the price of mcdonalds :@

McDs prices in the US vary considerably depending on state, you also have to bear in mind that foods containing high levels of certain cereal crops such as corn and wheat are heavily subsidised by the US government. When it comes to the happy meal it was £1.99 in 1993 and I remember back then the various meals were around £2.88 so over such a long time period they haven't gone up by that much-when you look at other food xx

I was thinking thats not summer rain, os your avatar has changed :haha:

Thanks for the heads up ladies, we haven't been to mcdonalds for a while. I won't be a shocked when I next go in.

We need our mcdonalds to be like Eygpt. Their portion sizes are double the size of ours and still the same price (well prob a little cheaper now I've read this thread). Big macs have 4 burgers on them, quater pounders had two bugers on the. Chips and drinks are like super size portions and they even do delivery!!! Not good for the waistline, but least it is value for money, LOL.

I wish McDonalds would do deliveries here...

Saying that though probably a good thing they don't as not only would I be their most regular customer I'd also be very un-healthy :haha:

x

I cant believe people think its expensive? Maccy D's is still cheapy food hehe.

McDs prices in the US vary considerably depending on state, you also have to bear in mind that foods containing high levels of certain cereal crops such as corn and wheat are heavily subsidised by the US government. When it comes to the happy meal it was £1.99 in 1993 and I remember back then the various meals were around £2.88 so over such a long time period they haven't gone up by that much-when you look at other food xx

I was thinking thats not summer rain, os your avatar has changed :haha:

Yeah I was thinking last night people will think I'm an imposter hence my little disclaimer :haha: xx

Hahaha, I didnt even see the siggy thing just was all no. It is pretty but I dont do change, especially confusing change :haha:

You can get a beer and burger in Whetherspoons for £3.99, now that is value for money!!! But McD's is so hard to resist, I don't think it is too badly priced, sandwich meal deals are usually between £3-£4 and they don't have the hot VAT added on xx

it's not even the price... to me a maccy d's just doesn't seem to taste as nice as it used to??? the chips are always hard/ cold/ no salt. The burger just doesn't have as muchy flavour as it used to???

OMG if you like salt come to my McDs! I went there the other day with OH and he got a meal and i just had chips (i dont eat burgers etc) and i couldnt even finish the regular chips! The amount of salt on them made me wanna :sick:

Tbh, i think mc donalds is the best priced fast food restaurant!!

KFC is more expensibe and Burger King is a joke!

Personally i think KFC is better value for money. It IS slightly more expensive but you can get a bargain bucket for £9.99 which feeds 4 so that averages out at like £2.50 per person and i think there is like a 10piece bucket for £16 or something like that and that still only makes it like £4 per person for a family of 4. :)

*la la la la la* stop talking about Mc D's - I really want one now :(

I just had a mcds! 2x large big macs a diet coke and a strawberry milkshake is £8.98 here x

Ive just bought a Large chicken ledgend meal and 6 nuggets for Frankie and it came to £7 something.

The price differences around the world are amazing... A McChicken on its own in the UK is about £2.49 last time i looked (I buy mayo chickens because of it!). In the US its $1! And they taste waaay better there.

If we're going by the exchange rate, we are being charged 3 times the amount!

I get those here sometimes and they are $1. What I usually get comes to about $2, but it's just a cheeseburger and small fry (what used to be a Happy Meal-- Did you get the dang apples and microscopic fries instead of the regular fries in the Happy Meals over there now? I used to just order that when they had them for $1.99 on certain days and now don't because they are awful without the fries.). If I get a drink it's the $1 unsweet tea, but I'm trying to cut that out to keep the caffeine down now. :coffee:

Yeah maybe, it wasnt as expensive as here I dont think (and I live in London) but the McChicken sandwich wasnt on the $ saver menu.

I don't think NYC even does the dollar menu. They have everything overpriced.

They did have a $ saver menu :thumbup: I noticed cos I was surprised by it.

If we're talking about expensive takeaways/fast food...pizza! jeeeeeez! £15 for a pizza!! We usually get ours from sainsburys off the deli. 14in 3 toppings of your choice £3.49 or £1 extra for them to cook it for you. And it's sooooo much nicer!

But yes McD's has got more expensive. We sometimes get vouchers through our door for the one in town (without a drive through) so every so often we'll get one. But it's so hit and miss with whether the chips are hot! (my burgers are always hot as I'm one of those pain in the ass losers that has to have it plain!!) Once I just asked for lettuce and onion and they looked at me like I had 3 heads!! So I just say plain now!!

Pizza is really cheap here. On Wednesday I get a large 1 topping from the local pizza place for $5. I think Little Cesars has them for $5 everyday, but I'm not too crazy about theirs. We usually pay $6 if it's not Wednesday and get one from the local place.

Here a happy meal is £1.74 & a medium meal is £3.13. A value chicken sandwich is £ 1.22

It's one of the cheapest fast food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->