the quad test?? advice? please help??

maisybump

pregnant with twins
Reaction score
hi
i'm 11+3 today and my hospital did a scan on 11+1 (my 12 week one) they said they had no appointments for me around the 12 week mark and i was a few days short of them being able to do the combined NT scan :( they drew bloods but obviously couldn't measure any fluid because it was too early :growlmad: so they offered me the quad testing? has anyone had this? instead of the combined test? is it any more accurate? they gave me a leaflet and the odds of me getting "high risk" are 1 in 10 as i'm 35yrs old? thats pretty high odds? i'm worried it will come back "high risk" and what my options would be? i can't believe they have no appointments for a scan at the 12 week mark... any advice would be great x

Slightly different but I couldn't get an NT measurement from an NHS scan (baby wouldn't cooperate!) so they offered me the bloods only test which I think they said is around 60% accurate. I wasn't happy with that so went for a private NT scan. Got a measurement from the scan of 2.4mm (good measurement) but when combined with my bloodwork got a 1-130 chance of baby having Down's syndrome. Got Harmony test in end that came back low risk. All this has happened in the time I am still waiting for the blood results from NHS but now waiting for them to tell me I am high risk then I can explain what tests I have done privately whilst waiting for results!

was it the quad test they did? or just took bloods from you at 12 weeks? is the quad test not as accurate as the combined?
with your harmony test did you get to find out the gender? x

I thought the quadruple test was still fairly accurate just not as accurate as the nuchal test? I had a similar situation with DS in that he was measuring to small to do the test. I was offered a scan a week later but he wasn't co-operating so they couldn't do it then either. I then had the quadruple test around 16 weeks which came back low risk.

ahh thanks for that.. i'm 35 and the odds are 1 in 10 chance of being high risk? i guess i will have to wait and see.. i will be 15 +4 when they do it? and i'm just worried where i go from there if i do get a high risk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->