

Cx

Damn it, stop bumping this. i want one too :(

Haha same :( I keep seeing this thread and thinking mmm mcdonalds!
I do love a good KFC but yeah I find them a little pricey, compared to Mcdonalds anyway.

The thing is it is overly priced but so are all the other fast food chains out there. I used to go to McDonalds a lot when I was younger but as I have aged I prefer to eat at healthier places such as Subways. I think that the chips at Maccys are too salty even though they have supposed to have cut the salt content down.

The price differences around the world are amazing... A McChicken on its own in the UK is about £2.49 last time i looked (I buy mayo chickens because of it!). In the US its $1! And they taste waaay better there.

If we're going by the exchange rate, we are being charged 3 times the amount!

The thing is it is overly priced but so are all the other fast food chains out there. I used to go to McDonalds a lot when I was younger but as I have aged I prefer to eat at healthier places such as Subways. I think that the chips at Maccys are too salty even though they have supposed to have cut the salt content down.

Interesting reason to change. Subways have between 700mg and 1300mg of sodium, a bigmac is about 1000mg. And subway often have more calories that a big mac too :thumbup:

The price differences around the world are amazing... A McChicken on its own in the UK is about £2.49 last time i looked (I buy mayo chickens because of it!). In the US its $1! And they taste waaay better there.

It was way more expensive than that when I went to NYC last year x

Interesting reason to change. Subways have between 700mg and 1300mg of sodium, a bigmac is about 1000mg. And subway often have more calories that a big mac too :thumbup:

It was way more expensive than that when I went to NYC last year x

I bet thats just because its NYC. Everything is more expensive there! :dohh: The tax is also 8.8%
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/meal_bundles/dollar_menu.html

Yeah maybe, it wasnt as expensive as here I dont think (and I live in London) but the McChicken sandwich wasnt on the $ saver menu.

Yeah that won't be the actual McChicken Sandwich - notice the bun is different. That will be the mayo chicken burger (what it's called here, and on the 99p menu) but they'll call it McChicken (without the sandwich) to make it sound more tempting xx

I refuse to pay that kind of money for a mcdonalds, It barley filling! the only filling thing there is the damned drink LOL - i would rather spend a little more at KFC and get a 'meal', but in all honesty you could get a proper meal in a pub on 2 for 10 at it would be more nutritious, they will outprice themselves soon x

Subway is way more expensive tbh, and not that much healthier even the veggie patty is calorific) the quality isn't that great either IMO. I used to work there so saw quite a lot lol.

Prices are up everywhere. I dont go to mcdonalds but local places here meal deals are much dearer than that. Micky Ds is considered cheap compared to them. I dont really go to take aways only for a chip very rare.

Yeah that won't be the actual McChicken Sandwich - notice the bun is different. That will be the mayo chicken burger (what it's called here, and on the 99p menu) but they'll call it McChicken (without the sandwich) to make it sound more tempting xx

Definitely not the Mayo Chicken. Its completely different. Its the same as our McChicken, but tastes better. Its more spicy. I have lived in both countries and eaten both.

Dont suppose it matters though! A chicken burger is a chicken burger :haha:

I've lived in both the United States and the UK and I can very much assure you the Mayo Chicken in the UK is not a McChicken in America..not even close. How do I know? Cause I've eaten them both not looked at pictures...

I've lived in both the United States and the UK and I can very much assure you the Mayo Chicken in the UK is not a McChicken in America..not even close. How do I know? Cause I've eaten them both not looked at pictures...

The tone in this seems a little harsh. She was just suggesting :shrug:

If we're talking about expensive takeaways/fast food...pizza! jeeeeeez! £15 for a pizza!! We usually get ours from sainsburys off the deli. 14in 3 toppings of your choice £3.49 or £1 extra for them to cook it for you. And it's sooooo much nicer!

But yes McD's has got more expensive. We sometimes get vouchers through our door for the one in town (without a drive through) so every so often we'll get one. But it's so hit and miss with whether the chips are hot! (my burgers are always hot as I'm one of those pain in the ass losers that has to have it plain!!) Once I just asked for lettuce and onion and they looked at me like I had 3 heads!! So I just say plain now!!

McDs prices in the US vary considerably depending on state, you also have to bear in mind that foods containing high levels of certain cereal crops such as corn and wheat are heavily subsidised by the US government. When it comes to the happy meal it was £1.99 in 1993 and I remember back then the various meals were around £2.88 so over such a long time period they haven't gone up by that much-when you look at other food xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->